Every Grapple Kill animation

Started by PAS Spinelli, Sep 07, 2021, 10:33:37 PM

Author
Every Grapple Kill animation (Read 1,811 times)

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyXKurH4d60&ab_channel=PASISpinelli

Prowler, Drone, Warrior and Hugger kill anims, Praetorian seems to be the same as Warrior so I didn't include her
Stalker not included for now

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 07, 2021, 10:33:37 PM

Prowler, Drone, Warrior and Hugger kill anims, Praetorian seems to be the same as Warrior so I didn't include her

Too bad the Xenos are too weak and the marines are too super human for this to happen faster and as often as it should.

Anyways, cool video.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Sep 08, 2021, 12:59:50 AM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 07, 2021, 10:33:37 PM

Too bad the Xenos are too weak and the marines are too super human for this to happen faster and as often as it should.

Anyways, cool video.
uhh, have you watched Aliens? The movie where Hicks pushes a Warrior off with his shotgun, Vazques kicks one in the face, and Ripley is able to hold a hugger away from her face for a lot of time? Or how about the character in your profile pic, the one that wrestled a Runner for a considerable amount of time

tralaritralara

^Ah yes, you must be talking about plot armor, specially the one about Dilon which served for Ripley to get out of the pit for then Morse throw the lead.

And Vasquez for then have that cool scene blowing up with Gorman

And Hicks who needed to be one of the survivors

And Ripley resisting the facehugging just because it is the heroine..., etc

Aliens was a wonderful movie and one of the best sequels I've ever watched, like Terminator2 was as well, but sadly did too much damage on the creature itself, something alien3 managed to "fix" somehow with the exception of Dilon's fight, which again was obvious extra seconds of plot armor until Ripley gets out.

On the video. Just very few grapple kills this game has right?, I expected more with so many classes of aliens

SiL

SiL

Hicks has the shotgun in its mouth, Vasquez shoots the Alien first and has leverage in a tight space (and then continues shooting the Alien in the head point blank immediately) and the facehugger would've beat Ripley if others hadn't helped.

People misrepresenting Aliens to make it seem worse than it is never not in vogue it seems.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

When criticisizing "Aliens" for weakening the beast, I find it most ironic that some repeatedly ignore 1979 "Alien" for context, that the Nostromo crew was just a bunch of unarmed blue-collar workers... to Ripley being able to penetrate the Alien's hide with a small grappling hook.

Drukathi

Drukathi

True.

Aliens never were a doom's day death machines. They are like slasher maniacs, but beasts. Alien can easily kill you due sudden attack, high speed and silence, but if you notice it first and you have a weapon - well: Game over, alien, GAME OVER!

Maybe elephant-size queen can rip an android and a man apart, but a classic alien - not powerful, than wrestling star.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Drukathi on Sep 08, 2021, 01:38:33 PM
True.

Aliens never were a doom's day death machines. They are like slasher maniacs, but beasts. Alien can easily kill you due sudden attack, high speed and silence, but if you notice it first and you have a weapon - well: Game over, alien, GAME OVER!

Maybe elephant-size queen can rip an android and a man apart, but a classic alien - not powerful, than wrestling star.
Xenos are way stronger than a wrestler ;) Heck even weyland yutani book says a xeno can crush a humans skull with its bare hands and dont forget we can see them in the movies break down armoured doors. But yes they arent super killing machines like you say.

Sil is right too: Vazques shot the xeno in one of the weakspots in the head and it fell down injured where she could use a easy martial art trick to pin its head into the wall and as it was already injured it didnt resist and died soon after.

The runner was like an animal just toying with several of the humans in the movie and dillon too while when it was angry and wanted to kill one, it did ina  second and lift humans with ease. :P But in the end its a opinion as we dont exactly have data on it besides what the books says and we see them do at times, although in the movies it depends on the plot what will happen.

But I point to my post in another thread where the issue with why xenos in the game are killed in the thousands and is at times weaker than they should be, in short: its a arcade shoter and a horde shoter :)

tralaritralara

Wrestling an alien like in this game and avp2010 isn't good stuff, even if the AI was as epic as it was in that game. My two cents.

I have played it first time today in a friend's house. Nice fun, but those runners...

The game will also need a lot of DLC soon as it gets repetitive. The drone card, whatever is the name is a very good idea btw.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 08, 2021, 12:56:35 PM
to Ripley being able to penetrate the Alien's hide with a small grappling hook.
People forget the thing bleeds acid specifically because they didn't want it to be bullet proof.

SpreadEagleBeagle

To anyone bringing up the grappling harpoon gun in ALIEN as some kind of proof that Xenos are weak and easy to take down: Yeah, the grappling harpoon lodges itself between its ribs, and although there's is what looks like a light spray of acid blood coming out once it's hit, we see no more blood coming out after the initial hit (...so one could therefore argue that the harpoon only "scratched" the Xeno as it hit and  literally lodged itself in the rib structure, rather than actually penetrating it Xenomorph. Remember, the harpoon has grapplers that unfold once it hits and the Xeno has an accentuated, protruding, open rib structure, so the harpoon lodging itself without truly penetrating its chitin is not as much of a fluke as it seems. If the harpoon had indeed truly penetrated and wounded the Xeno, the wound would have been large and messy, gushing blood, due to the prongs/grapplers and large entry hole, and we would've seen lots of bleeding...).

In fact, the Xeno seems completely unphased by the harpoon other than the obvious fact that it's attached to its wire. In fact, the Xeno makes its way back to the shuttle after Ripley closes the door and then survives a looong spaceship jet blast, which has seemingly no effect on it either other than it being pushed away from the shuttle, propelling it into space. So according to that scene flamethrowers, incendiary weapons, plasma and the blast of an explosion (not counting the shrapnel of course) should have limited to no effect on Xenomorphs. Actually, the Runner's lead bath also confirms its resistance towards immense heat, fire and pressure.

Back to the harpoon: Also, had it truly punched through the Xeno's carapace/hide, the acid blood would've corroded the harpoon (and the wire) quickly, having it snap and break, and the Xeno would've been released in no time. To it seems more likely that the harpoon lodged itself inside the outer intricacy of the Xenomorph's exoskeletal rib structure as the prongs/grapplers sprung right after impact. The initial tiny blood spray we see comes from scratching the outer layer/membrane covering the creature.

Anyways, that's been my interpretation since the first time I watched ALIEN.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Wrong. Adult xenos doesn't have acid blood, only facehuggers have it. Cameron misunderstanding things and screw up the universe.

razeak

razeak

Quote from: SiL on Sep 08, 2021, 12:20:52 PM
Hicks has the shotgun in its mouth, Vasquez shoots the Alien first and has leverage in a tight space (and then continues shooting the Alien in the head point blank immediately) and the facehugger would've beat Ripley if others hadn't helped.

People misrepresenting Aliens to make it seem worse than it is never not in vogue it seems.

Agree on those points. Its probable the xeno even pulled back some when probably for the first time in its life, someone shoved steel barrel in it's mouth lol.

Vasquez did indeed have leverage in a tight space and I always looked at that scene as the alien didn't have a good purchase yet. I do think it still looks a bit weaker there, but it was wounded and she had incredible mechanical advantage for 2 seconds.

Maybe I need to rewatch the Dillon scene. I thought he was talking shit while being mauled until he couldn't take the pain any more.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Man can y'all stop hijacking AFTE threads to change the topic to nitpicks about how the alien isn't invincible

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Drukathi on Sep 11, 2021, 06:25:53 PM
Wrong. Adult xenos doesn't have acid blood, only facehuggers have it. Cameron misunderstanding things and screw up the universe.

The adult was intended to have acid blood in the original film...

There was even a scene that would have had the adult injured and the blood damages everything causing a decompression in the airlock. They were just not able to film it with the limitations of the suit as far as I remember.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed