The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 16, 2018, 12:30:59 PM

Author
The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread (Read 134,735 times)

Huggs

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Some more hybrid artwork, this time from Ben Mauro!

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

My god; some of these designs are a cross between ALIEN-Resurrection and the (unmade) Jurassic Park-4 (human dino hybrid) tier crap.

It's not that I wasn't happy with the final film, but too much effort went into trying to make PREDATOR "better". The cliché is true, if it isn't broke don't try to fix it. Just causes more problems and drains, time, money and resources that could've been allocated elsewhere.

The original creature design from PREDATOR (1987) to AVP-R (2008) (Wolf) was spot on, heck even Alec Gillis said, rival make-up studio, KNB EFX did a great job on PREDATORS (2010). Very noble they were professional in losing the contract to a more cost cutting studio.

Urgh these designs are shit and generic. Sorry. Would be ok as stock for a videogame, but a live-action movie?

EDIT. Also the last design has a very "PREDALIEN" look about it. Despite being vague, I really get the impression from the last AVP-GALAXY podcast that Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff want to do an AVP3 as they hinted they are the "AVP-Prequel" that happens before ALIEN whereas "Ridley's vision/version of events" suggest a split canon.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Sad fan on Nov 29, 2018, 01:04:55 AM
Why do you keep posting stuff related to this new predator shit movie?

Just because it's not well liked, doesn't mean people aren't interested in the behind-the-scenes. You might not be, that's fine but don't begrudge those that do.

Some more Predator Killer concepts >>

QuoteThis was one sketch done for Shane Black's The Predator (2018) for the Predator Killer suit. Had a couple weeks to do quick sketches for the project. Other shops handled the design as well, really cool stuff. This was a dream project that I got to work on briefly in the beginning and once again at the end of production. More to come!

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/aRGeW9

Will keep an eye out and do a news post when he posts some more.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, I didn't like the dog design, nor the monkey, but... is it wrong that I actually like this one?

(takes cover)

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 29, 2018, 02:11:07 PM
Some more Predator Killer concepts >>

QuoteThis was one sketch done for Shane Black's The Predator (2018) for the Predator Killer suit. Had a couple weeks to do quick sketches for the project. Other shops handled the design as well, really cool stuff. This was a dream project that I got to work on briefly in the beginning and once again at the end of production. More to come!

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/aRGeW9

Will keep an eye out and do a news post when he posts some more.

Hmm.  Pretty cool!  I actually would like that as a heavy duty, severe climate suit for a Predator, rather than a human.

XenoHunter99

I like the Kyle Brown suit. I think the Sekeris monkey designs needs thicker, more muscular limbs.

razeak

Can anyone make a DNA hybridization feature that isn't terrible? I'm not convinced. Like Hicks says below though, the process is indeed interesting.

Corporal Hicks

D88M

D88M

Is insane to think we could have get even a worse movie than what we got. So many awful stuff all the way through the entire production of this movie.

XenoHunter99

The Tom Wood sculpt looks great! Very powerful. All these designs have potential. I'm sure these guys were under the gun to get done in a hurry, too. Kudos for all that.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: D88M on Nov 29, 2018, 09:32:50 PM
Is insane to think we could have get even a worse movie than what we got. So many awful stuff all the way through the entire production of this movie.

Yeah brother, it really looks like Fox backtracked this movie from being maybe a franchise killer to a not great, but still watchable (imo) Predator movie.

HashTag_TheSwag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_8QaWWzL3k
Well there it is. It's official now, Goro Predator  is canon you guys  ;D 

Huggs

That hybrid looks like something from Halo.

The armored predator reminds me of Smoke from MK.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed