The Cinemacon Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2018, 03:37:39 PM

Author
The Cinemacon Thread (Read 73,316 times)

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

There is no reason to talk about anything else. Its super boring! Still no trailer for a movie from 2017, oh. . my bad. . reshoots from March 2018 delay everything, lets focus on that? No, as I said. . its boring like a hell, there is not much room for building up any hype there. My friends still dont know that there is any Predator film on the way, perhaps that I should rather tell them about it. . my little words are be the only >real< marketing.   ::)

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Got to be honest , half expected a trailer last night , don't know why but I think it's because it was a Friday , and it's now a week or so since cinemacon !!! Frustration has now become complete boredom.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 06, 2018, 06:49:32 PM
Got to be honest , half expected a trailer last night , don't know why but I think it's because it was a Friday , and it's now a week or so since cinemacon !!! Frustration has now become complete boredom.

It'll get here eventually. I've decided to basically forget about it until the day comes when the trailer is out and being discussed on here. It could very well be one of those situations where everybody gets super excited for the trailer, only to be let down by what they see.

Quote from: Petr Švancara on May 06, 2018, 02:48:18 PM
There is no reason to talk about anything else. Its super boring!

It's just a casual weapons observation man.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 06, 2018, 06:49:32 PM
Really don't expect it before DP2 since it is a hard R film which The Predator would also be. Marketing wise it'd been smart to attach it to Infinity War. But seen that film is more family friendly, so that window has passed.

DP2 is just a little more than a week away, and while I'm curious, I am also patient.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

All the informations about this film made me angry like no other film before in my entire life, its because how I love Predator so much like nothing else. I still wants to see it, Im honestly very interested in it, but I also already lost all my tiny "human" hopes. There is absolutely nothing, nothing that made me say - hurray! Im excited, seriously nothing. Im just glad that "they" are working on a new Predator film, thats all. But I strongly believe that there would be only a few good scenes (trailer full of them, lol) and thats not enough, not for me. An event movie right? Pretty good joke.

Kokot

Kokot

so, we can expect trailer at the end of May or early June....damn. Also, its strange that they didnt release any promo stills

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

I've just finished reading the whole thread.

To be frank, this movie, no matter how different it sounds to the original, sounds fun!

Doesn't matter how I loved the original, how it sculpted my love for monster movies and as a grown up I still feel childish glamour when I find an unseen concept art about it.

It's the past, and I have to accept it. Almost all movies including preds used (or mixed) the same formula. Did it work? I wouldn't say so. But they had great potential, as I see, so it all comes down to implementation.

What I have read so far doesn't sound that much like earlier predator movies. Can I say the movie will s**k hurr durr? Yes, I can. Will it change a thing? Nope.

Only the finished product will. Until watching it I use my imagination and hope for the best.

Not provoking anyone, just seeing so many bitter and yes, sad posts, I had to share this.

Be positive, people! Peace :)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Petr Švancara on May 06, 2018, 11:27:32 PM
All the informations about this film made me angry like no other film before in my entire life, its because how I love Predator so much like nothing else. I still wants to see it, Im honestly very interested in it, but I also already lost all my tiny "human" hopes. There is absolutely nothing, nothing that made me say - hurray! Im excited, seriously nothing. Im just glad that "they" are working on a new Predator film, thats all. But I strongly believe that there would be only a few good scenes (trailer full of them, lol) and thats not enough, not for me. An event movie right? Pretty good joke.
What irritates me most is that writers seem hell bent on improving the creature by making it more generic.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

skull-splitter - I agree, what can you say when you have such a >talented< people behind all of this? Obviously, they want to create a bigger picture behind our favourite movie creature in such a silly way that I cant even imagine. From the moment when I see that pictures with them on APC, me and my wife. . we give up totally! How can you like the movie when someone came with such a junk idea? "Lets wear them in human pants and give them military armor, it would be cool" hell, I want to kick someone in the nuts, someone who created this idea. And you know thats not everything, right? As I said previously, the only thing that I will take from this movie would be a couple of scenes with Predators in action, I dont hope for anything beyond that. The whole DNA mixing aspect? I hope that it is relevant only for the rogue clan or something, and not for the Predators as a whole, Jesus. . another hope? lol, so I expect that this film would be a total disaster for the entire franchise. They try to change too much, and they (same as us) will pay for that, believe me. Be positive? Like really? Lets wait for the trailer, huh? Iv never heard about any other movie that has such a huge amount of bad, crazy, silly, perverse and over the top ideas like this, maybe that I should rather watch some sort of C+ movies just to get used to. And btw, anyone can jump across all that crazy stuff just in order to create good trailer, of course that Director will use mostly the warrant stuff for it. They know about our opinions.   

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Oh I am willing to try. Moreso than Jurassic World 2, which the first part killed my enthousiasm for.

But I'm just expecting it to be a nail in the coffin of the creature I fell in love with, tribal, unique, detailed, mysterious and exotic. Only to reveil a generic film creature that lost a lot of it's identity.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: Petr Švancara on May 07, 2018, 09:21:13 AM
skull-splitter - I agree, what can you say when you have such a >talented< people behind all of this? Obviously, they want to create a bigger picture behind our favourite movie creature in such a silly way that I cant even imagine. From the moment when I see that pictures with them on APC, me and my wife. . we give up totally! How can you like the movie when someone came with such a junk idea? "Lets wear them in human pants and give them military armor, it would be cool" hell, I want to kick someone in the nuts, someone who created this idea. And you know thats not everything, right? As I said previously, the only thing that I will take from this movie would be a couple of scenes with Predators in action, I dont hope for anything beyond that. The whole DNA mixing aspect? I hope that it is relevant only for the rogue clan or something, and not for the Predators as a whole, Jesus. . another hope? lol, so I expect that this film would be a total disaster for the entire franchise. They try to change too much, and they (same as us) will pay for that, believe me. Be positive? Like really? Lets wait for the trailer, huh? Iv never heard about any other movie that has such a huge amount of bad, crazy, silly, perverse and over the top ideas like this, maybe that I should rather watch some sort of C+ movies just to get used to. And btw, anyone can jump across all that crazy stuff just in order to create good trailer, of course that Director will use mostly the warrant stuff for it. They know about our opinions.

I have my anxieties about all the topics you mention. And I'm sure I know much less than you (for I didn't read the script, also avoided many spoilers)

Still, I'm saying it's better to be positive and have hope. I don't mean that convince yourself that the movie will be good, but give it the chance to prove itself. Because if you will watch it with so many preliminary bad feelings, it's kinf of a guarantee that you'll just hate it.

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 07, 2018, 10:03:42 AM
Oh I am willing to try. Moreso than Jurassic World 2, which the first part killed my enthousiasm for.

But I'm just expecting it to be a nail in the coffin of the creature I fell in love with, tribal, unique, detailed, mysterious and exotic. Only to reveil a generic film creature that lost a lot of it's identity.

Yea, I'm afraid too. But not about the creature itself, for they can't take that away, we have it as it is already. And if nothing else, we can just discuss about it with other fans.

Also, each and everyone decides what they accept or not, then everything's up to discussion.

I'm rather afraid that the movie will bomb and then it might be that no other predator movie will be made for a decade or so again, stopping any improvement.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Thanks to huggs and skull splitter for trying to cheer me up , don't know why I thought it would drop on Friday, just sort of made sense to me , but yeah deadpool 2 seems to be the slot now , I'm also very worried that this film will take away predators identity. Iv said this from the very beginning, anyone who truly understands the character, knows there's an element of mysteriousness to the predator , if you take that away you are going to far Imo , some things just shouldn't be touched , I don't mind filling a back story in sure , but there's legit ways of doing it that are cool , and then there is this. It sounds so generic and god awful , even the movie plot sounds complete B movie. The humanisation of predator will prove to be the movies biggest mistake. They are supposed to be technically more advanced than we are , so why would they choose to use human weapons and where our clothes ? None of it adds up.

Wear***

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Really don't mind B movie. Do mind the typical stuff mentioned and seen how Iron Man 3 mostly focussed on PTSD (and correctly so) while simultaniously murdering the Mandarin into a hollow villain. Which can be retconned, but still.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

huntin8-t0n - I know, and I understand you. Believe me, Im giving that film its chance, but still. . there are way too much to accept for me as a fan. Too much to accept for any true fan. I want to see it no matter what, its still Predator film, you know. But I have my own results from it already, results that not even the trailer can change that much. I just dont have that faith as you have, how can I have any faith after all this info? You dont know that much in the terms of spoilers? Honestly, man. . its good for you. . but then prepare for a shock. It can happen, I just warn you buddy. I dont want to be negative, but what can I do with my feelings?

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

skull-splitter - Exactly, as you said. Iron man 3 is not a bad film itself, but when you are a fan and know about Mandarin from comics? Its totally different for you, and its disgusting (same as Predators in pants) and what about our friend Fred Dekker? He already ruined the Robocop franchise. And as ELDERCLANLEADER said here before, he (Dekker) personaly dont like the original Predator that much or something. So in this case, for me its 1+1=2 as I said, I really dont want to be fully negative, but on the other hand. . how can I be positive. Its impossible for me, sorry guys, I just feel that in this way. :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed