What if Carter Burke lied in Aliens?

Started by AhabPredator, Dec 31, 2018, 08:27:51 PM

Author
What if Carter Burke lied in Aliens? (Read 11,241 times)

AhabPredator

What if Amanda Ripley really is alive? We know Burke was a lead than trustworthy individual who only worked for Weyland-Yutani interests. Who's to say he didn't outright lie to Ellen Ripley?

https://youtu.be/_tWP8zXYslc

Huggs

I'm not sure what difference it would make for him to lie. Amanda would still be pretty old, and the company already had Ellen in its grasp. If they wanted to shut either of them up, they could in a million ways. I think the original intent was that Amanda lived a normal life and died before Ripley was found. Because of Isolation, we now have her encountering the xenomorphs and that sets up more possibilities, all of which have to be shoehorned into the franchise.

Unless they do something as cheap and cheesy as putting Amanda on ice until her mother is found, keeping Ripley from seeing her old daughter serves no legitimate purpose. Ripley already believed the company knew about the Aliens. Having Amanda tell her that would be no big surprise to her.

Samhain13

I can see Fox pulling another Out of Shadows and making Ellen and Amanda meet.

Vermillion

Even if he lied. We grease this rat f**k son of a bitch anyway.

Wweyland

Quote from: Vermillion on Jan 04, 2019, 01:11:54 AM
Even if he lied. We grease this rat f**k son of a bitch anyway.
Wait, he has to go back.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jan 03, 2019, 08:04:47 PM

Hell no. Never in a million years, please.

Alien Isolation was great. Out of the Shadows was contrived but very well done IMO. Though if they go this rout and dare to make them meet, I'll know that Fox has lost their minds for sure.  :laugh:

Samhain13

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jan 04, 2019, 03:36:01 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Jan 03, 2019, 08:04:47 PM

Hell no. Never in a million years, please.

Alien Isolation was great. Out of the Shadows was contrived but very well done IMO. Though if they go this rout and dare to make them meet, I'll know that Fox has lost their minds for sure.  :laugh:

And Fox haven't already? Didn't you see the deleted ending from The Predator? Some companies aren't looking for anything rational, they just want to see the franchises we like burn.

SM

SM

QuoteWho's to say he didn't outright lie to Ellen Ripley?

To what end?

Local Trouble

To conceal her daughter's past as a leader of the resistance, of course.

Samhain13

Just another small retcon Fox wouldn't mind doing.

Local Trouble

He also said she had no kids.  Maybe that was a lie too.  What if Ripley also has a granddaughter out there fighting a secret war against the evil forces of Weyland-Yutani?

Samhain13

That was already done on Sea of Sorrows, Alan Decker was a descendent of Ripley.

The Old One

The Old One

Please...

Empath Ripley lineage, Aliens wearing scuba gear, convenient amnesia adventures, hot glue Pathogen...
Colonial Marines at the fall of Hadley's Hope, 10ft Predators hunting for autism...

Don't remind me, there are some things that should just be buried and never spoken of...
AVPR, XenoGenesis, The Predator, OotS, RoP, SoS, The Rage War, F&S, L&D.

Valaquen

You can retcon anything, I guess. But for all intents and purposes, Burke is not lying when he tells Ripley about Amanda.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 07, 2019, 04:17:20 AM
He also said she had no kids.  Maybe that was a lie too.  What if Ripley also has a granddaughter out there fighting a secret war against the evil forces of Weyland-Yutani?

Apparently her distant cousin twice removed saw an Alien once.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed