ALIEN: COVENANT - August 4, 2017

Started by Stolen, Feb 28, 2016, 08:16:18 AM

Author
ALIEN: COVENANT - August 4, 2017 (Read 20,902 times)

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Feb 28, 2016, 04:19:48 PM
Is this movie sounding like Halo 4 to anyone? Big colony ship being downed(I presume) and finding themselves on an alien world inhabited by a guy whose a sole survivor of a crashed ship(shaw and cortana have short hair as well) and bunch of alien nasties trying to kill them all? Also the fact that there are Prometheans later discovered? Thoughts?

Do you really think that Ridley is going to make something so simple like that... He wants philosophical ideas in the movie, and he intends to explore the background of that creature (perfect organism) which is a bio weapon for mass destruction. Ridley from Prometheus wanted to make connection of Xeno origin story with human and Engineers story and perheaps with ultimate creator (I have a great feeling that we are going to see someone "new", I even have some informations but I wont share that).. Xeno is ultimetly the representation of human fall (Adam and Eve) and that first fall was first covenant with God, covenant with rainbow and flood everybody already know, but there are more covenants... All those motif from Paradise Lost will have certan significance in movies storyline (not too obvious connection, but major story of human fall and eternal conflict of two sides will surely have some impact on Covenant story). Ridley wants to explore how human deeds led to chaos and he also want to explore Davids involment in all that. David as human creation is ultimate link in the whole story. Only difference from Prometheus would be greater horror factor (and we 100% know that) and better character development (that is major fear, if they fail at that aspect of the movie, they are over)... because those are the major things Prometheus did wrong. Alien Covenant wont answer all the questions, there would also be ambiguity in many aspects of the story, and that is good because mystery is essential in movies like Alien and Prometheus. They only need to fix character development and narrative and to give us some more apparent clues that will lead to some answers (not all). They also CAN NOT disreard all the story Prometheus set, because no matter how mysetious and flawed that movie was, there are many good questions that Prometheus asked... and some hidden messages that could easily be present in Covenant... I even heard that some phillosophical aspect of Matrix movies would be integrated in Covenant story... What if the ultimate creator of everything is something that we made? Possibility of that twist is not so  impossible.. Remember Davids sentence: "Doesn't everyone want their parents dead?" They really have a lot material to explore and to make epic movie with great horror.

I will remain very optimistic about this one... and I m not too often optimistic about sequels and prequels,
but Alien Covenant seem to me like something that will top all Alien movies and fix Prometheus misdeeds! :)

So what I want from this movie: they cant disregard Prometheus major plot elements, compelling and well developed characters, original horror scenes (pretty hard R), lot of psychological horror, few not so direct answers similar to puzzle but solvable one (Prometheus is to me puzzle that can not be solved), exploration of Alien origin and its connection with humans, David or perhaps some third creator (Demiurge), I would like some twisted scenes and great story twists also... I want Paradise to be some kind of facility with desolate yet beautiful scenery (Remember that Janty Yates said that Covenant isn so much of a space suit movie!)... so that will be  sufficient for a great movie, I think ;D

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I guess the earlier the better. We will probably see a teaser by the end of the year like we did with Prometheus at the end of 2011.

Enoch

Enoch

I tried to make a fan poster for Alien Covenant... :laugh:
What do you think guys? At least I tried...

First colorful attempts of my poster
Spoiler

These are too much colorful; Thanks for idea Primordial ! ;)
[close]

Altered and improved version:

I have more ideas to play with  :laugh: :-*

Primordial

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 28, 2016, 07:22:10 PM
I still think that there is too much colors... but its interesting to me... :)

I put it in black and white for fun. The rainbow is almost invisible then  :-\

Spoiler
[close]

Maybe a middleground would be best ?! Waiting for your others :)

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: Primordial on Feb 28, 2016, 07:55:18 PM
Maybe a middleground would be best ?! Waiting for your others :)

Maybe something like this...?
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Stolen

Stolen

I am optimistic also because:
- Ridley Scott is a master of science fiction and of course a great director.
- Writing the script took more than two years. The Scott and Fox team were very attentive to detail and character development. It's certain. Michael Green wrote the film, the sequel to Blade Runner, Murder on the Orient Express, Wolverine 3, I know that Fox and Scott are very pleased with his work.
- Prometheus despite its flaws is a bloody great film. The secondary characters are bad, the assembly too, but the realization is absolutely amazing, epic music, impressive scenes, great ambience, Prometheus is not horror, it's pure science fiction that only a guy like Scott can do. Imperfect but grandiose. It's better than 99% of the blockbusters of the past 15 years.
- The material is huge, the Alien universe is profound. the mysteries surrounding Prometheus are interesting and important. A complex story in coming for sure.
- The cast is very good, Michael Fassbender in lead is an excellent thing. I just hope the secret return of Noomi Rapace.
- Harry Gregson Williams is back (Kingdom Of Heaven, Prometheus Theme, The Martian, MGS...)
- Pretty Hard R + Big Budget (120-150M$) + Fiordland is an exciting location.

The new release date is perfect. A teaser at year end would be huge, HUGE!

An Alien movie will come out in 2017. It's major.

Why I'm excited for Covenant? because

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoLXPYrrzBY

Ridley is such a boss !

Enoch

Enoch

100% AGREE with you Stolen! ;D

Primordial

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 28, 2016, 08:14:43 PM
Maybe something like this...?
Spoiler
[close]

My personal taste is this one. I like the structure from where the water is coming. Who knows what kind of dangerous creatures are inside ?

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: Primordial on Feb 28, 2016, 09:03:38 PM

My personal taste is this one. I like the structure from where the water is coming. Who knows what kind of dangerous creatures are inside ?

That structure is in fact gate from pyramid in Prometheus ;D
I analysed all hidden messages (bunch of them) from Prometheus:

Spoiler

There is even more... I analysed everything! :-*
[close]

And newest modification:

Infected

Infected

Am i the only one who is afraid that Ridley will die before this movie is done?
With all respect offcourse.
But i think he will retire after this, thats why he held Blomkamp down for the other Alien movie,
because someone has to move this franchise on when the captain is gone or not able anymore.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Stolen on Feb 28, 2016, 08:20:09 PM- Ridley Scott is a master of science fiction and of course a great director.

He's made his fair share of naff movies.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Infected on Feb 29, 2016, 11:13:11 AM
But i think he will retire after this, thats why he held Blomkamp down for the other Alien movie,
because someone has to move this franchise on when the captain is gone or not able anymore.

He's not that old! lol And he's got another 2 films he wants to do in this series after Covenant.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Infected on Feb 29, 2016, 11:13:11 AM
f**k. Of course you're not the only one. He's no spring chicken after all, the dudes 78. Plus all those cigars he's smoked. I'm pretty sure he'll retire after the series is finished as well. He'll be in his mid 80's by then. Which is why I think we'll get two more movies and not three. He may even shoot them one right after the other.

Whiskeybrewer

Well its cool that they brought it forward a little bit. Lol just hope filming doesnt over run lmao

Enoch

Enoch

All reports suggest that we ll see all three movies in a relatively short period of time and
of course that also depend on the success of Alien Covenant ;D ;)

They have a rough screenplay or story for all of them already prepared!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed