Katherine Waterston Talks Being Chased By "Enormous Aliens" in Alien: Covenant

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 15, 2016, 09:46:42 AM

Author
Katherine Waterston Talks Being Chased By "Enormous Aliens" in Alien: Covenant (Read 10,968 times)

NickisSmart

Guys, remember what Parker said: "He's like a man, he's big!" So, enormous compared to what, the "little green men" imagery traditionally associated with aliens, or the Greys from Close Encounters or X-COM (DOS version)? The enormous isn't enough to say that the aliens will be bigger than the original was unless we're given an example and something to compare it to. Just think of Richard Dreyfuss' character trying to take a picture of the shark with some other object in the frame to give the viewers an idea of its size.

windebieste

For sure.  The Alien measures at around 8 foot tall - considerably bigger than the average man, actually. 

I'd say, that's kind of 'enormous' by any use of the word. lol. 

-Windebieste.

SamuelDL

SamuelDL

It is not very revealing. The best thing is the confirmation, once again, that everything they have been able to do with practical effects, they have done so.

NickisSmart

I love your profile pic, SamuelDL. :)

SamuelDL

Quote from: NickisSmart on Nov 17, 2016, 12:27:29 AM
I love your profile pic, SamuelDL. :)

Very thankful! You have my sympathies, NickisSmart. ;D

XENOMORPHOSIS

curious yep skeptic howl the'll handle tension and the dread of being chased by a monster, here's a snippet of this years Blair Witch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8o0NcGUEwk an imperfect film but has its creepy moments, interesting fact this film stars Callie Hernandez who's also in Alien Covenant

whiterabbit

Quote from: NickisSmart on Nov 16, 2016, 10:56:18 PM
Guys, remember what Parker said: "He's like a man, he's big!" So, enormous compared to what, the "little green men" imagery traditionally associated with aliens, or the Greys from Close Encounters or X-COM (DOS version)? The enormous isn't enough to say that the aliens will be bigger than the original was unless we're given an example and something to compare it to. Just think of Richard Dreyfuss' character trying to take a picture of the shark with some other object in the frame to give the viewers an idea of its size.
Well least to mention that they thought they were looking for a snake sized alien. So when she says huge I think that's exactly what she means. At least 10 feet tall. :P

Corporal Hicks

Nothing mega -

Quote"Fantastic Beasts" isn't the only major project Waterston is involved in these days. After joining the Harry Potter universe, she made the jump to another beloved franchise with a starring role in Ridley Scott's "Alien: Covenant," which opens next summer.

"It just worked out like this that I ended up in these two preexisting worlds back to back," Waterston said. "I felt challenged and stretched in very different directions, and that's the hope and the dream. It was a very stimulating, interesting, and exhausting year."

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/11/fantastic-beasts-and-where-to-find-them-katherine-waterston-interview-1201747253/

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 21, 2016, 05:13:08 PM
Nothing mega -

Quote"Fantastic Beasts" isn't the only major project Waterston is involved in these days. After joining the Harry Potter universe, she made the jump to another beloved franchise with a starring role in Ridley Scott's "Alien: Covenant," which opens next summer.

"It just worked out like this that I ended up in these two preexisting worlds back to back," Waterston said. "I felt challenged and stretched in very different directions, and that's the hope and the dream. It was a very stimulating, interesting, and exhausting year."

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/11/fantastic-beasts-and-where-to-find-them-katherine-waterston-interview-1201747253/

You weren't kidding when you said news would be in drips, and drabs. :laugh:

Infected

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed