New AvP2 Pictures In ADI Book

Started by Darkness, Apr 21, 2007, 09:11:03 PM

Author
New AvP2 Pictures In ADI Book (Read 45,958 times)

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Yautja Thei-De, first of all, 'you cannot deny that these 2 brothers have done a better job than Paul Anderson...'...? Man, I rest my case her and now... And you say I am the hasty judgment guy... Someone who just because of the marketing posting by the Bros, because of the pics that show less than show more, think this is a better movie than PWA's, really should talk...  Instead of contradicting what i said, you actually sank deeper... so be more careful there...   I am not the one STILL giving the benefit of the doubt to Fox after all the stunts she did with the Alien and now the AVP franchise... I am definitely NOT the one who says they are still reserving judgment AND at the same time say this 'from what i've seen, the Bros, did a better job than PWA...' And you know that how...? On the SB words alone...?   Uau, the age of innocence is still here, after all...     ::)  

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

The designs are just the easy part: they extensively know the 'Aliens' design is more liked by the fans and they know that this Predator, without the bulky armour, will look more elegant, despite the fact he is still too heavy to seem agile and fast... The face, I don't know and don't particularly care, because this is just sideshow... I don't see any info coming out about the rally important aspects of the movie: the story and synopsis... Fox knows the December release could favour them, but could also make fans too impatient and also lose the hype and momentum if they don't let the info out in small drops... That is what they are doing and to tell you the truth,  I am not at all impressed with this 'out of the manual' marketing antics... Where is a synopsis...? Where is a trailer...? Why the late release...? By my calculations, they can do the marketing and post-prod at the same time... They are doing it already...

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

They are doing their marketing by convincing fans directly, on IMDB forums and here too...  And it seems they can save a LOT of money by doing this instead of big ad campaigns, especially because only the fans are showing willingness to go see this sequel...and it is a much easier audience to convince than the mainstream ones...     ;D  

Johnny Handsome

Of course the Story and the synopsis are very important if not the, the story in avp was good in my oppinion, but the creature designs werent, so this is the first thing that can make the film good, the creatures, and that is what this thread is about, the creatures... so we know the creatures are looking great in this movie, so that problem is out of the world now, now we can go for the story and all the things, but suing the brothers and fox for just releasing new pictures and not a story sinopsis and a trailer is a little stupid, and doesnt mean that the creatures look great and the rest will be shit.

Vader the White

Cool. The alien looks better than in that early pic of it.   ;D  

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

So, knowing what the story will be about is stupid...And they did not release any photos apart from the first one, otherwise we would be having higher-resolution ones than the tisy bitsy ones we got so far since then...  And you have to have coherence while posting your POVs... I am 'suing' the Bros for throwing sand to the fans eyes, and not be doing what they should... By now, we would be having AT LEAST a synopsis of the movie, being them so proud of it and all...   These pics are mere sideshow to keep fans contented and buy Fox more breathing space until the next rain drop they release... And that is how you manipulate fans... not rocket science there... 'Give fans what they want, but on our terms' crap... It is amazing people are still buying into this old strategy... Oh well, I seem to be the only one saying 'be careful with the precipice',  while everyone else is walking towards it looking at the sky instead...' So be it...

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Stupidity is to go with the flow, not look before you leap... And the same person who says this:  "...the story in avp was good in my oppinion, but the creature designs werent, so this is the first thing that can make the film good, the creatures...'   ...thinks my remarks are stupid... Go figure...  Very interesting reasoning there ...      :D     And your interpretation of what I said is ludicrous... The designs are worthless without a story... It is just for show, and not what will make it or break it for the movie... It is statements like that that sends chills down my spine and prove that fans are definitely NOT the best judges... Like women discussing soap operas...      ::)  

highland pred

highland pred

End of argument, if they aliens were to grow wings and start flying, i bet my house all of us on here would go see it...  Rijoenpial, you seem to forget that this franchise is owned by fox, run by them and also paid for by them.......? we have no say what so ever, we can only give our feedback...   a bit like what lucas done with star wars 1/2/3, we 90% of fans could have written 3 better movies? but we cant, because we are the cattle with the cash, just like you will be when you line up with your $5 bucks to get in.................or will you decide when the script lands on your front door......?   ;D  

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

Lookin' good...lookin' REAL good

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Actually, highland, you and all the fans have a say...  Just try to boycott the first weekend and you will see how much power the  fans have...  Fox is all about money, right? WHOSE money...? YOURS! So if you want them to respect you, demand some respect from them...  If ALL the fans would boycott the first weekend proceeds, you would seee Fox peeing their pants...! The ticket-buyers are the ones with the power, not FOX... If you demand they respect the franchises by doing wht you can, which is NOT give them your money, THEN the will learn and see more clearly...  Just try it...wait till the end of week...meanwhile, read some reviews from critics you respect... and then go see it... I am sure if the first-weekend proceeds plummett, they will stop treating fans like cattle...  Make your voice be heard... That is all I am saying...  I am not saying do not go see the movie at all... JUST wait till mid-week and then go see it if you must...   Just make them sweat a little...!   ;)  

Highland

Highland

I know what you say has some truth behind it, but lets face it, the fact the we are all on here every 5 minutes for an update means again 90% of us will go see it without blinking an eye.   We also have to remember the fans probably make up less than half (probably even less than that) of the proceeds, other wise there'd be 1000s of us on here instead of the 100 on here.    I agree with what you are saying, but sometimes we have to let go when something is gone..   Were never going to get Alien or Predator back, and thats the truth.   But the brothers can have a dam good try!    :)  

Punk19

Punk19

About time, I can finally let that breath out. The scene in the sewer is going to be smashing. Yay the Predator takes his helmet off in this and it looks as if the Strauss's got the Mandibles right.

War Wager

War Wager

I hope the sewers is where the Predator first fights the Predalien    ;D  

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Yes, the sewers is where that would take place. And I believe the first fight with the predalien, is also the last. ;)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I need to do a titled discussion just for RIJ, over in the forum, so that I can reply to all the accusations they've thrown at me, the last few times and which I have not had the chance to reply to. :)  For now, however, I would like to point out that none of the images have been officially 'sanctioned'. The main one was leaked out and they commented that they were surprised it had done so and would have preferred it did not, specifically because it was not lit in the right way. Here, similarly, is probably just someone at the general merchandise department in the studio, showing some random picture for suppliers who might be interested in carrying the book for purchase in future.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed