Neill Blomkamp Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art

Started by RidgeTop, Dec 27, 2017, 04:04:57 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art (Read 73,997 times)

Beatnation

Beatnation

You know anyone an vote IMDB and RT Audience Score right?, those aren't valid metrics for qualify his movies:

District 9

Rotten Tomatoes critics score: 90%

Metacritic Metascore: 81

Box Office Mojo: Worldwide  $210,819,611 on a production budget of $30 million

Elysium

Rotten Tomatoes critics score: 67%

Metacritic Metascore: 61

Box Office Mojo: Worldwide $286,140,700 on a production budget of $115 million

Crappie

Rotten Tomatoes critics score: 32%

Metacritic Metascore: 41

Box Office Mojo: Worldwide:    $102,069,268    on a production budget of $49 million

And some of you want this guy to direct a Alien film??? The quality of his movies and also his Box Office got exponentially worse every time, why no just call it a day, and search for a GOOD DIRECTOR? Someone who move the story forward instead backwards, someone who gives us something new and fresh and no just a rehash of their fanboy wet dreams about AlienS, while destroying 2 cannon movies in the process.

I guess it's time to took off those nostalgia tinted glasses, Ripley died in Alien 3, end of the story,

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Dec 27, 2017, 11:01:47 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 27, 2017, 10:12:50 PM
Yeah, but I don't think anyone expects him to do a District 9 level movie each and every time. We really need to see a lot more from him before writing him off as a mediocre or a one-hit-wonder director.

Even if people don't want more Ridley Scott I think many other directors would be a far better choice than Blomkamp.

I want to see fresh ideas and new characters not digging up the past to see an inevitably lesser version of what we've already seen.

That doesn't mean no marines or drop ships, you can do all that without raising the dead, again.

SM

And then she was resurrected.

Why aren't IMDB and RT audience scores valid?  They give an indicator of what an audience thought of a film.

Beatnation

Quote from: SM on Dec 27, 2017, 11:16:22 PM

Why aren't IMDB and RT audience scores valid?  They give an indicator of what an audience thought of a film.

Do you see the shit DC/Marvel/Star Wars fans doing on IMDb with their user score??, they collectively invade IMDB before they see the movie and rated it 10 or 1 in the case of the haters, that's allowed because IMDb release the vote pool waaaaay to early, you just can't trust on IMDb user score.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Kane's other son on Dec 27, 2017, 09:56:09 AM
Good God, more Aliens rehashes: Aliens crawling inside an air vent, a dropship from 1986. No evolution, no new design ideas on the table.

On the contrary. That shot of the creature in the duct looked far more like what we saw in 'Alien' than 'Aliens'. He's been saying for ages he's a big fan of both the original films.

Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 27, 2017, 11:54:34 AM
I think we finally deserve a proper Aliens style AvP film (tech, look, feel), Blomkamp could make it work.

Know what you mean, but he's already said that he dislikes the AVP concept.

Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 27, 2017, 10:52:58 PM
You could argue that Aliens is as much of action film as it is horror, but the setting has always been undeniably horror.

Absolutely. People who dismiss it as only an action film have very superficial memories of what it actually shows.

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Dec 27, 2017, 09:22:41 PM
Because his ideas for this one seem deeply derivative and fanfic-y

Unless you have access to material none of the rest of us do, nobody knows what the story - and, thus, the ideas - actually involved.

We know it featured Ripley and Hicks, but that was at Weaver's urging, not his own. His story was Ripley-less and 'Alien 3' was factored in.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Why can't Disney do it?

SM

Quote from: Beatnation on Dec 27, 2017, 11:23:00 PM

Do you see the shit DC/Marvel/Star Wars fans doing on IMDb with their user score??, they collectively invade IMDB before they see the movie and rated it 10 or 1 in the case of the haters, that's allowed because IMDb release the vote pool waaaaay to early, you just can't trust on IMDb user score.

What are you basing this on?  I just looked at Batman vs Superman, Winter Soldier, Dr Strange, Rogue One and Last Jedi.  I'm not seeing the votes flooded by 10s and 1s.

QuoteUnless you have access to material none of the rest of us do, nobody knows what the story - and, thus, the ideas - actually involved.

I continually find this criticism strange too.  We know it was probably going to be more like Aliens than Alien, but beyond that we don't know enough of the story to form an opinion.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 27, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
That's because Alien 3 reused those props for budgetary reasons.

No. It's because they fit those respective parts of the film, and the film makers weren't disgruntled people on the internet worried about "souring" their movie with "Teh pulse rifles."

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on Dec 27, 2017, 11:31:14 PM
Why can't Disney do it?

They could totally do it. We'll have to see what happens.

Whos_Nick

I legitimately don't understand the instant negative response to the Blomkamp idea when we still hardly know anything about it.

Alien hasn't had an objectively good film in years, and people would rather Fox triple down on Ridley Scott after both of his prequels were met with a mixed response? Sure let's let Ridley sit around for a few years and decide what he wants to do with a franchise that isn't even his.

I'd rather see other things happen within a franchise that, in my opinion, has been viewed through a keyhole for many, many years.

Gash

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 27, 2017, 11:44:51 PM
Sure let's let Ridley sit around for a few years and decide what he wants to do with a franchise that isn't even his.

Yeah, let's do that.

Scorpio

Quote from: OpenMaw on Dec 27, 2017, 11:34:15 PM

No. It's because they fit those respective parts of the film, and the film makers weren't disgruntled people on the internet worried about "souring" their movie with "Teh pulse rifles."

You're taking the mickey, obviously.

The pulse rifles in Alien 3 weren't even the same.  Different colouring, different sound effect.

Of course it would be the same ship as the Sulaco because it's a sequel.

They reused queen from Aliens in A:R as well. 

acrediblesource

A reason this movie should be made, is because it gives a definitely large budget and expansion of a  universe that should be discovered again. The universe should expand with this film building on what was established with Aliens and defining what Prometheus should be in the future. Perhaps this is the ticket to securing the franchise as something Ridley had just compared to as  another  Star Wars,hopefully with less childish complexity.

D88M

nothing about this idea sounds interesting or good, sounds like not great fan fiction

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 27, 2017, 09:57:15 PM
But yeah, the guy makes bad movies cause I don't likes his Alien movie proposal.

I saw them. They were bad.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: N-Shifter on Dec 27, 2017, 08:45:28 PM
I want his take on it because it's been nearly 30 years since the last good/great Alien movie, I don't know why people are so against it, at this point what do we really have to lose?

I feel like he would ruin the point of Alien 3. What makes Alien 3 so great is the dark tone in the story with the characters being killed off. Alien 3 is a reverse summer blockbuster which is why I love it. People want the Alien series to have a happy ending like a Star Wars movie. When Alien is not meant to be Star Wars. Save that shit for the family friendly movies.

Biomechanoid

They are one of a number valid indicators. Any whackadoo can hop on a forum and boast IMDB ratings are invalid but without obtainable evidence to back that accusation, it's nothing more than empty boasting.

Quote from: Beatnation on Dec 27, 2017, 11:23:00 PM
No offense, but you're mouthing off on a rating system it sounds like you're, as many do, filling in the blank with assumptions. Sure anyone can vote, but a value is placed on your vote and there are minimums required before your voted value is added to the weighted average.

Those fanatics who create dozens of accounts voting all 10's or 1's on a given film, are totally ignorant they are just spinning their wheels. It took their vote, but that submission has a weighted average of zero. The fanatics walk away thinking they successfully ballot stuffed the vote, but know none the wiser their vote is essentially worthless.

You have to earn the right to have your rating count in IMDB's rating system.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed