Pre-production on new Alien film will start next week

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Mar 05, 2015, 11:06:59 AM

Author
Pre-production on new Alien film will start next week (Read 28,700 times)

Murfy426

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 09, 2015, 01:55:58 PM
Quote from: Murfy426 on Mar 09, 2015, 01:50:39 PM
Unless someone on the inside of that facility grew a conscience,

That is a problem on its own, the evil company angle is just stupid, even more stupid would be only one person being good, human conscience is not rare in any company, no matter its dealings, much more than one person would be ethical its just a matter of courage to speak up.
If they want a fresh take for Alien V, have the company been helpful for a change, more than just neutral.
The bad thing about an evil company is that they must lack common sense  :laugh:
True I think a better term is the angle is outdated for all we know your idea could be right, the company are using the facility to study the aliens in an effort to combat them better, maybe the facility will just be one small part of the movie and not the whole plot, Weaver did say in an interview im sure that Blomkamp had way more artwork that had not been released yet.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: genocyber on Mar 09, 2015, 01:37:58 PM
From the concept art shown of his ideas...the story looks like xenomorphs being held in captivity in a underground bio dome and studied by Weyland Yutani.

I wouldn't assume that the facility is underground. I know that was one of Blomkamp's problems when designing the Halo ring - all the interesting structures were underneath the surface, and he was more interested in blending it with the landscape.

Close Encounters

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 09, 2015, 01:50:25 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 09, 2015, 01:40:49 PM
Ripley would never agree to take part in the breeding and study of Aliens in any capacity.

Yeah, nor would WY be foolish enough to send her.

Stoner WY Executive 1: Guys, guys, listen. I have this GREAT idea. What if, now just bear with me on this, when we finish setting up our new testing facilities, we invite the only people who have survived contact with these things for a visit, give them weapons and permission to kill anything they see...
Stoner WY Executive 2: Ok.....
Stoner WY Executive 1: We let them see the Queen, the Nest, everything, all on a specially guided tour with ammo drops every two feet.
Stoner WY Executive 1: Then, once they finish the tour, if they haven't suffered a nervous breakdown and tried to kill us all and blow up the facility by then, we get them to sign off on making it a zoo! Complete with hotels, dining, entertainment for the whole family! We can even hire the survivors to do publicity shoots for the big opening! It'll be just like Jurassic Park!
Stoner WY Executive 2:.......Dude......THAT IS ****ING AWESOME! Let's do it!

The Cruentus

Quote from: Close Encounters on Mar 09, 2015, 09:58:36 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 09, 2015, 01:50:25 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 09, 2015, 01:40:49 PM
Ripley would never agree to take part in the breeding and study of Aliens in any capacity.

Yeah, nor would WY be foolish enough to send her.

Stoner WY Executive 1: Guys, guys, listen. I have this GREAT idea. What if, now just bear with me on this, when we finish setting up our new testing facilities, we invite the only people who have survived contact with these things for a visit, give them weapons and permission to kill anything they see...
Stoner WY Executive 1: We let them see the Queen, the Nest, everything, all on a specially guided tour with ammo drops every two feet.
Stoner WY Executive 1: Then, once they finish the tour, if they haven't suffered a nervous breakdown and tried to kill us all and blow up the facility by then, we get them to sign off on making it a zoo! Complete with hotels, dining, entertainment for the whole family! We can even hire the survivors to do publicity shoots for the big opening! It'll be just like Jurassic Park!
Stoner WY Executive 2:.......Dude......THAT IS ****ING AWESOME! Let's do it!

I don't know about W-Y but you nailed Fox down to T there.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

So did it officially started per-production yet?

NetworkATTH

"What kind of corporation would do something like this??"

haha
ha

ha

Gash

Pre-production started last year, given that concept art is generally the biggest part of pre-production.

Nightmare Asylum

That concept art was commissioned before this film was ever actually going to be a thing, however. Blomkamp had it made after throwing ideas back and forth with Weaver on the set of Chappie, and then pitched it to Fox and it got picked up. Who knows how much of that is entirely relevant to the current direction of the film. Assuming it did enter pre-production this week, we would still be a few months minimum away from the start of filming.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Gash on Mar 19, 2015, 10:59:30 PM
Pre-production started last year, given that concept art is generally the biggest part of pre-production.

The set-building would be the biggest and most expensive part.

Gash

Well, script, concept art, casting, designing, set building etc. It's the longest part of the process.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed