Announcing Alien: The Blueprints from Titan Books!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 26, 2017, 06:24:19 PM

Author
Announcing Alien: The Blueprints from Titan Books! (Read 50,740 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Glad to see this is finally "officially" announced - I'd spoken to Graham late last year and he mentioned this was in the works, it was hard to keep my mouth shut about it until it became official. :P

Corporal Hicks

Here's Graham's other blueprints from his Deviantart.

Russ840

Man I am so excited for this. Cant wait to see the prometheus and Covenant blueprints.

I love the level of detail. Even all the information looks very detailed as well

HuDaFuK

This sounds great! Definitely be picking up a copy of this.

Does anyone know if there'll be any interior schematics of those ships to go along with the excellent exterior blueprints?

windebieste

Interiors and floor plans would be neat.  I'm guessing there would have to be something like those drawn up - how many exterior drawings would there be for the 2 dozen or so ships and vehicles appearing in all the movies? 

Multiple orthogonal representations for sure; but it's a safe bet we'll be seeing more than just ship exteriors.  Mind you, there's also tons of other hardware items as well - large and small - that would make for ideal subjects for schematic treatment.

Either way, what a great in universe resource this will be. 

-Windebieste.

Hyperdyne120-a2

Interiors? I wish this was coming out TOMORROW

USG Ishimura

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 29, 2017, 12:13:46 PM

Does anyone know if there'll be any interior schematics of those ships to go along with the excellent exterior blueprints?

What you will see in the book will be similar to the past work you've seen from me. Ships, vehicles, colonies. There are some interiors included. Tend to be select areas you see in the related movie such as Ops and MedLab as an example rather than a full-on deck plan (apart from Nostromo, I go a little deeper). So a neat affordable book with some really cool artwork I hope you'll love. Another year to wait so I'll talk more about it nearer the time and when it's released. :-)

SM

How many films are you covering?

windebieste

Nice.  Thanks for the update.  Appreciated.

-Windebieste.

USG Ishimura

Quote from: SM on Sep 29, 2017, 10:27:38 PM
How many films are you covering?

Alien I-IV, Prometheus, Covenant.

SM

Russ840

I need it now

Xenomrph

Quote from: USG Ishimura on Sep 29, 2017, 10:23:12 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 29, 2017, 12:13:46 PM

What you will see in the book will be similar to the past work you've seen from me. Ships, vehicles, colonies. There are some interiors included. Tend to be select areas you see in the related movie such as Ops and MedLab as an example rather than a full-on deck plan (apart from Nostromo, I go a little deeper). So a neat affordable book with some really cool artwork I hope you'll love. Another year to wait so I'll talk more about it nearer the time and when it's released. :-)
I'm really hoping Alien3 and Resurrection get some love.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: USG Ishimura on Sep 29, 2017, 10:23:12 PMWhat you will see in the book will be similar to the past work you've seen from me. Ships, vehicles, colonies. There are some interiors included. Tend to be select areas you see in the related movie such as Ops and MedLab as an example rather than a full-on deck plan (apart from Nostromo, I go a little deeper).

Great, thanks for responding!

Can't lie, I would've loved to see full layouts of Hadley's Hope and the prison, but I guess we don't really get enough context on those in the films for that to be possible, so I can understand why that's not happening. Still really looking forward to this!

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 30, 2017, 08:33:09 AMI'm really hoping Alien3 and Resurrection get some love.

Yeah, likewise. I get why there's usually under-represented in things like this but I'd love to see them get a bit more inclusion. I loved that the W-Y Report had so much great Resurrection stuff, especially given Perry's confessed dislike of the film.

SM

I did a lot of work on doing floorplans for the prison a few years back.

Murderous.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed