Arnold talks about The Predator

Started by The Wolverine Predator, Apr 05, 2017, 09:50:01 PM

Author
Arnold talks about The Predator (Read 70,578 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah i was about to say that, it's kind of a lazy way to create a new story.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 07, 2018, 08:50:12 PM
That kind of continuity is lame and uninspired.

In any franchise, if I wanted that kind of predictability I'd watch soaps.

And here's his second cousin Vinny Schaefer, he was in the mob in New Joihsee.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on Aug 07, 2018, 09:27:24 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Aug 07, 2018, 08:50:12 PM
That kind of continuity is lame and uninspired.

In any franchise, if I wanted that kind of predictability I'd watch soaps.

And here's his second cousin Vinny Schaefer, he was in the mob in New Joihsee.

Don't forget Patty o' Schaefer, the Irish uncle.

"Ya mean ta tal me, you throw on a beet of mud, and it can't fookin' se yeh? What the shite koyned of alien was this Dutch? You sound like a stook all hopped up on the funny flour. Now give me a snog on the noodle, and let's go on the lash."

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 07, 2018, 09:02:32 PM
Yeah i was about to say that, it's kind of a lazy way to create a new story.

Yes, agreed.  I'd rather see an entirely different cast of characters introduced then have it become some sort of bloodline thing.  Not to say that it doesn't work to some extent (as is the case in this upcoming film), but having it be a direct descendant of one of the mains would be over-reaching.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 07, 2018, 11:55:54 PMDon't forget Patty o' Schaefer, the Irish uncle.

The Old One

The Old One

So that's where Dutch gets his charm eh?

Corporal Hicks

The Predator's Shane Black totally understood Arnold Schwarzenegger turning movie down

QuoteLast year, Arnie revealed that he turned down the chance to star in the sequel and hinted that it would have just been a cameo. Black confirmed to Digital Spy that it wouldn't have been a substantial role because of the direction of the movie.

"The studio wanted a fresher movie that featured an evolving cast. They didn't want to hinge the movie on the re-emergence of Schwarzenegger," he recalled. "It would probably be more of a matter of his showing up briefly and just participating at the very end, at the climax of the movie."

Black noted that even when he was going to ask Arnie about appearing in The Predator, he expected him to say no as it's what he'd do in his position.

"Understandably – and believe me, I completely get it – he said, 'Look, that's kind of a small part, and I don't really think I want to do that. I'm off to do Terminator with Jim Cameron, basically. Or for Jim Cameron'," he explained.

"So I totally got it, you know? If I was Schwarzenegger, I'd want to be one of the stars of a film, or nothing."

Black isn't ruling out Arnie reprising the role of Dutch if The Predator gets a sequel as he noted that they have left it "completely open". "I even said to him, 'If you're in this one, we would open it up for the sequel, because now you're back in the franchise'," he added.

"So you know, if there's another movie, there's no reason why he couldn't be either in it, or the star of it, or whatever someone decides at a future date."

Jeanjean

Jeanjean

It would have been nice to have a cameo. Like Hercules, I'm DISAPPOINTED !

broken glass

broken glass

I want to see this film succeed because it'll ignite interest for an additional instalment, however this film is been given a massive release 1200 more theatres then the pervious entry Predators across Canada and America including Imax as well as 3D internationally.

When Alien Covenant was released I tried to persuade friends to watch the film in the theatres but they only asked one question, is Sigourney Weaver back as Ripley ? they didn't want to know anymore about it.

Not including Schwarzenegger is a terrible terrible mistake, and should this film fail or break even his involvement could have saved the day.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed