Colonial Marines Moved to Autumn 2012

Started by ikarop, Jan 26, 2012, 01:22:24 PM

Author
Colonial Marines Moved to Autumn 2012 (Read 45,401 times)

dallevalle

rush job ???  ::)

how many years have this game been in development by now ??

(manymanymanymanymany)

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Yes....... But its "aliens"
I think when dealing with a franchise of this magnitude, deathstar type methods should be enforced at all times and anything less is destined to resort in some pesky jedi firing a missile down your exhaust vents and pissing all your efforts up the wall :)

I think as much time should be taken as possible........anything less is futile

Just some thoughts :)

dallevalle

Quote from: PrometheusFire on Jan 26, 2012, 10:40:47 PM
I think when dealing with a franchise of this magnitude, deathstar type methodsds should be enforced at all times and anything less is destined to resort in some pesky jedi firing a missile down your exhaust vents and pissing all your efforts up the wall :)

Okay you got me there :D how can i not agree with this :)

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

I know............im good :)

Just some thoughts .......

Prime113

At the massively high bar you guys are setting, anything less than perfection wouldn't be acceptable. I believe this game will be good, but not the end all Alien game. When it comes to media(Games, Movies, Music) when something is delayed, it means that something has gone wrong. Wrong.

newbeing

Quote from: PrometheusFire on Jan 26, 2012, 10:40:47 PM
I think when dealing with a franchise of this magnitude, deathstar type methods should be enforced at all times and anything less is destined to resort in some pesky jedi firing a missile down your exhaust vents and pissing all your efforts up the wall :)

Agreed and well put. It seems like a lot of their time is currently going into trying different and innovative ideas, which I'm all for. As a fan I would play this game if it was a straight coop shooter, but they have to do something to make it stand out as its own unique experience if they want to prevent it being buried under the pile of other great games coming out this year.

Granted the negative part to this is that the extra wait is building up expectations to a critical level, so here's hoping they knock it out of the park.

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

I mean........... We all "love" this franchise and should do nothing else but fully support gearbox for trying to give us the most kickass aliens experience that they can...........Not some "effort" that they thought about delaying but didnt because a few "fans" wanted it NOW lol
God id love to see that press conference

"well we knew it didnt make sense that it was not finished but thought f**k it......... Lets give all those impatient kids down at avp.net another rebellion style effort lol"

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 26, 2012, 10:52:28 PM
At the massively high bar you guys are setting, anything less than perfection wouldn't be acceptable. I believe this game will be good, but not the end all Alien game. When it comes to media(Games, Movies, Music) when something is delayed, it means that something has gone wrong. Wrong.

And i am not setting any bar other than hoping for a good honest effort that reflects what an immersive aliens experience should be :)

Just some thoughts.....

Prime113

Quote from: PrometheusFire on Jan 26, 2012, 10:55:16 PM
I mean........... We all "love" this franchise and should do nothing else but fully support gearbox for trying to give us the most kickass aliens experience that they can...........Not some "effort" that they thought about delaying but didnt because a few "fans" wanted it NOW lol

"well we knew it didnt make sense that it was not finished but thought f**k it......... Lets give all those impatient kids down at avp.net another rebellion style effort lol"

Dude, it's been 6 f**kin years. And, don't give me that it's not complete bull shit. They would have to have LITERALLY started making the game a year ago for that to be the case.

I'm just really pissed today guys. Delays in games and movies really piss me off for some reason.

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Its gearbox setting the high bar..........hence the delay

RagingDragon

DOOOM!

Hell, I would seriously be happy with an average shooter with some scary aliens and nice customization options with a variety of modes in multiplayer.  I don't care if it's not the greatest game ever made, I just want it to be decent enough to attract a lot of players.

I mean, I disliked new AvP multiplayer, but I still enjoy playing it sometimes.  You can hardly do that because no one's on.  It just sucks all around.

Lonely Universe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McnBNREjF4I#

This is the only time in my life I've ever agreed with Hitler.

Nightlord

I'm fine with this delay considering that E3 demo is the only gameplay we've seen and it was pretty weak to say the least.

What we need is some sort of preview or something just to see what the current state of the game is, that one minute cgi trailer out soon means sweet f**k all.

Prime113

Quote from: PrometheusFire on Jan 26, 2012, 10:59:50 PM
Its gearbox setting the high bar..........hence the delay

No, its people. Nearly everybody on here as said "Oh well, atleast they'll have time to polish it up and make it the greatest game ever" That's people saying that, not GBX. There is a reason this is getting delayed so much. I doubt the game will be any less glitchy than other games that are released on their first dates.

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 26, 2012, 10:58:34 PM
Quote from: PrometheusFire on Jan 26, 2012, 10:55:16 PM

Dude, it's been 6 f**kin years. And, don't give me that it's not complete bull shit. They would have to have LITERALLY started making the game a year ago for that to be the case.

I'm just really pissed today guys. Delays in games and movies really piss me off for some reason.

Maybe try doing some push ups :)

I had waited 10years to see an alien vs predator movie........ Imagine the feelings of betrayal i felt when it came out pmsl
Your still not at "that" point so please relax yourself and watch some starwars :)

Prime113

Prime113

Thanks, man. I'll probably throw in Aliens.  :)

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jan 26, 2012, 11:01:13 PM
DOOOM!

Hell, I would seriously be happy with an average shooter with some scary aliens and nice customization options with a variety of modes in multiplayer.  I don't care if it's not the greatest game ever made, I just want it to be decent enough to attract a lot of players.

I mean, I disliked new AvP multiplayer, but I still enjoy playing it sometimes.  You can hardly do that because no one's on.  It just sucks all around.

I agree with that. I would love to have a good Aliens game come out in April. I mean, I could be dead by time the perfect Alien game came out in October.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed