Prometheus Writers Audio Commentary Preview

Started by ikarop, Sep 23, 2012, 04:33:02 PM

Author
Prometheus Writers Audio Commentary Preview (Read 71,582 times)

urvile

Yeah, so around 1:09:14 on the commentary, Lindelof says:

QuoteAt some point, I'm sure I'll talk extensively about why everybody needed to be so cagey about the prequel-ness of this movie, but uh... this commentary is probably not the time or the place

I'm a little confused by that statement. Was Fox enforcing their confidentiality agreement by holding their family hostage?  ???

RagingDragon

I just wanted to say my piece.  The goo bothered me, but I feel it's a minor problem.  It's what they did with the damned goo, or failed to do.

To me, goo + Engineer were the point of the entire story.  That's what I wanted to see.  Hell, the goo is already responsible for human life (in some form) and obviously also responsible for the Xenomorphs.  That moves it from sci-fi trope to central plot hinge.

Don't want to muddle the thread, though.  The Senate convening is a mighty fine idea.

Dat tea?

T Dog

Listening to the commentary right now.

One of Jon Spaihts favorite scenes in the script was when Fifield and Milburn argue so much that they ignore their tracking devices and get lost somehow.

Blacklabel

Actually that was one of Lindelof's favourite scenes.

T Dog

Actually he say's one of his favorite scenes is when they pussy out and want to go back to the ship, my mistake, but tremendous horror cliché boys. Top writing there.

He say's there's a scene cut where it shows them getting lost.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: tmjhur on Oct 15, 2012, 11:01:42 AMOne of Jon Spaihts favorite scenes in the script was when Fifield and Milburn argue so much that they ignore their tracking devices and get lost somehow.

At least that would provide some kind of explanation. They are catastrophically stupid after all.

whiterabbit

Yea it was all just a little misunderstanding here. When Fifield said that he loved rocks the Prometheus crew recruiters assumed he was a geologist. However we all know when Fifield said that he loved rocks, what he really meant was that he loved crack cocaine.

Valaquen

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 16, 2012, 02:52:37 AM
Yea it was all just a little misunderstanding here. When Fifield said that he loved rocks the Prometheus crew recruiters assumed he was a geologist. However we all know when Fifield said that he loved rocks, what he really meant was that he loved crack cocaine.
Money and rocks.

Makes sense!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed