Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 270,609 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 02, 2013, 01:56:08 AM
So you wanna continue this argument or are you stepping out and admitting defeat?
Stepping out? Likely.
Admitting defeat? Decidedly less so. Think about who you're talking to. :P

predxeno

predxeno

Well, by stepping out at this juncture, he is forfeiting the argument and really is admitting the defeat; I guess I hit him with an argument he couldn't counter.

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Oct 31, 2013, 10:43:02 PM
QuoteYup, it does. One of my favorite stories too btw, its moody

I recently re-read Sacrifice, and with a hefty suspension of disbelief, it's very good.  Artwork is fantastic, as is most of the writiing.

It was a pleasant surprise for me. I never heard of it untill I got the Omnibus. People always praise Labyrinth most often but I never heard any praise or mention of Sacrifice. I was surprised how good this little horror story is and the artwork is great. Even the alien's design is so detailed and faithfully recreating Kane's Son

SM

SM

I dig how the punji stakes and reflection of the torches make it look like the devil at the end.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 02, 2013, 03:16:58 AM
Well, by stepping out at this juncture, he is forfeiting the argument and really is admitting the defeat; I guess I hit him with an argument he couldn't counter.

You're hilarious Predxeno. It's impossible to argue with people like you (I.e. "everything is canon" posse) - its frustrating and doesn't lead anywhere. You don't listen; select what to counter and then interpret it ass-backward ending up twisting it to fit your crusade. It's tiring, meaningless and downright excruciating.

The fact that you believe that the reason SM isn't answering back is because you really believe you 'won' the argument just proves my point.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 02, 2013, 08:48:31 AM

You're hilarious Predxeno. It's impossible to argue with people like you (I.e. "everything is canon" posse)
Whoa whoa whoa, I'd really prefer it if you didn't lump me in with him in this case. Predxeno and I may agree on the idea that "everything is canon", but our reasons for why we feel that way are pretty different, and if you read through this thread there have been plenty of instances where I outright disagreed with him and supported SM.

Quote from: StrangeShape on Nov 02, 2013, 05:11:59 AM
Quote from: SM on Oct 31, 2013, 10:43:02 PM
QuoteYup, it does. One of my favorite stories too btw, its moody

I recently re-read Sacrifice, and with a hefty suspension of disbelief, it's very good.  Artwork is fantastic, as is most of the writiing.

It was a pleasant surprise for me. I never heard of it untill I got the Omnibus. People always praise Labyrinth most often but I never heard any praise or mention of Sacrifice. I was surprised how good this little horror story is and the artwork is great. Even the alien's design is so detailed and faithfully recreating Kane's Son
Sacrifice is great, and so is Salvation - they both complement each other well thematically, while still being very different from each other.

predxeno

predxeno

You're hilarious Predxeno. It's impossible to argue with people like you (I.e. "everything is canon" posse) - its frustrating and doesn't lead anywhere. You don't listen; select what to counter and then interpret it ass-backward ending up twisting it to fit your crusade. It's tiring, meaningless and downright excruciating.

The fact that you believe that the reason SM isn't answering back is because you really believe you 'won' the argument just proves my point.

That's pretty ironic, you guys are the ones not listening; I have presented my points and my rebuttals on every topic here in a very reasonable and very professional manner (things I don't always get in return, mind you). 

If you actually read my posts, you'd see that it's you guys who don't listen, interpret ass-backwards, and twist things to fit your crusade.  I brought up a very valid point that there are double standards in how fans like you choose what is canon or not and all I'm asking is your reasoning why this is the case.  Instead of responding to my argument, I see people duck for cover, sidestep out of conversations, and even place subtle insults to cover their own asses. 

If nobody wants to respond back to me, then my argument (which has been presented quite clearly, logically, and inoffensively) stands unchallenged and it really does look like you are attempting to avoid the issue rather than confront it head on.  All I'm asking for is your reasoning in this matter, I haven't cast derogatory statements or even tried to attack you for your beliefs, there should be no reason to actually refuse; this is actually the first time I've used this particular argument for my beliefs and I would appreciate the community's response.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 02, 2013, 01:13:11 PM

You're hilarious Predxeno. It's impossible to argue with people like you (I.e. "everything is canon" posse)
Whoa whoa whoa, I'd really prefer it if you didn't lump me in with him in this case. Predxeno and I may agree on the idea that "everything is canon", but our reasons for why we feel that way are pretty different, and if you read through this thread there have been plenty of instances where I outright disagreed with him and supported SM.

I don't think he was referring to you at all; I didn't get that vibe, but way to make a point putting us on different sides.

SM

SM

I would've said that like bashing your against a brick wall, it feels good when you stop; but 'excrutiating' is much more succinct.

predxeno

predxeno

Well, this is the first time I have brought up the "double standard" argument regarding canon so it shouldn't be as excruciating as previous debates, besides I haven't even attacked you for your standing (a respect that isn't reciprocated).

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 02, 2013, 10:06:57 PM
Well, this is the first time I have brought up the "double standard" argument regarding canon so it shouldn't be as excruciating as previous debates, besides I haven't even attacked you for your standing (a respect that isn't reciprocated).

It has been brought up before. Plenty of times.

Good try though!

Quote from: SM on Nov 02, 2013, 10:03:06 PM

I would've said that like bashing your against a brick wall, it feels good when you stop; but 'excrutiating' is much more succinct.

Unfortunately it is hard to stop since they won't, don't, can't and shan't... Aggravating.

Anywho, I'm not gonna be lured back into this by Predxeno to join this canon cat and mouse game going on here, and I'm blizzfully unaware of Xenomrph's posts since our last skirmish - I've done my part, so I'm withdrawing now from this tainted thread.

And to the "Everything is canon" consortium I say feel free to (mis)interpret this as me admitting defeat if that makes you sleep better at night. Adieu!  :-*

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I forgot, Beagle has me on ignore. So it seems he was lumping me in with predxeno on this one, oh well.

QuoteIt has been brought up before. Plenty of times.

Good try though!
To be fair it's never really been responded to, though. :P

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 03, 2013, 02:17:48 AM
I forgot, Beagle has me on ignore. So it seems he was lumping me in with predxeno on this one, oh well.

Why does Beagle have you on ignore? ???

QuoteIt has been brought up before. Plenty of times.

Good try though!
To be fair it's never really been responded to, though. :P

I would be really interested to hear what the supporters of that argument have to say to defend it; helps me understand their viewpoint a bit better.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 03, 2013, 03:10:55 AM

Why does Beagle have you on ignore? ???
I don't remember the specifics, but it was some canon debate in the AvP General subforum that deteriorated. I suggested that he put me on ignore if he didn't like what I had to say, and he took me up on the offer.

Corporal Hicks

Enough. I'm sick of these threads turning into canon arguments. It's boring.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 03, 2013, 09:43:59 AM
Enough. I'm sick of these threads turning into canon arguments. It's boring.
Agreed. But at this point, I think everything that can be said has. Now we have to wait for more news so we can hash it out some more! :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed