Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 68,444 times)

Huggs

Uh-huh, told ya'll the engineer pods worked for humans, and that she'd be in there.  8) . And that video was awesome!

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Robopadna on Apr 26, 2017, 06:51:05 PM
Quote from: shawsbaby on Apr 26, 2017, 06:46:32 PM
The final few seconds were really unnerving with David arriving and opening the ship.

But yeah, I suspect this will not be in the film at all and we'll get very little of Shaw.

I'd say without a doubt that every single thing from the ship coming out of space to the end are in the movie.  We have seen the shots before and the effects are far too finished and demanding to not be in the release.

QuoteI think the urns fall in that container with the hole underneath where the juggernaut is docking and from there they get sprayed all over the placa. The Scorpionaut is what it looks like: a weapon for mass destruction.

The urns are coming from the docked juggernaut that david is in.  The scorpion is the docking station.  It doesn't have any urns in it.

I suppose the urns fall from the docked Juggernaut into the Scorpionaut. Check the footage. Or maybe some are loaded into the Scorpionaut and some are dropped directly. Maybe the ones that get load into the Scorpionaut get cracked open and then rain down on the masses.

Robopadna

Robopadna

Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 26, 2017, 06:55:39 PM
The final few seconds were really unnerving with David arriving and opening the ship.

But yeah, I suspect this will not be in the film at all and we'll get very little of Shaw.

I'd say without a doubt that every single thing from the ship coming out of space to the end are in the movie.  We have seen the shots before and the effects are far too finished and demanding to not be in the release.

QuoteI think the urns fall in that container with the hole underneath where the juggernaut is docking and from there they get sprayed all over the placa. The Scorpionaut is what it looks like: a weapon for mass destruction.

The urns are coming from the docked juggernaut that david is in.  The scorpion is the docking station.  It doesn't have any urns in it.

I suppose the urns fall from the docked Juggernaut into the Scorpionaut. Check the footage.

They fall from the juggernaut.  At 2:16 you can even see the port on the bottom of the juggernaut start to open which has a clear drop to the crowd below.  It then cuts to David's POV looking down directly on to the crowd.  The scorpion isn't any part of it.

We have also seen stills (and a small amount of footage) from david's POV of them simply dropping from the juggernaut.

Huggs

Just realized the Ozymandius reference. Was that cheering I heard from the engineers? Perhaps they have been waiting for the return of their god, or the engineers on lv-223 were trying to recreate or resurrect what they thought was a/their god and bring it back.

Walter

I found some new scenes of Spores  ::)

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 26, 2017, 06:27:28 PM
Quote from: Anthony on Apr 26, 2017, 06:20:00 PM
Spoiler
Probably when the Covenant crew asks about what happened to Shaw.
[close]

Probably, but feels kinda anticlimatic (especially now weve seen lots of it prefilm).

The rest of the docking scene will probably be in the film.

Predaker

That was incredible. I hope the rest of Covenant is just as good, if not better!

Quote from: Enoch on Apr 26, 2017, 06:39:52 PM
One thing to point again. Look how all those pseudo Engineers gather to welcome the Juggernaut... If it is just another of their own, why the great fuss? I think the hall of heads which is straight below the docking Juggernaut (Main platform) is the place of entrance, there this humanoids welcome their gods.

Maybe because they weren't expecting them to show up? The incident on LV-223 happened like 2,000 years ago and now one of their ships has returned after that long.

Also we just heard David say, "We were able to activate their ship, and set course for their homeworld."

These are engineers on their homeworld.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Robopadna on Apr 26, 2017, 06:58:04 PM
Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 26, 2017, 06:55:39 PM

I suppose the urns fall from the docked Juggernaut into the Scorpionaut. Check the footage.

They fall from the juggernaut.  At 2:16 you can even see the port on the bottom of the juggernaut start to open which has a clear drop to the crowd below.  It then cuts to David's POV looking down directly on to the crowd.  The scorpion isn't any part of it.

We have also seen stills (and a small amount of footage) from david's POV of them simply dropping from the juggernaut.

The Juggernaut only has a tiny hole compared to the size of the plaza. But we know the whole plaza gets bombed. How do you think thats possible?

I think thats where the Scorpionaut enters the game.

Robopadna

The Juggernaut only has a tiny hole compared to the size of the placa. But we know the whole placa gets bombed. How do you think thats possible?

Cleaning this up a bit in terms of quotes.

We don't actually know that....  plus, from the previous trailer we have seen a weird spreading effect of the urns contents that make it almost seem a little airborne.  It also may very well not cover all of the area...  infected people may spread it, etc.  That was the idea behind Prometheus.  One juggernaut is not enough to wipe out earth (which is much larger than the tiny arena seen here) but that was the leap that the movie simply asked you to accept.

From the angles you can see the portal open on the juggernaut, it cuts to davids point of view looking down and we have seen the next footage of the urns falling around david on to the crowd below.

Also, at some point you just have to accept that stuff happens.

Huggs

Wild theory, what if during the crash, Shaw's cryo-tube was compromised and she was exposed to black goo?

I wonder if david will blame himself for her death; his selfish and violent act led to the destruction of his only friend. He has then become imperfect, like the humans and engineers, and seeks to create the perfect organism.

s7habo

After watching that clip I have strange feeling, Dr. Shaw will be that Space Jockey from first Alien.   :-\

Kailem

Yay, Shaw! Even if she doesn't have a proper appearance in the actual film at least we got this. Love the design of the Scorpionaut. It has that same great 'totally alien and asymmetrical' look to it as the Derelict/Juggernaut while still clearly being something new. Very nice.

And yes, David's "I learned their ways" was very ambiguous, in a good way. As has already been speculated here, maybe whatever he learns about them in that time is what ultimately makes him decide to wipe the Engineers out? Or maybe he still just holding a grudge about one of them decapitating him. ;) Either way, it was a cool switch from "compassionate David" to "about to coldly commit mass murder" at the end there.

Oh David, we just never can tell with you, can we? ;D

kwisatz

Quote from: Robopadna on Apr 26, 2017, 07:08:13 PM
The Juggernaut only has a tiny hole compared to the size of the placa. But we know the whole placa gets bombed. How do you think thats possible?

We don't actually know that....  plus, from the previous trailer we have seen a weird spreading effect of the urns contents that make it almost seem a little airborne.  It also may very well not cover all of the area...  infected people may spread it, etc.  That was the idea behind Prometheus.  One juggernaut is not enough to wipe out earth (which is much larger than the tiny arena seen here) but that was the leap that the movie simply asked you to accept.

From the angles you can see the portal open on the juggernaut, it cuts to davids point of view looking down and we have seen the next footage of the urns falling around david on to the crowd below.

Then what is the point of the Scorpionaut in your scenario? A mere docking station? I pretty much doubt that. It doesnt look like a scorpion tail for no reasons.

Robopadna

Robopadna

Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 26, 2017, 07:13:06 PM
Quote from: Robopadna on Apr 26, 2017, 07:08:13 PM

Then what is the point of the Scorpionaut in your scenario? A mere docking station? I pretty much doubt that. It doesnt look like a scorpion tail for no reasons.

It is absolutely a mere docking station.  I don't think you can attribute anything to its shape, just like you can't attribute any real functionality to the shape of the juggernaut.

We have essentially seen from the doors opening and onward to the bombing in this and other trailers/stills.  The scorpion plays no role other than to lock in the juggernaut.  There isn't any real reason to assume it does anything else.

Also, this matches up with the spoiler descriptions perfectly and none have mentioned any role for the scorpion outside of a docking station.

In the Vietnamese trailer you literally see them dropping right in front of David straight down on the crowd below.

kwisatz

Look where the Juggernaut docks theres a platform withstanding a the end of the Scorpionaut. There might not even be a free field of fire straight from the Juggernaut to the plaza. Maybe thats where the Scorpionaut "sucks" the urns in or weaponises them in another way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed