0 (0%)
Queen (Aliens Fireteam Elite)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author
Best on-screen Alien (Read 9,357 times)

judge death

judge death

IT was a spider like creature with pincers from its head, and later grew wings in the end battle ine arths atmosphere onboard some flying ahrvester machine....
Later rewrites had it more like newborn but it also grew wings later and wanted to mate with ripley 8...

Myself would had prefered it to be something like corporate hicks: a big chap but deadlier, or something new and deadlier than a normal xenomorph and way better than the newborn who beyond its strenght being a big downgrade.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It should be a downgrade though. It is an aberration, in Alien Resurrection nothing's truly the real thing, the Alien's not the Alien we know and Ripley's not the Ripley we know.   

Kradan

Kradan

I'm glad they didn't go for "bigger and badder" approach with Newborn

Cocolyte

Cocolyte

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 25, 2022, 04:02:31 PM
Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Aug 25, 2022, 03:20:09 PMAlso, maybe a hot take, but I've always enjoyed the design and concept for the Newborn in Resurrection! I enjoy it's design and how it brings something new to the table, visually. Also conceptually the idea of a human/xeno hybrid, being born of a womb in a queen, and contrasting/mirroring Ripley 8, is really interesting to me. I just think that it's incredibly tacked on and comes out of nowhere in the plot, and ultimately not utilized to it's full body/cosmic horror potential.

@Cocolyte

@Cosmic Incubation

both unironically and ironically... BABBY <3

SiL

SiL

Alien Resurrection on the Play Station does a much better job with the story than the movie does. Even the Newborn feels less tacked on.

Kradan

Kradan

It actually makes it scary for one

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

You didn't find him scary when looking him in the eyes ?

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 28, 2022, 11:07:27 AMYou didn't find him scary when looking him in the eyes ?

Giving it eyes, I thought was a mistake. It humanises it - even though it's supposed to be partially human. I think just empty eye sockets would have made it more terrifying. Giving it eyes made it look sad and pathetic - which may've been the intention.

Myself, I've never liked the idea of the Newborn, nor its design. It reminds me of the 1988 Pumpkinhead creature.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Elmazalman on Aug 28, 2022, 11:43:58 AMGiving it eyes made it look sad and pathetic - which may've been the intention.

It was.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 28, 2022, 11:07:27 AMYou didn't find him scary when looking him in the eyes ?

Sorry, I should've phrased that better - I was talking about game adapting movie's events and actually adding horror element to them. That includes Newborn too

About your question - no, I didn't. As Emazalman pointed out eyes give that creature rather sad and pathetic look

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The Alien Resurrection videogame's nearly identical to Alien Isolation, only Isolation does not have an awful water level and had The Newborn equivalent chasing you most of the campaign, and instead of dealing with disposable Aliens the Working Joes fill that role instead. 

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Also PS1 draw distances can make anything moody and horrific.

SiL

SiL

And hardware limits meant you couldn't have wall to wall Aliens, so for an action Aliens shooter the Aliens are refreshingly tough to kill.

Cocolyte

Cocolyte

The scariest part of Resurrection is that such a pure and innocent babby could be so mercilessly and violently destroyed.

Also Ripley 7

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Aug 25, 2022, 06:18:51 PMTotally agree. I can see a version of the film where the Newborn would be cool and scary. It's just not used correctly. That fan rewrite of yours sounds pretty cool actually! Would be interested in taking a look at that.
I pm it now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed