Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 03, 2019, 11:27:02 PM

Author
Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership! (Read 80,889 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 19, 2019, 05:31:23 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 19, 2019, 02:33:43 AM
They should do the proper sequel to Aliens next with Ripley, Hicks and Newt for the big payoff that the masses have been hoping for for 30 years.  Then tie it in to another Scott prequel.  The prequel series must be completed regardless.  It would be unthinkable otherwise.

To all intents and purposes, it is completed. Any chance to continue Shaw's adventures and see her possibly get the answers to her questions has already unceremoniously died without trace. David 8 will go crazy with genetic abominations in the distant colony and somehow all of that will get wiped out of existence, sure, but I'm not sure watching 'Resident Evil: Alien' is something we need (especially as Scott wasn't even able to make the 'Covenant' shower scene anything other than generic, scare-wise).

And if we never see David 8 having any reason to know about or travel over to LV-426, that's fine with me.

I can imagine the Covenant traveling through space turned into a hive, with all kinds of abominations hanging around, while it's being closely followed by the Derelict.

windebieste

You mean, the Engineer ship that would become the Derelict.

Yeah.  Something like that.

-Windebieste.

Local Trouble

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 19, 2019, 05:42:41 PMEverything up until David started his antics at the temple was good, in my opinion.

Once it became an endless trudge of people just sitting around a fire while david goes off to wax philosophical, the movie just went right downhill for me. It's all together to slow and sloppy, from that point on. The only acorn in the midst of it all was when david was explaining his work to Oram in the Lab.

The movie had potential, but there's a change midway through that it just doesn't recover from.

This is basically exactly how I feel about it. Quite like the start, but once David arrives it really tanks, and that's despite Fassbender's David being the one thing I genuinely loved in the previous movie.

Corporal Hicks

I still find David interesting. For me, it's when the Alien shows up. 

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed. Of all the problems Covenant has, David is not one of them. He and the Neos are the best.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 20, 2019, 07:49:34 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Aug 19, 2019, 05:42:41 PMEverything up until David started his antics at the temple was good, in my opinion.

Once it became an endless trudge of people just sitting around a fire while david goes off to wax philosophical, the movie just went right downhill for me. It's all together to slow and sloppy, from that point on. The only acorn in the midst of it all was when david was explaining his work to Oram in the Lab.

The movie had potential, but there's a change midway through that it just doesn't recover from.

This is basically exactly how I feel about it. Quite like the start, but once David arrives it really tanks, and that's despite Fassbender's David being the one thing I genuinely loved in the previous movie.

I pretty much agree with this too, unfortunately.

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 20, 2019, 03:23:24 AM
I actually would've liked it better had the security team not been around and the movie focused on the couples actually pulling their own security. 

Kind of sorta happens anyways, but taking out the five or six extra characters and focusing more on the couples would've made their deaths less Weirzbowski and Crowe I reckon. 

Yeah I think at that point of the movie it should have felt more Vasquez and Drake etc..

JokersWarPig

IMO the movies biggest mistake has been its focus on AI rather than the Alien. I mean...the movie has Alien in the title after all, so why is all the focus being put on what is essentially a robot with daddy issues?

SM

'Cos it's bit more interesting than just a monster running around eating people.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Aug 20, 2019, 12:15:43 PM
IMO the movies biggest mistake has been its focus on AI rather than the Alien. I mean...the movie has Alien in the title after all, so why is all the focus being put on what is essentially a robot with daddy issues?

I dunno, the Alien was so poorly handled in Covenant. The Neomorph shines in comparison.

Quote from: SM on Aug 20, 2019, 12:22:54 PM
'Cos it's bit more interesting than just a monster running around eating people.

Right on the money.

Voodoo Magic

So then is the Xenomorph, as Ridley says, overcooked?

Evanus

To some extent maybe, but it really just depends on the execution too I'd say.

Voodoo Magic

I'd say execution too. To me the David A.I. component is not a necessity to make things interesting. Actually many might debate it has done the opposite.

Evanus

I think it helps make things interesting, but.. we also need things to be exciting. And I feel like the way the alien was handled in Covenant wasn't very exciting.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: SM on Aug 20, 2019, 12:22:54 PM

Then make it so it isn't just a monster running around eating people.

Quote from: Evanus on Aug 20, 2019, 12:56:21 PM
I think it helps make things interesting, but.. we also need things to be exciting. And I feel like the way the alien was handled in Covenant wasn't very exciting.

It felt a bit to much like an animal to me and the people I saw it with

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed