Jon Spaihts interview with Empire Magazine

Started by Virgil, Oct 08, 2012, 04:16:39 PM

Author
Jon Spaihts interview with Empire Magazine (Read 39,274 times)

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Oct 08, 2012, 05:58:44 PM
Quote from: Gazz on Oct 08, 2012, 05:52:26 PM

E L A B O R A T I O N

Summer, 2015

James Bond films just celebrated their 50 year anniversary....
I think we all know what a Bond villain moment means.

Hence my immediate surprise that one could find a scene that currently reads like a verging on a parody Bond villain moment, 'beautiful' or 'movie making'. I elaborated on my earlier statement in the hope that you would elaborate on yours. I guess that was too much to ask of a discussion board.  :(

zuzuki

QuoteMy vision of the trilogy would have involved the arrival of the Yutani Company and a couple of other major plays around the Engineers themselves: the revelation of an additional grand Engineer design, and the possibility of seeking an Engineer homeworld.
This sounds like the original sequel would have had yutani coming to the planet, exploring the other piramids and then try to go to the engineer homeworld in the 3rd part. Now we are going there directly, of course if they don't change their mind and we get to see anohter planet terraformed by the engineers fist

fiveways

Spaihts script, from the commentary, sounds like it would have sucked and blown at the same time.  Sounds like a terrible dark horse comic.  Wait, why did I put terrible in there?  It's a given that Alien comics are all shit.

SpeedyMaxx

It really is too Snidely Whiplash for me.  It eliminates all the mystery in his character, which I felt made him so fascinating in the final film.  Also, the aliens are what they are in that draft, it seems - very little mystery, we know what they're gonna do and what's gonna happen.  But the larger framework of the Engineers, the expedition, the characters, the medpod scene, etc. - that is all genius, and I'm glad they expounded upon it in the rewrites.

Berserker Pred

I think that they should have stuck with Spaihts.

Blacklabel

His script sounded.... actually scary.

Here's hoping he comes back for the sequel. :P

(And bring the giger xeno's back, baby! And get some fully grown Deacons in there, too!)

ooh this image is new to me:

Blacklabel

Hadnt seen that! Thanks  :laugh:

aliens13

Quote from: Blacklabel on Oct 08, 2012, 08:01:28 PM
His script sounded.... actually scary.

Here's hoping he comes back for the sequel. :P

(And bring the giger xeno's back, baby! And get some fully grown Deacons in there, too!)

ooh this image is new to me:

Thats is the deacon or mutated fifield?

Blacklabel

That's one of the early versions of the Deacon. By Steven Messing, i believe.

ikarop

I think those are Carlos Huante's. The Deacon with its original color scheme.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

There were tons of people doing deacon designs.

That design up there Is pretty much one of the designs in this pic by Messing :P so i think was one of his takes.. before he came up with the final version.

Note how the 2 designs are different. Different heads, one has the back pipes and only 2 hands.. the other has a five fingered hand and no back pipes. (This is seen in another picture)

Pete Script

No idea if anyone has mentioned it yet but there is a documentary near the end of the special features of Prometheus which contains multiple screenshots of this site.

Blacklabel

whaaaa? Someone put that shit on youtube, stat!  :laugh:

Alienseseses

I think a lot of these are interesting ideas. I wonder if they'll be used for a sequel.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed