Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 18, 2019, 08:28:03 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood! (Read 114,806 times)

SM

Who would make such claims?

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

I suppose the folk that claimed it was canon in the first place.

But in terms of this series I could care less on the canonicity of it all. I'm simply excited about a new AVP story.

SM

Xiggz456

The folks involved with the "Weyland-Yutani Report" where events from F&S are mentioned.

SM

SM

Oh that.  Fair enough.

Shit changes though, eh?  :)

EDIT -
It changed when Alien 3 killed all the characters from previous films and comics, it changed when Resurrection negated all the other comics, it changed  (arguably) when Ridley created his own Weyland that ignored Andersons.  Some DH Press novels appear to exist in an odd vacuum with no link to the source material.  Games often go off an do their own thing with little to no reference to anything else.

And it'll all no doubt change again at some point.

The Old One

The Old One

If that's true, good.

Ultramorph

That's a shame. That cliffhanger for Life and Death still haunts me.

The Old One

The Old One

I'm glad, all of the aforementioned sucked, apart from the W-Y R. Unfortunately.

SuperiorIronman

Any links to the change or even a reason why it's now changed?

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Given that we're coincidentally having this discussion on the AvP Galaxy, forum the question is begged, what is the virtue or benefit of severing strict Alien/s story materials from the context of a greater fictional universe?  I'm very curious about the nuance of different people's viewpoints on this. Is it simply a marketing/persuasion technique appealing to snobbery, or does anyone out there believe it to be something more substantive? 

SM

Just let AvP be it's own thing that includes the films, games, comics, etc.

Samhain13

Make it all whole again Disney.

SM

Wouldn't surprise me if they started again and made it all one thing.

SpaceKase

happypred

At this point, I don't give a shit about whether AvP or Aliens vs. Predator or whatever is "canon"...just give me a comic/story/movie that doesn't suck

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed