New Colin / Greg Interview

Started by Darkness, Jan 26, 2008, 04:20:51 PM

Author
New Colin / Greg Interview (Read 20,142 times)

Darkness

Darkness

I was just randomly searching on Google and found a new interview with Colin and Greg Strause on DWScifi. It was posted Jan 15 but I guess we all missed it.

What did you think of the original Alien Vs. Predator?
Colin Strause: Like most of the fans we weren't crazy about the last film. It didn't deliver enough suspense and tension, which I think are the key elements to making a good Alien Vs. Predator film. Requiem begins with the aftermath of the last film, where we see how the Aliens arrive back on earth, especially our Pred-Alien, along with a lone Predator warrior.

Greg Strause: AVP was actually, from a financial standpoint, the most profitable of all of the films – from either franchise. I think Fox was really wise, though, in realising that even though the last film was a financial success, the hardcore fans weren't crazy about the film. We're on the internet message boards all the time, keeping in touch with the fans, and the fans felt that AVP left them cold and unsatisfied. We've taken a whole different approach with this film.

Colin Strause: We feel the pressure to make up for the last film; to regain the fans' trust.

It’s quite an interesting interview. Be sure to check it out.

SHREK

SHREK

He ses fans wernt crazy about the first one........lolz i wonder wat he think fans think of this one cuz if he thinks he made the fans happy with this movie then he is very wrong......first comment aswell     ::)  

freshbreath3

freshbreath3

the directors will fix there mistake   when they make AVP3  These directors gave us the better quality of AVPR  because they know bringing more gore and violence  would make fans go see since it was Rated R  I hope they make AVP3 rated R too.

theclash

theclash

These guys should never go near the franchise again.

Tony

Tony

Let's hope they come back since they are true Predator fans. I hope they make the aliens look weak in AVP 3 like they really are. Nothing but mindless drooling freaks. Long live the Predators. By the way it's not always a director's fault on how a movie turns out. It's the casting or even the script or screenwriter's who are to blame.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

the giger alien would beat jungle hunter's sorry ass, tony. i wouldnt expect u to understand, accounting that you're 12.

n3m0

n3m0

*slaps Tony in the face*  mindless drooling freaks.... brat   >:(  

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

... i was disapointed about the first AvP... but not like AvP-Requiem who drive me crazy    >:(   I am a fan of Alien and Predator (not avp... stop this massacre) and i can assure you this movie isn't better than the first avp and you have wrong ... i'm not happy fox give the greenlight to this movie. And about suspense... you think there is more suspense in avp-requiem? not sure...

Rikomaru

Rikomaru

AvP-R was bad because there were thinking that the movie needs more gore and violence. They need a balance between story and violence.   -Avp was too strong focused on story development  -Avp R was just a mindless action gore movie.  If they can finally find a balance it would be finally great.

Sheriff Eddie Morales

I agree with freshbreath3 I say the Straus Bros should make the third AvP movie. And they really have to surprise us more.    :)  

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Tony, you aren't interested in a film like this. What you want is a 'Predator'-exclusive film. If you only want one faction to dominate, that goes against the entire point of the 'versus' concept, when it comes to just about anything.

Ash

Ash

I hope there aren't any more AvP movies, it's turned into such a joke.  All it does is soil the good name of the Alien series.  Combining Aliens and Predators was the worst decision Fox ever made.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

There was good example of AvP which work, like the comic book. it work to much that dark horse needed print again the series. There was the avp2 game too... maybe the greatest script never made. it's a chief master (the game). but no, fox want destroy their franchise and called bad guy with bad experience and made movie like AvP and AvP-R. if AvP3 is in the line of avp and avp-r : no please, no more massacre! let the alien and predator franchise intact! don't make sucking thing, don't reveal the mysthic things about alien and predator, i feel the worse with space jokey and predator in an avp3 ... stop this franchise. Or wait to have a VERY good script like Alien, Aliens, Predator and Predator 2. (and don't try to make new alien and predator movie if it's in the same spirit like avp...)

yuck

yuck

Just relax, guys. It doesn't matter if the Strause brothers want to make AVP3.  Sure, we will get weak Pussy Aliens which get owned by almighty Predators again. So what? Can you really take this comic universe serious??? This Franchise is never able to write the story of the original Alien story. It doesn't matter what these two fat guys will do with the Space Jockey. They won't never write the Alien story. Just relax.  AVP was made for Predator fanboys and action fans since the Strause brothers arrived. You should leave them alone.  Tony, did you watch AVP? Our Alien can fix your ugly lizzard man on the ground without problems. And don't forget. Celtic is physically stronger than Wolf.   8)   I hope i didn't sound like a stupid fanboy.    ;D  

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

I'm more a predator fanboy than alien... and predator in avp aren't predator. they are just teenagers or erradicator like terminator. Fox can do what they want i agree, for me there is only Alien and Predator. AvP are just goodies... a candy for people who want action and gore... not for alien and predator fanboy (and fangirl sorry :D ).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed