Del Toro Dropped, Boyd Holbrook In?

Started by Gazz, Oct 11, 2016, 11:50:09 PM

Author
Del Toro Dropped, Boyd Holbrook In? (Read 37,609 times)

HuDaFuK

^ Yeah, what he said.

BishopShouldGo

Because it's expected. It's Shane Black and an event movie.

It's also fun. There's fun in seeing an A-lister go against this creature.

It's also validating. It reaffirms that your favorite franchise is good enough to attract quality talent.

And again, really, sincerely, it's just expected. Consider my mind blown that Shane Black couldn't snag at least one of those A-list names. So, it's very unaffirming at the moment.

Consider me terrified. Shane Black will direct the movie with ZERO PASSION.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 17, 2016, 03:01:15 PMBecause it's expected.

I expected Prometheus to be good.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 17, 2016, 03:01:15 PMIt's also fun.

I can think of tons of movies without A-listers that are huge fun, and by the same token tons that have an A-list cast and are no fun at all.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 17, 2016, 03:01:15 PMIt's also validating.

A good end product would be all the validation we need. It's a freaking monster movie, the fourth entry in an action/horror series that, if we're honest, hasn't burned especially bright since the first in 1987. You're hardly going to have Robert De Niro and Al Pacino queuing up to be in it. But that doesn't mean a new film's automatically going to be cack.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 17, 2016, 03:01:15 PMShane Black will direct the movie with ZERO PASSION.

I've never seen him do anything with zero passion.

BishopShouldGo

Shane Black is cuing up for it. Which should have or should create a domino effect.

It's ok. We disagree!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Oct 12, 2016, 01:15:53 PM

Enough said...

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3372/3635988966_1639c9f0b9_o.jpg

I wonder what Blain would say about this guy?

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 17, 2016, 03:41:57 PM
It's a freaking monster movie, the fourth entry in an action/horror series that, if we're honest, hasn't burned especially bright since the first in 1987. You're hardly going to have Robert De Niro and Al Pacino queuing up to be in it.

Do you think Daniel Day-Lewis might be game?

BishopShouldGo

DDL was wanted for Terminator: Salvation lol.

Kaltes

Kaltes

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 17, 2016, 04:10:16 PM

First Oscar bait Predator movie. XD

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 17, 2016, 04:10:16 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Oct 12, 2016, 01:15:53 PM

Enough said...

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3372/3635988966_1639c9f0b9_o.jpg

I wonder what Blain would say about this guy?

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 17, 2016, 03:41:57 PM
It's a freaking monster movie, the fourth entry in an action/horror series that, if we're honest, hasn't burned especially bright since the first in 1987. You're hardly going to have Robert De Niro and Al Pacino queuing up to be in it.

I swear to god I bumped into him in the woods recently while hiking. He lives in Ireland. So the short answer is YES!

Daniel Day Lewis+Woods+Mountain=Predator.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 17, 2016, 04:10:16 PMDo you think Daniel Day-Lewis might be game?

Don't be stupid.

He's busy playing Turk in Aliens 2.5, remember?

In all seriousness though, given Day-Lewis' extreme penchant for method acting, I'm not sure it would be a good idea :laugh:

Kaltes

Kaltes

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 17, 2016, 06:53:23 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 17, 2016, 04:10:16 PMDo you think Daniel Day-Lewis might be game?

Don't be stupid.

He's busy playing Turk in Aliens 2.5, remember?

In all seriousness though, given Day-Lewis' extreme penchant for method acting, I'm not sure it would be a good idea :laugh:

I'm now wondering how'd he approach method acting if he was somehow casted as the Predator. :laugh:

BishopShouldGo

I feel this movie will end up with a Robocop 2014 type cast. I also feel like Sam Jackson will be cast lol.

HuDaFuK

That film had an awesome cast.

Shame literally everyone of value was wasted and the movie was forgettable crap.

Perfect example of why big names don't make a movie.

Thomas H.

Expected?? No it isn't. Wished for by a minority? Yes.

Every so-called A-lister was a non-lister at some point.

BishopShouldGo

Expected? Yes it is. On the basis of everything the filmmakers have said thus far, yes it is.

Wished for by a minority? Seemingly so, at least among the fanbase. Which is SO bizarre! You don't want your little franchise to do well? To be validated by having esteemed, big names attached to it? I want that. That'd be so surreal because the franchise has been B-movie-fied to death. Oh, and Shane wishes for it, too.

Yeah and when they were a non-lister, they'd be in any movie. If Ben Affleck was a nobody, of course he'd fervently take part in this movie. It's like what Oprah said. "Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you."

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 18, 2016, 08:49:20 PMWhich is SO bizarre! You don't want your little franchise to do well? To be validated by having esteemed, big names attached to it?

As plenty of us have tried to tell you far too many times now, a big-name star does not in any way equal or guarantee a good final product.

An A-lister isn't validation of anything. There are literally hundreds of movies with big-name stars that ended up being total crap.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed