Full Prometheus Credits List Reveals Spoilers

Started by RoaryUK, May 01, 2012, 01:48:17 PM

Author
Full Prometheus Credits List Reveals Spoilers (Read 27,215 times)

The PredBen

Spoiler
Well, three engineers, I figured as much. Though it sounds like two of them won't have much screen time.
[close]
This is going to be a very good film.

Federick Gonsa

WOW... That credits list has me thinking that despite all the trailers, interviews, and reports, I still have no damn idea what this movie is about... The whole deal with the engineers and their names, the number of un-named mercenaries and mechanics, just threw me off completely...

Kev Loaf

Spoiler
Sacrifice Engineer
[close]
WTF?!  :o

OpenMaw

Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 02, 2012, 08:47:18 AM

"Uncivilized behavior" indeed. :)

Kev Loaf

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 02, 2012, 09:05:41 AM

I assume is connected to that Giger drawing about the life cycle?

Eva

If there is any reference to the Engineer ship eventually ending up on LV-426 for The Nostromo to stumble upon, I expect that scenario to be suggested in the hologram montage David is watching. The Sacrifice Engineer taking off in that ship to quarantine a very dangerous cargo on a remote, barren world and issuing a warning beacon as his last act.

A direct reference to the derelict as part of the ongoing plot in Prometheus, would imo be waaayyy to convoluted (and against anything Riddles and Damon has stated on the subject)

robbritton

What's the betting the Alien theme plays over the end credits?

escroto

Quote from: Eva on May 02, 2012, 09:14:34 AM
If there is any reference to the Engineer ship eventually ending up on LV-426 for The Nostromo to stumble upon, I expect that scenario to be suggested in the hologram montage David is watching. The Sacrifice Engineer taking off in that ship to quarantine a very dangerous cargo on a remote, barren world and issuing a warning beacon as his last act.

A direct reference to the derelict as part of the ongoing plot in Prometheus, would imo be waaayyy to convoluted (and against anything Riddles and Damon has stated on the subject)
and what If the eggs were already stored there in the Acheron moon?, there's still the possibility that the Derelict wasn't transporting the eggs, and that the chamber underneath the dead jockey was a cave were they had It in store.

I sincerely can't see how the Derelict can have such a huge underneath chamber bellow the pilots room. Also, we have to remember that the Derelict was parked..., so?, what the hell was that jockey doing there?, creating those eggs somehow?

Kev Loaf

Quote from: escroto on May 02, 2012, 11:50:58 AM

and what If the eggs were already stored there in the Acheron moon?, there's still the possibility that the Derelict wasn't transporting the eggs, and that the chamber underneath the dead jockey was a cave were they had It in store.

I sincerely can't see how the Derelict can have such a huge underneath chamber bellow the pilots room. Also, we have to remember that the Derelict was parked..., so?, what the hell was that jockey doing there?, creating those eggs somehow?

As Eva said, its possible that the sacrafise engineer after being infected flew to an isolated planet and then parked the ship before being killed by the chest burster. The chest burster then grew and eventually laid the eggs before dying itself.

NGR01

I think that there was talks to say that there was a structure beneath the ship (much like there is a temple over the ship in Prometheus) but it was scrapped and ever since Scott always the derelict was a bomber and its cargo bioweapons.

escroto

escroto

Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 02, 2012, 12:29:54 PM

As Eva said, its possible that the sacrafise engineer after being infected flew to an isolated planet and then parked the ship before being killed by the chest burster. The chest burster then grew and eventually laid the eggs before dying itself.
That makes no sense. First because for now there are no eggs in lv-223 to get infected from, and second because If that engineer would have got infected right there in the temple, then I guess he should have had some aid from his mates and removed the alien inside. If this last not, then they could have very well killed the alien emerging from him, or just killing the engineer directly. Jockeys should have plenty of tools for doing such things.

I'm starting to think the jockey dead on the Acheron moon went rogue or something and fled with something belonging to the temple. No way he got infected while having his team mates at his side.

He arrived at the Acheron and then got infected there imo.

Still think the egg chamber was in fact a cave, and the now dead jockey was loading them onboard the Derelict.. Then something went wrong with the stasis fields in the cave and the mess started. I mean, If you pay attention to the image when Kane descends into the cave, then you can see how ALL the eggs in It are already opened and lying down on the floor but those of course under the last remaining stasis field. The jockey dude in the derelict had to deal with thousands of facehuggers I'd say, not just one.

OpenMaw

Quote from: escroto on May 02, 2012, 01:11:24 PM
That makes no sense. First because for now there are no eggs in lv-223 to get infected from, and second because If that engineer would have got infected right there in the temple, then I guess he should have had some aid from his mates and removed the alien inside. If this last not, then they could have very well killed the alien emerging from him, or just killing the engineer directly. Jockeys should have plenty of tools for doing such things.

If I may, it's possible the Engineer in Alien could have taken all the eggs to LV-426 as a safey precaution. Hence why none exist on LV223.

However, I think "Sacrifice Engineer" is probably going to be unrelated to that in any manner. More then likely we're dealing with a test subject for an experiment that goes wrong. Likely seen by David in the flashback.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 02, 2012, 09:10:28 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on May 02, 2012, 09:05:41 AM

I assume is connected to that Giger drawing about the life cycle?

I spoilered this whole thing because it does talk about the main controversial point:
Spoiler
I've been thinking about exactly that for the longest time - that the life cycle will surely be included (as Scott's vision doesn't veer off to far from Giger's drawings). That is to say, I am fairly sure that this life cycle will play a large part in the film. Nevertheless - it is difficult to completely understand Giger's work in that we don't know if this is a life cycle, like with a parasite, or if it is like a route to a final metamorphosis, wherein the final form is merely a weapon. What is more - the engineer being "sacrificed" shows no sign of anything popping out of its chest, plus we do not know where either the first or second eggs come from. Plus, what are we to make of the human-mech that outlines the top of the work? Does it infect or does it point to a perfect form? My personal opinion is that Ridley used this as a starting point for his ideas on creation and human origin, and morphed it perhaps somewhat, (or not at all) to suit what he believes the purpose of these engineers to be.
[close]

I think many people who have been following what exactly has been going on with the film would agree. It is quite obvious that this is impossible.
As Scott said, and I add, only "keen fans" will be able to spot the similarities between Prometheus and Alien. If the Juggernaut is in fact the Derelicht - then you don't need to be a keen fan to make the association. That, and we see the Juggernaut crash back down onto LV 223.

psychonaut25

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 02, 2012, 01:38:23 PM
Quote from: escroto on May 02, 2012, 01:11:24 PM

If I may, it's possible the Engineer in Alien could have taken all the eggs to LV-426 as a safey precaution. Hence why none exist on LV223.

However, I think "Sacrifice Engineer" is probably going to be unrelated to that in any manner. More then likely we're dealing with a test subject for an experiment that goes wrong. Likely seen by David in the flashback.

The sacrifice engineer is I think that one we have seen many times in Alien. Therefore sacrifice. He sacrifices himself to protect cargo (alien eggs) for whoever wil find them. Maybe Aliens are that precious for Jockeys.

OpenMaw

Quote from: psychonaut25 on May 02, 2012, 02:52:06 PM
The sacrifice engineer is I think that one we have seen many times in Alien. Therefore sacrifice. He sacrifices himself to protect cargo (alien eggs) for whoever wil find them. Maybe Aliens are that precious for Jockeys.

But as we've been told repeatedly, this movie will not directly connect to Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed