First Official Photo

Started by ikarop, Jul 21, 2011, 07:47:48 PM

Author
First Official Photo (Read 34,742 times)

szkoki

szkoki

who said that there is a storm in that scene, maybe its just blurry or somekind of a light

maddriver

maddriver

Quote from: szkoki on Jul 22, 2011, 10:47:23 PM
who said that there is a storm in that scene, maybe its just blurry or somekind of a light

You can be right here. In fact I remember seeing the Predators trailer where at the end the main character gets targeted by multiple lasers, while in the movie it was actually just one. That proves that the promotional material (even the video footage) can be altered to serve marketing purposes.

I have said in a previous post, that the planet's landscape in the picture doesn't seem to be LV-426. The way the terrain looks and the complete absence of the rock pillars and arches indicates that this is another planet. The absence of the rocky formations can also be seen in the leaked production/set photos.

Therefore, the "storm" can be just added to the promotional material for people to recognize and say "hey, this looks just like the planet back in the old days". I might be wrong here, and I wish I was, but I do not fully trust the promotional material. Images can be altered, so can videos, to give us a different impression.

I am not saying that the photo is bad in any shape or form, just that we should take into consideration the facts stated above.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: maddriver on Jul 22, 2011, 11:06:34 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Jul 22, 2011, 10:47:23 PM

You can be right here. In fact I remember seeing the Predators trailer where at the end the main character gets targeted by multiple lasers, while in the movie it was actually just one. That proves that the promotional material (even the video footage) can be altered to serve marketing purposes.

I have said in a previous post, that the planet's landscape in the picture doesn't seem to be LV-426. The way the terrain looks and the complete absence of the rock pillars and arches indicates that this is another planet. The absence of the rocky formations can also be seen in the leaked production/set photos.

Therefore, the "storm" can be just added to the promotional material for people to recognize and say "hey, this looks just like the planet back in the old days". I might be wrong here, and I wish I was, but I do not fully trust the promotional material. Images can be altered, so can videos, to give us a different impression.

I am not saying that the photo is bad in any shape or form, just that we should take into consideration the facts stated above.

Yeah I'd go along with that. To be honest the "storm" thing was just a passing thought, I was more focused on the idea this might be part of a crashed or damaged ship, based on the prop from an earlier spoiler looking frayed and like part of some landing gear or a clamp, but I'm convinced the prop and the area I indicated (previous page) are the same thing at least.   

CainsSon

CainsSon

Maybe a ship is taking off... Maybe its a windy planet...Maybe its a wind storm...Could be a lot of things. And upon comparisson, that helmet's nose is still curious, but I agree the size doesnt make any sense unless she were to swell a LOT.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: CainsSon on Jul 23, 2011, 12:28:26 AM
Maybe a ship is taking off... Maybe its a windy planet...Maybe its a wind storm...Could be a lot of things. And upon comparisson, that helmet's nose is still curious, but I agree the size doesnt make any sense unless she were to swell a LOT.

Sorry if I am like the hundreth bloke to tell you this...but you mispelled John Hurt's character's name.  His last name was spelled "Kane".  So, your username should be KanesSon.  Again, apologies if this has already been pointed out.

Unless, of course, you were going for a Biblical reference, in which case your username should be "Enoch".   ;)

Shasvre

Shasvre

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=42834

Anyone know if that's really from the movie? :-\

azrael55

azrael55

Quote from: Laufey on Jul 25, 2011, 11:47:43 AM

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=42834

Anyone know if that's really from the movie? :-\

are you serious? that's certainly NOT from the movie itself but a snapshot of the site that they're staying at for the time of filming. you will neither see any of these helicopters or people with security vests running around in the movie.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: azrael55 on Jul 25, 2011, 01:11:33 PM
you will neither see any of these helicopters or people with security vests running around in the movie.

oh no!

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

Spoiler
It could be the archeological dig site.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's not. It's just a set picture. APN posted it a few days back.

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 25, 2011, 01:31:46 PM
It's not. It's just a set picture. APN posted it a few days back.
Is it in Iceland?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It is. But reading back over your post, then yes, it maybe. I mis-read it as to mean that's how you thought the scene would look with helicopters and security vested folk included. My apologies.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

The helicopter looks too 'today' to be something in the Alien universe (even if this is only 80 or 90 some odd years in the future)

Plus those look like portable trailers ... on the left (again, looking very much 'today' in standards)

I thought the Iceland shoot was for the the Prologue to life on Earth sequence, and that the fossil dig scene was to take place somewhere else.

Pn2501

Pn2501

I keep reading morocco as the dig site.

Glaive

Glaive

The film is called 'Prometheus'
'Prometheus' is about a theft from superior-beings/gods.
That picture is obviosly the theft in progress...

Ridley Scott is making a heist movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed