Like tears in Rain - SinglePlayer Map (WIP)

Started by Le Celticant, Mar 29, 2016, 11:47:39 PM

Author
Like tears in Rain - SinglePlayer Map (WIP) (Read 29,775 times)

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 29, 2016, 07:05:37 AM
considering AVP2 has one of the worse light system I've ever seen!
true light system its bad

I think Mom monolith gave you just one example of what the community can do with a simple editor.
perhaps the dedit is primitive is complex to use.
I wonder if after 15 years he should move on to something more modern.
something more simple and intuitive.
AVP2 is a bit like an old framework and dedit his brush

in italy we say :
it does not take a large brush, but a big brush.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 29, 2016, 07:52:43 AM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 28, 2016, 08:57:26 PM
I'm thinking of it since a very very very long time.
I love doing tutorial but they need an outstanding amount of work.
I'll definitely try to make one for you fox. I've already done some on paper, just need to try on video now with my sexy voice  :D
I might start a youtube channel for this so we could easily make a playlist about different things.

I would really appreciate that too.

so do i

windebieste

windebieste

Here ya go:

msg player (teleport TP0);msg player (Character Drone; resetinventory)

This is from 'Hostile Appetitie'.  The command was used to relocate the Player somewhere else in the map, respawn them as a Drone and also ensure that any previous inventory items were discarded and associated with the Player as appropriate.

Of course 'Drone' could be any character (Alien, Marine, Merc or Predator) as listed in the character attributes text.

-Windebieste.

Le Celticant

Hey,

This is... wonderful!!!  :D Thank you so much, it'll save me a lot of headache!
And I can make a map now that is less action oriented for some part of the game ^^
Always thought AvP2 had too much gun fest exploding corps.

Cya

PsyKore

PsyKore

Nice. That's one command I didn't know of.

Vrastal

Vrastal

This looks fanstistic i wish moreSP campaigns were made. cant wait

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Nazrel on May 16, 2016, 07:08:31 PM
This looks fanstistic i wish moreSP campaigns were made. cant wait

There's another SP map being made by HHO (Release will be soon)

Le Celticant

Hey,

thank you very much Nazrel!

I haven't posted much but, I'm still working on it.
I got really inspired by playing at Alien Isolation again and at looking at some of very old Alien Concept art.
They gonna come very handy while building the Space Jockey ruins  :P

Cya

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Hey,

I've been busy with work lately but I still managed to keep some freetime to work on the thing.
It'll officially named: "Like tears in Rain" a nod to Ridley's Scott Blade Runner.

Expect some scary water and rain element  :D

I should be able to give you a small video preview by the end of next week.
Or just a couple of screenshot, depends how far I progress.

For now, a lot of the geometry is done in separate file, but the more I work on, the more I have ideas and well... I think they are awesome so I have to add them.
I'm revising a bit my statement so, I think 50% of the geometry is done (the hardest part anyway).
The rest is mostly to find ways to connect all the prefabs and a few extra location to fill some gap.
Then comes the SP elements, scripting is going to be nasty, I want it to be a real experience, going from a weapon free Convict_Harrison at the beginning, making its way through the level evading the Aliens ala ALIEN: ISOLATION, find a few tools and becoming more powerful towards the end with a little surprise.

I've taken the liberty to extract some sounds from ALIEN: Isolation, I love the sound design of this game, I think they'll greatly enhance the experience of the scare factor.

Here is the plot so far:

Geospherize, a mining company subdivision of the Weyland-Yutani corporation has settle many outpost in the outer rim of the milkyway as human expansion require more energy to fuel the thousands of inhabited system. Although promising, the mining facility had to cut the cost and find some solutions to finance the extraction of possible mineral sites. To do so they agreed to host prisons for the most dangerous criminals in the galaxy receiving income for keeping the dirty rats of the galaxy locked up. But something happened during the digging of a site, something was uncovered, something dark and terrible that threatens all life forms in the universe.
The story start as you, one of the prisoner wake up, with no memory whatsoever of what happened.

There are a lot of mysteries to uncover, I'm trying to push the story side to reveal bit by bit who's the character you're playing and what's actually happening on this unknown planet.

to be continued...

x-M-x

Awesome! cannot wait to host it and play it.

:)

aliens13

Do you have a release date or you don't know yet?

Le Celticant

I do not know yet, sometimes this year  ;)

Nostromo

Best game ever. Best maps & locations, used to love playing the new mod maps. Wish someone would make a new version. I missed the whole boat on AVP3, what went wrong there?

Randomizer

Nice. Glad to see you're putting Windebieste's idea into practice !  ;D

Corporal Hicks

A) Love the title!
B) Sexy looking screenies!

System Apollo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 31, 2016, 07:22:40 AM
That looks gorgeous. I love that people are doing new AvP2 maps!  ;D
Hope it becomes a niche. At some time I was going to hold a tournament and hand out prizes for winners for Global AvP. It would be a good way to revitalize these games and build a closer community.

The Blade Runner themes are very present in the last screenshot. I would love to play this map, how long until it is finished.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed