Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 17, 2017, 10:11:32 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers* (Read 394,453 times)

skhellter

Quote from: Protozoid on May 29, 2017, 02:15:48 AM
A robot would have perfect photographic memory, though.  And no emotions, so no desire to make pretty pictures.  It's almost like David did is just to behave like a creepy serial killer, not because it makes any kind of sense.

It's almost as if David was specifically created to emulate "humans" to a degree (and to surpass them in many ways), and was given emotions, amongst which was a love of art..

It's almost as if you didnt pay attention to these films.

It's almost as if you came right out of the imdb forums.

Protozoid

Wow, straight to the personal attack!  Defensive, much?

It makes sense if you want to go with the irrational android angle, but the scientific angle does not make sense.

Rabbit2100

Can anyone who has a copy of the art book please post the picture of the practical Neomorph costume where its crouched down and you can see that ENORMOUS SEAM IN THE COSTUME

echobbase79

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Corporal Hicks

iain

I wish more of the Engineer city was shown and explored.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 29, 2017, 06:41:56 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 29, 2017, 06:36:38 PM
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qdomz

Some more from Wayne.

Haha! I was bang on!  ;D

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 25, 2017, 04:39:23 PM
Those concept matte paintings have a very Lord of the Rings/Isengard feel.

Spoiler

lol this film begins as a sequel to Prometheus, then in an unexpected twist it turns into a Lord of the Rings flick, to finally become an Alien movie  :laugh:

I mean what the hell? even when a hooded David was leading the crew at the woods toward the citadel, It was like seeing Legolas and the Fellowship of the Ring in a Middle-earth adventure.

Ingwar

It's the same universe. David will become Sauron ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteI mean what the hell? even when a hooded David was leading the crew at the woods toward the citadel, It was like seeing Legolas and the Fellowship of the Ring in a Middle-earth adventure.

Now that you mention it, he does look a lot like an elf that's getting on a bit. Could he be related to Haldir?   :laugh:

Should have marketed this as a LOTR's flick instead.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 29, 2017, 08:28:47 PM
QuoteI mean what the hell? even when a hooded David was leading the crew at the woods toward the citadel, It was like seeing Legolas and the Fellowship of the Ring in a Middle-earth adventure.

Now that you mention it, he does look a lot like an elf that's getting on a bit. Could he be related to Haldir?   :laugh:

Should have marketed this as a LOTR's flick instead.

QFT  ;D

Now, getting back on topic , I hadn't noticed this so far, but apparently some of the big heads and statues weren't seen in the film:

Rabbit2100

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 29, 2017, 05:54:28 PM

Is this the one?

Its close, the shot I'm reffering to is facing the right backside of the costume in the same pose. My partner and i saw while flipping through the book in barnes and noble and thought it was a bit odd.

Corporal Hicks

You mean this one? (stolen from WY-Bulletin)

cliffhanger

nice shoes lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed