Amber Midthunder Cast In Skulls?

Started by ace3g, May 20, 2021, 03:44:34 AM

Author
Amber Midthunder Cast In Skulls? (Read 19,980 times)

SiL

SiL

I gave up on 14 Cameras after about 15 minutes. Don't remember her in it

DarthWall275

DarthWall275

I don't usually like bringing up politics, but the summary of this movie makes it out to be the typical "woke", virtue-signaling garbage that has increasingly  permeated the flophouse over the last several years. "Defying gender norms"!? GTFO.

Though I will attest to her being very easy on the eyes, I don't know enough about the actual actress herself or her acting abilities.. And that's a bad sign, I'm fairly certain she isn't cut out for this kind of role.

Lt.Kurosawa

Lt.Kurosawa

Yuck, no thanks dude.
You can't go 5 minutes without someone bringing up politics these days.
You can't even watch a movie or play a game without getting preached at.
This? This is peak divisive trash that only serves to push another agenda.

Poor Preds can't get a break. Guess the Xenos can't either.

SiL

SiL

Every movie has a social or political agenda.

Just say what you really mean without being so PC about it.

BigDaddyJohn

I think woke is self-explanatory enough. I still think it's too early to judge.

We could have a very good film, or a very bad one, there is just not enough information as of right now to know if it leans towards good or bad.

The premise/setting is different (which I love), that's the one thing we are sure of.

SiL

SiL

Woke isn't self explanatory, it's a meaningless buzz word in this context.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 01, 2021, 10:46:08 AM
I think woke is self-explanatory enough. I still think it's too early to judge.

We could have a very good film, or a very bad one, there is just not enough information as of right now to know if it leans towards good or bad.

The premise/setting is different (which I love), that's the one thing we are sure of.

It all depends on how it's handled I think. How well it's written. If the film's script is full of misogynist caricatures with an effort to step on one sex to uplift another, and begins feeling like a shallow lecture to the audience, it will go south fast unfortunately and be rejected by many males and females alike. But if the characters feel real and the story enveloping the Comanche culture and a woman trying to push past any gender roles feels organic and true to its core, I think audiences as a whole will embrace Kee as a protagonist. Hoping for the latter!  🤞

goose_3387

IMO I don't want to see a female Predator in this or implied in any way. Given it's a female protagonist going up against a Pred, having it female Vs female would really devalue the whole proving herself as a warrior.

I want the Pred to beat the crap out of her before she inevitably beats him.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: SiL on Jun 01, 2021, 09:52:29 AM

The fact that you asked him/her to not be politically correct about it shows you understood what he/she meant just like I did, thus it being pretty self explanatory.

Voodoo Magic

I do have to wholeheartedly disagree with this particular statement, SiL:

Every movie doesn't have a social or political agenda. Some are made solely with the agenda to entertain.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 01, 2021, 03:20:10 PM
The fact that you asked him/her to not be politically correct about it shows you understood what he/she meant just like I did, thus it being pretty self explanatory.
It shows I wanted them to be clear about what they really meant rather than obfuscating it with drivel, the opposite of what you're saying.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 01, 2021, 03:38:36 PM

Every movie doesn't have a social or political agenda. Some are made solely with the agenda to entertain.
They do, whether it's intentional or at the forefront or not. Your average 80s actioner, for example, operates under the idea that guns are good and that violence solves everything.

Are they trying to be deep or meaningful about it? Were the filmmakers even conscious about their beliefs dripping into their work? Of course not, in most cases. But the stories we tell and how we tell them are always going to be influenced by how we see and experience the world whether we try or not. It's inevitable.

Male empowerment is just as much a social comment as female empowerment, we've just come to accept it as the standard and everything else is "woke".

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Jun 01, 2021, 08:32:12 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 01, 2021, 03:38:36 PM

They do, whether it's intentional or at the forefront or not. Your average 80s actioner, for example, operates under the idea that guns are good and that violence solves everything.

Are they trying to be deep or meaningful about it? Were the filmmakers even conscious about their beliefs dripping into their work? Of course not, in most cases. But the stories we tell and how we tell them are always going to be influenced by how we see and experience the world whether we try or not. It's inevitable.

Yeah, I don't subscribe to a blanket statement of there being at least a subconscious social or political agenda on every piece of fiction put on film, something that would require a subscriber of this to manufacture imagery in every 80's & 90's B & C movie horror, monster, fantasy t&a schlock and drivel I've seen to produce some subconscious social or political agenda. Too many movies already have been thrust more meaning upon them than they were designed, where audiences and even sometimes the creators say - yeah, no, that's some crazy interpretation yo. But that's what it is, interpretation versus design. So I don't buy into a blanket subconscious social or political agenda on every piece of fiction put on celluloid. Yes we are a sum of our experiences, but making everything put to pen in this context to me is just putting a square peg in a round hole. It's overthinking to the highest degree.

SiL

SiL

Most of that c level dreck carries some pretty obvious, casual misogyny or racism, so no, we don't really need to force meaning or go spelunking to find examples.

SM

SM

'No chicks, especially native American chicks - just big muscley men.'

I was wondering how long it would take for these shitstains to crawl out.  Bit longer than I expected to be honest.

SiL

SiL

Yeah I expected much higher volumes and much worse by this point.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed