Sounds like there was an alternate ending!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2018, 07:20:31 PM

Author
Sounds like there was an alternate ending! (Read 96,633 times)

SiL

It's very on the nose - pardon the pun - and doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's a fanboyish idea that looks cool but not much else.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Dec 08, 2018, 07:35:48 AM
It's very on the nose - pardon the pun - and doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's a fanboyish idea that looks cool but not much else.
I agree that it's on the nose, but that's part of the charm for me. I like well-hidden Easter eggs that prompt repeat viewings, but sometimes in-your-face "haha, get it???" callbacks will put a big smile on my face and make me say, "haha, yeah, I DO get it! This is fun!"

I can see how some might see it as obnoxious, but sometimes I think that kind of stuff can be a refreshing change of pace.

SiL

Or we could not incessantly draw attention to the fact we're watching a film.

Xenomrph

To each their own I guess. :)

SiL

Goes without saying, I assure you.

El Pistolero

Well these endings are quiet a little hint for a sequel. We got that stupid Iron Man Ending and we could have got this kinda AVP3 Ending. If I could choose between both anding, so f**k you, I deffinitly choose the AVP3 Ending ;)

Ok there was also an Arnie Ending planed. Mybe if they do it very well and scipping this uprade idea and do it with a smaller budget. An Arnie Cameback could save the franchise maybe. But I dont really want to have Schwarzenegger back in this franchise. It isnt the terminator franchise. I dont want to belong to those guys, they believe a predator movie works only with schwarzenegger.

MrPeterKeyes666

Someone asked Fred Dekker on his FB page if this was meant for a Dutch or Ripley cameo and he replied with Yes....

The Kurgan

Quote from: MrPeterKeyes666 on Dec 08, 2018, 07:06:21 PM
Someone asked Fred Dekker on his FB page if this was meant for a Dutch or Ripley cameo and he replied with Yes....

This heresy knows no bounds...

Voodoo Magic

Here's a screenshot:

The Old One

The Old One

Maximum dumb B.S.

Xenomrph

Just because he said that doesn't mean Ripley was a serious option. Dutch (the extremely likely correct answer) was just among the things listed, and he confirmed it. The person asking the question could have said "Dutch, Ripley, Jerry Lewis, Spider-Man, or Taylor Swift" and the answer to the question is still "yes".

AVP-CAPCOM

It's no secret Sigourney Weaver hates AVP, each to their own I guess, whereas I always wanted a cinematic AVP.

But its daft to even suggest Weaver would do a cameo even for a paycheck. She doesn't need the money, she's always being cast and she is very protective of the legacy of her ALIEN appearances. As well as integrity in casting in movie and TV in general.

Also how would she, theoretically, comeback?
- Predator time travel?
- Would it be Ripley Clone 8?
- Ripley taken from the Sulaco in the future to prevent Alien 3 happening and preds zapping the upsiddown stowaway Egg with Queen Superfacehugger?
- Would the mechanical facehugger device be to extract the Queen embryo for "the Predator killer"?

Sounds like Star Trek (2009) levels of heresy and retconning.

skull-splitter

What part of Kelvin timeline don't people get?

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 08, 2018, 10:37:51 PM
Just because he said that doesn't mean Ripley was a serious option. Dutch (the extremely likely correct answer) was just among the things listed, and he confirmed it. The person asking the question could have said "Dutch, Ripley, Jerry Lewis, Spider-Man, or Taylor Swift" and the answer to the question is still "yes".

Taylor Swift, i'd be down for that  :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 09, 2018, 02:09:42 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 08, 2018, 10:37:51 PM

Taylor Swift, i'd be down for that  :laugh:

How you could leave out Tom Jones is just plain criminal.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed