Designing the Huntress (Female Predator)

Started by PRED-ALEX, Feb 13, 2019, 01:08:51 AM

Author
Designing the Huntress (Female Predator) (Read 2,651 times)

PRED-ALEX

PRED-ALEX

Hi everyone. While working on the design of a female predator, I realized that few people understand the gender differences in the appearance of fantastic creatures. Obviously, the original Predator is a male creature in many ways resembling a human being. Therefore, it is completely obvious to me that the female Predator should look different from the male one, as in the human world. This means that the face of the female predator should be different from the face of the male. These considerations I was guided by working on the design of the Huntress. Many people may not like my version, but most artists simply attach boobs to the original predator, and design of the female predator ends there. And this is wrong.                                                                                                                     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaJAVzrLAO8   [img width=581 height=800]

The Old One

The Old One

Subscribed. I'd love a Female Predator to look like this, but yet be bigger in terms of mass and height than her Male counterparts. Predator would be so perfect for standalone Noir (The Creep) and Space Opera (Saga) comic books.

Predator would be so much better off at Image.

Kradan

I like how your drawing always so accurate and clean. Whem i draw there're always some stains remain.

PRED-ALEX

When you work with pencils or charcoal or any traditional soft material there are always be some dirty spots. For me concept drawings should be as clean as possible to make the idea as clear as possible - but it is not necessary for the creative fan art.

Kradan

Some advices how to keep it clean will be very usefull  :)

PRED-ALEX

Well, then you need to take a sheet of  paper to put your hand on it - to keep hand clean. And try not to touch the picture with  your hand when you draw, wash hands often...You know, draw as if Ridley Scott would see your work.

Kradan

Quote from: PRED-ALEX on Feb 13, 2019, 10:44:38 PM
Well, then you need to take a sheet of  paper to put your hand on it - to keep hand clean. And try not to touch the picture with  your hand when you draw, wash hands often...You know, draw as if Ridley Scott would see your work.

Thanks. Will "try harder".

PRED-ALEX

PRED-ALEX

The Old One

The Old One

Absolutely gorgeous work, I adore that first piece in particular. Love the subtle femininity you've added, and it's sensible considering the original Predator is rather traditionally masculine, love the colouration and you've created a more neat uniform look whilst maintaining the asymmetricality the design is known for.

PRED-ALEX

Thank you, Fiendishly Inventive! I think it's time to make models and sculptures to complete the work.

The Old One

The Old One

I can't wait to see them.

Voodoo Magic

Ditto!

The Old One

The Old One

Painted or unpainted do you think OP?

PRED-ALEX

I think that there will be several models, including painted ones

[cancerblack]

I love love LOVE that you've gone the bone structure route instead of hurr boobz. 10/10.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed