Colonial Marines Moved to Autumn 2012

Started by ikarop, Jan 26, 2012, 01:22:24 PM

Author
Colonial Marines Moved to Autumn 2012 (Read 45,216 times)

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Why dont we all go out and rebuy avp , play it for 20mins and thank every god in the book for this delay nonsense lol :)

Prime113

I actually enjoyed AVP2010. Sooooooo

newbeing

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 26, 2012, 10:58:34 PM
Quote from: PrometheusFire on Jan 26, 2012, 10:55:16 PM
I mean........... We all "love" this franchise and should do nothing else but fully support gearbox for trying to give us the most kickass aliens experience that they can...........Not some "effort" that they thought about delaying but didnt because a few "fans" wanted it NOW lol
God id love to see that press conference

"well we knew it didnt make sense that it was not finished but thought f**k it......... Lets give all those impatient kids down at avp.net another rebellion style effort lol"

Dude, it's been 6 f**kin years. And, don't give me that it's not complete bull shit. They would have to have LITERALLY started making the game a year ago for that to be the case.

I'm just really pissed today guys. Delays in games and movies really piss me off for some reason.

It's been only 5 years since it was announced actually and if you read this interview here: http://gamestar.ru/article/1805.html you will see they clearly state they started dedicated development on the game early 2010.
QuoteWell, despite they announced it a long time ago I've started to work on it early last year, it's really when we started development... you now for real with a team. So a time previous to that was just announcement and I think that in many ways it's turning out well because the technologies gotten better, the Gearbox worked on the story longer, so this is the best  work on pre-production that we have ever done.

I think the real problem is Sega is poor at planning ahead and probably should have never even given an estimated release date. They could have very well just pulled a valve and said "when it's done".

Prime113

Well, that's two years, than. That's the average time for a game to be completed(Gears of War as an example). Which makes this a little less painful. But, one more delay after this one, and...well, Ill just bitch again.

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 26, 2012, 11:14:46 PM

Yeah me to mate

But i also enjoy a glass of milk........... But compare it to a banana milkshake and there really is no contest :)

Prime113

Quote from: PrometheusFire on Jan 26, 2012, 11:29:43 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 26, 2012, 11:14:46 PM

Yeah me to mate

But i also enjoy a glass of milk........... But compare it to a banana milkshake and there really is no contest :)

:laugh: That's a good one, man. A:CM better be the best damn chocolate milkshake eva!  :laugh:

newbeing

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 26, 2012, 11:26:10 PM
Well, that's two years, than. That's the average time for a game to be completed(Gears of War as an example). Which makes this a little less painful. But, one more delay after this one, and...well, Ill just bitch again.

Trust me. I can understand your frustration as delays can really suck, especially when it is announced so close to the planned release. And whether or not its been in development for only a few years we still have been waiting a long ass time. It's just I feel this delay is finally justified with the development only beginning within the past few years and the state of the demo when we saw it in E3.

I enjoyed AvP, but if we want more games like this A:CM has to be a better game.

konradski

bet its the same skins n engine as the avp2000 nonsense one . riding on the shirt tail of the movie release , a quick copy paste inside job...........the bar they have to fire above is skyrim bf3 and mw50 from grfx to gameplay they couldnt even limbo past bioshock on the last one

ill have £10.00  bet says you still cant get over a knee high box or under a half closed door

The Xenoborg

Thank God! My PS3 is dead and I have exams in Spring.  ;D

Razz

Razz

Quote from: konradski on Jan 27, 2012, 01:06:09 AM
bet its the same skins n engine as the avp2000 nonsense one . riding on the shirt tail of the movie release , a quick copy paste inside job...........the bar they have to fire above is skyrim bf3 and mw50 from grfx to gameplay they couldnt even limbo past bioshock on the last one

ill have £10.00  bet says you still cant get over a knee high box or under a half closed door
I use werds n shit! ::)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: PrometheusFire on Jan 26, 2012, 11:12:39 PM
Why dont we all go out and rebuy avp

Too bad AVP has been dead for over a year now. No point on replaying it when no one hardly plays the game, if you do find a match then it will just be Predator spammers. I guess Street Fighter X Tekken in March will keep me busy until summer time.

Private W Hudson

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jan 27, 2012, 01:32:03 AM
Quote from: PrometheusFire on Jan 26, 2012, 11:12:39 PM
Why dont we all go out and rebuy avp

Too bad AVP has been dead for over a year now. No point on replaying it when no one hardly plays the game, if you do find a match then it will just be Predator spammers. I guess Street Fighter X Tekken in March will keep me busy until summer time.

Amen to that, i'ma gonna get SF x Tekken too. Hopefully dudley will be revealed sorry to go a little off topic.
Yeah Avp is pretty much dead tho i just go through the campaign now and again if i cba.

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Interesting to note
The prequel to alien and the sequel to aliens coming out the same year, with the alien prequel 1st.........almost like its fate or something ..................... Lmao:)

Just some thoughts

Company Man

Company Man

I posted this already in the release date thread, but that discussion seems to have moved here...

Image from today's IGN newsletter

Anyway, I'm equally bummed and happy about the delay. On the one hand, I want to play it NOW. On the other hand, I was worried about the game being a total flop since there's been no real promotion thus far. If they use this time to improve the game AND make the general public aware of it, then we might have a great game to look forward to, as opposed to a mess.

Personally, I don't think that AVP2010 was a bad game. But I'd like to see ACM do even better, commercially and critically.

newbeing

I really hope it is released in the Halloween season similar to Infestation. A release window like that is good for the holiday season as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed