Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 774,625 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 14, 2022, 06:20:20 PMBullet Train

Brad Pitt's character felt like Floyd from True Romance became a career criminal. :laugh:

Well now I absolutely have to see this...

Iron Man 3

Dare I say it... My favourite Iron Man movie? And tbh I'm not sure it's even that close. The villains are fantastic - Kingsley is predictably ace but Pearce also excels despite his limited screentime - and given that I'm in no way a comic book fan, I actually enjoyed the complete rug-pull they did with the Mandarin. The final act is a little-by-the-numbers but the first two have some wonderful stuff in them.

Agent Carter

After a shaky start, these one-shots are getting really quite decent. It's pure fan service, but it's very entertaining fan service. Assuming this is what got Atwell a series?

Cocolyte

Cocolyte

The Devil Wears Prada

Interesting movie about sacrificing your values and identity in the pursuit of success. Didn't expect to get much out of it, but I quite enjoyed the concepts presented.

Stitch

Stitch

Moloch on Shudder

Pretty good bit of horror. Well acted, and realistic enough to be creepy.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Alien Covenant.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 15, 2022, 08:23:42 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 14, 2022, 06:20:20 PMBullet Train

Brad Pitt's character felt like Floyd from True Romance became a career criminal. :laugh:

Well now I absolutely have to see this...

Iron Man 3

Dare I say it... My favourite Iron Man movie? And tbh I'm not sure it's even that close. The villains are fantastic - Kingsley is predictably ace but Pearce also excels despite his limited screentime - and given that I'm in no way a comic book fan, I actually enjoyed the complete rug-pull they did with the Mandarin. The final act is a little-by-the-numbers but the first two have some wonderful stuff in them.

Agent Carter

After a shaky start, these one-shots are getting really quite decent. It's pure fan service, but it's very entertaining fan service. Assuming this is what got Atwell a series?

The Agent Carter show sort of remakes/retcons the short film. It was pretty decent but ABC cancelled it mid season two and burned off the episodes quickly by airing two every week.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'm hoping to get around to it before my Disney+ subscription runs out in a few weeks.

Tbh I'm enjoying working my way through the Marvel stuff more than I expected to, so I might even consider keeping it for another month to finish everything. Obviously there's a bunch of series later on that are gonna take a bit of time to get through.

Thor: The Dark World

Much like the first Thor, this felt like it really should've been a hell of a lot more memorable than it was. Hiddleston was absolutely on point once again as Loki and there was some fun moments in the portal-hopping final battle, but for the most part this was just thoroughly mediocre.

All Hail the King

Absolutely brilliant. Far and away the best of these shorts thus far, and probably the only one I'd call essential viewing. Kingsley was amazing, and the Justin Hammer cameo had me roaring.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

This is a fantastic movie, right up until the moment it resolves absolutely nothing about it's titular character and then just stops in the middle of a scene. It drove me mad the first time I saw it and it still bugged me this second time around, but ultimately it doesn't charge the fact that on the whole this is a top-tier Marvel film. Definitely served well by its grittier spy-thriller tone. I'd completely forgotten about "The path of the righteous man..." on Fury's gravestone :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Bullet Train

Tremors

Tremors 2: Aftershocks

Lesbian Vampire Killers

Men in Black

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Aliens Versus Predator Requiem
-The Theatrical Cut on Hulu ism much brighter, The Extended Cut is dark. 

Alien Versus Predator
-Nostalgic, remember when I saw it in theaters.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 16, 2022, 03:05:34 PMTremors

Tremors 2: Aftershocks

Men in Black
god taste

Stitch

Stitch

Jackass Forever

It's exactly what I expected. Two thumbs up.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

VFW
a lot better than i expected. Fun little fun.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Guardians of the Galaxy

People rave about this one, and while I enjoy it, I don't think I quite understand the adoration it receives. It's a good movie and a welcome change of pace from the ones before, but it's far from top-tier Marvel imo. Still, I am mightily looking forward to these guys meeting up with everyone else later on.

Avengers: Age of Ultron

This one massively disappointed me at the time it came out, but watching it again now it was better than I remembered. It's still not a patch on the first Avengers (and the finale being a carbon-copy of the first really drags it down in the last act), but there was a lot more to like than I remembered. Another great MCU villain in the form of James Spader. Still, the final shot of the "new" Avengers assembled undeniably leaves you with a slightly deflated feeling of "Oh... So we've got those guys now..."

Ant-Man

This was the first one I skipped at the time as burnout began to set in, although I had seen it since. Watching it on it's own it felt thoroughly forgettable, but seeing it off the back of several sprawling MCU epics, it's more mundane tone actually worked in its favour (as did the more overtly comedic slant). I still think this would've made more sense as the first film of phase three rather than a slightly lacklustre conclusion to phase two, but there we go. Oh, and Michael Douglas' digital plastic surgery is still far and away the best digital de-ageing I've seen, and probably the only time the technology hasn't wound up looking entirely creepy.

So that's phase two done. Summary - I'd say this round was more consistently good than phase one. Iron Man 3 and Winter Soldier were both stellar and the one-shots finally came into their own (especially All Hail the King) - so it's slightly ironic that they then stopped doing them.* Of this phase I'd say The Dark World was the only one I struggled with.

Onwards to phase three.

*I'm aware they did some shorts for Ragnarok, but as I understand it they're jokey mockumentary-style things rather than in-universe short films.

Kradan

Kradan

Man Of Steel

That was a good watch. Not without its problems (these lie mainly in movie's third act, collateral damage and all) but movie definetly does its job of making me care for Superman.

Spoiler
Funny thing is, just as Superman vs Zod fight started, you know, the one where Superman levels like half a city lol, air sirens came on. Felt kinda surreal
[close]

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 18, 2022, 09:22:41 PMMan Of Steel

That was a good watch. Not without its problems (these lie mainly in movie's third act, collateral damage and all) but movie definetly does its job of making me care for Superman.

Spoiler
Funny thing is, just as Superman vs Zod fight started, you know, the one where Superman levels like half a city lol, air sirens came on. Felt kinda surreal
[close]
One of my fave CBM villains ever, M. Shannon kicks absolute ass in the role

I also like the movie really, only problem I have with it is the Kevin Costner death scene (duuumb) but the rest is fairly solid

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 18, 2022, 09:24:30 PMOne of my fave CBM villains ever, M. Shannon kicks absolute ass in the role

I WILL FIND HIM !

WHERE HAVE YOU TRAINED, ON A FARM !?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed