Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 01, 2018, 12:00:49 PM

Author
Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators! (Read 54,698 times)

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Feb 02, 2019, 07:16:09 AM
But that is an effect :P

Have weta actually ever done a prop? We're not going full Digi Pred are we. Sacrilege.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Highland on Feb 02, 2019, 09:22:21 PM
Quote from: SiL on Feb 02, 2019, 07:16:09 AM
But that is an effect :P

Have weta actually ever done a prop? We're not going full Digi Pred are we. Sacrilege.

A prop?

The entirety of LOTR?

SiL

Literally all of the prosthetics, weapons, armour, suits, etc. They made a driveable Warthog for Blomkamp's ditched Halo movie. There are ten foot tall hyper realistic sculptures of WWI vets in Wellington's museum that they painstakingly made.

... yeah, they've done some props!

The Old One

The Old One

LOL :D

Highland

I knew they did LOTR, I just didn't realise it was the whole shebang. I thought the only did the CGI. My bad!

SiL

Weta Digital is a separate branch. Weta does practical stuff.

Corporal Hicks

WETA Digital's work is phenomenal too. Those Prawns are realistic as hell.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 03, 2019, 06:16:28 PM
WETA Digital's work is phenomenal too. Those Prawns are realistic as hell.

Prawns, you say?  :D

ace3g

Has this been posted before?

Voodoo Magic

The CRABATOR !

AhabPredator

Quote from: ace3g on Feb 03, 2019, 07:28:47 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtYxmWdHrIS/

That hardly looks like predator. What in the name of yautja tit milk were they thinking?    ???

Samhain13

Maybe during the shots the Emissaries looked better. I still think Scar is worse, face wise.

SiL

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 03, 2019, 07:57:45 PM
Quote from: ace3g on Feb 03, 2019, 07:28:47 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtYxmWdHrIS/

That hardly looks like predator. What in the name of yautja tit milk were they thinking?    ???
They wanted to show some diversification.

Samhain13

Wonder why they didn't consider to do the same for the masks. They simply gave the emissaries the same helmet the Fugitive had.

It was kind of the opposite AVP did, AVP made new masks but gave all predators pretty much the same body. The Predator: same mask, different coloring/faces and armor.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 03, 2019, 10:21:19 PM
Wonder why they didn't consider to do the same for the masks. They simply gave the emissaries the same helmet the Fugitive had.

It was kind of the opposite AVP did, AVP made new masks but gave all predators pretty much the same body. The Predator: same mask, different coloring/faces and armor.

I assume so that we could have the "good vs bad" predator design. but even that goes out the window when you consider that the upgrade uses the same style of armor equipment that Fugitive does, save how his wrist mounted plasmacaster.

But also... HOW THE HELL does the Upgrade use thermal vision modes without a mask? Only logical thing I can figure: Black and Decker legitimately forgot/don't know that Predators use biomasks for vision modes or he wears an ocular implant. That's all I've got.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed