Predator Hunting Grounds (2020) by Illfonic - PS4 and PC

Started by molasar, May 09, 2019, 10:13:55 PM

Author
Predator Hunting Grounds (2020) by Illfonic - PS4 and PC (Read 46,919 times)

Voodoo Magic

Considering IllFonic's last game gave players the ability to unlock different Jasons from different Friday the 13th movies, even the futuristic Jason X, I think it's reasonable to assume players will be able to unlock various Predators.

Quote from: Komenja on May 11, 2019, 09:17:39 PM
2, True voice chat and Proximity Chat: In Halo 2 and 3, only players on your team could hear your voice at all times while in-game (except for pre-game lobbies, where everyone can communicate freely). However, there was a feature called Proximity Chat that let you and enemy players hear each other if you were close enough. If Hunting Grounds had this feature, perhaps Vocal Mimicry could allow the Predator player to record the actual dialogue being spoken between team mates that he can overhear while stalking them nearby, and throw it back at them (with the distortion effect applied) as a taunt mechanic? The obvious downside is, given the usual vulgarity and immaturity of online gaming, the Predator player could inadvertently mimic some really questionable or offensive stuff.

Wow! Very creative!

It's not likely to be implemented for reasons already stated but that would truly be something special. Nice idea!

Pvt. Soto

It would be awesome that the Elite Fireteam players get to hunt down a cartel as a bonus before the predator starts hunting them, that would be awesome

The Kurgan

Despite the risk that it makes pick-up games with uncooperative random players much harder for the humans, I hope they reward teamwork on the human side and patience and timing on the predator side.

Love Voodoo's mud idea. Would force the pred to use different vision modes but would also be a risk for the human players as there would probably be only be a few locations to get it, so the predator could  lay in wait.

When you think about there are so much small thing you could implement. Force the pred player to use the target laser for ranged attack so the humans have a little advance warning when they are targeted, put a river on the map so the humans could use it to secure their flanks etc, play with the vision modes. Infrared may give a big advantage, but you could be blindsided by a mud covered opponent when you overly rely on it or temporarly blinded with a flare or something like that, small makeshift traps or mines.

A lot of potential there.

Haedo

If it's coming out in 2020, why don't they just release it for PS5 ???

Nightlord

It may come to both, they wouldn't announce anything like that until they officially show off the PS5.

Voodoo Magic

Isn't the PS5 release predicted for November 2020?

This Predator game may be released early 2020 for all we know.

molasar

molasar

Rumors are that PS5 is going to be compatible with PS4.  Games may work with similar modes like on PS4 Pro. A performance frame mode with uncapped or 60fps option at the same base PS4 resolution, 4K resolution mode with the same base PS4 graphical effects or graphical mode with additional graphical effects at the same base PS4 resolution.
I would not be surprised if the game will be also cross play compatible as there is a game called Helldivers which can be played between PS3, PS Vita and PS4 for example.

[cancerblack]

Looks like a really interesting idea for a Predator game, which due to my busted thumbs and rural internet connection, I'll never be able to play. :'(

Stitch

Since the trailer wasn't in game footage, we don't know what type of gameplay it, will have. If it's a PS4 exclusive, it just might have VR compatibility.

That would be something interesting. Be the predator.  :o

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Stitch on May 13, 2019, 09:09:00 PM
Since the trailer wasn't in game footage, we don't know what type of gameplay it, will have. If it's a PS4 exclusive, it just might have VR compatibility.

That would be something interesting. Be the predator.  :o
Try to imagine it being made like Firewall Zero Hour but I do not believe they are concerned about it. There is only 4.2 million units sold of PS4 VR against 91.6 millions of PS4 consoles.

Original Predator

Literally the first "original" idea to come from the Pred Universe in over a decade at least.

I can't belive they aren't going to add X-Men, or a Predator-Incredible Hulk to this.  Amazing.  Good old-fashion Hunt-kill-Pred.  Wow.  Who would've thought.

And guess what everyone.  It's going to be a hit. Go figure.

Wysps

Quote from: Original Predator on May 14, 2019, 10:26:58 PM
Literally the first "original" idea to come from the Pred Universe in over a decade at least.

I can't belive they aren't going to add X-Men, or a Predator-Incredible Hulk to this.  Amazing.  Good old-fashion Hunt-kill-Pred.  Wow.  Who would've thought.

And guess what everyone.  It's going to be a hit. Go figure.

I know, it's shocking (in a good way) that we're actually getting a pure Predator game here.  I'm crossing my fingers that they don't try to fiddle with the idea at the last minute and, idk, try to sneak in some sort of tie-in with another universe. 

Despite my being horrible at multiplayer games, I will be giving this a shot  8)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Suprised and interested, but a goddamn ps4 exclusive? f**king hell I hope not. Xbox exclusives now have the windows 10 play anywhere thing, don't know if ps has something similar for pc players.

For those talking about F13. Right now it got 8 maps, 3 locations have 2 versions (normal and reduced) and other 2 locations that are bigger sized. The locations of stuff like objetives is random per match, so it changes even if its the same map, matches are hardly ever the same. There is a lot of customization for the counselors, a lot of creative executions for the 8 Jasons you can play as. Hope they add a lot of Predators we have seen, movies and EU.

A big issue is the balancing, hope they make it defeating the Predator very hard, in F13 killing Jason became too easy, they buffed Jason some months ago but for high level players its still not a issue to kill him. Once my party killed a Jason 3 matches in a row. f**king boring. But they managed to add a "campaign" mode for the game and it was interesting.

The lawsuit kind of screwed the other upcoming dlc, they were going to add more stuff like Jason X skin and other maps. Other rights issues prevented them to bring Remake Jason and FvsJ Jason. If the team doesn't face the same problems we could have a lot of continuous support for this one thus adding more stuff over time.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So either we're getting another new game, a PS4 port of the Predator VR attraction, or Hunting Grounds is gonna be playable in VR too?

https://www.exophase.com/game/predator-vr-psn/trophies/

Discussion moved to new thread: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=62242.0

draken161

I'm reluctant to be excited about this game. I played the hell out of F13 The Game and the devs abandoned it conveniently due to a licensing issue, of which both parties had said the developers were fine to continue on with the Jason X material in particular. The developers decided to respond with radio silence with a patch every 6 months if that with no new material to be developed or released.

The game remains absurdly unbalanced with glitches that have remained since launch. That radio silence has now been ended with a balance patch, then some social media presence but largely the game remains unfixed. I have little hope for this Predator game if that's that track record we have to contend with.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed