Alien 3 – Paranoia in Pinewood - Blog by Ralph Brown

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 13, 2016, 07:18:26 PM

Author
Alien 3 – Paranoia in Pinewood - Blog by Ralph Brown (Read 47,780 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://magicmenagerie.wordpress.com/2016/10/12/my-pop-life-171-praying-for-time-george-michael/

About halfway down, talking about his time filming Alien 3. I haven't read it yet but from what I've gathered it's a nice, honest take. Via CdL on Twitter.

Corporal Hicks

Very candid and a very enlightening read! Didn't realize (or forgot!) that Sigourney was giving everyone such a hard time on the shoot!

PsyKore

Wow, is the stuff with Sigourney serious? I can't imagine her being that much of a jerk.

Bad Replicant

Wow, nice find, man. Can't wait to read through this.

XenoZipper

Very cool read that was! Kudos on the find and sharing! Had a laugh at the "Hey! It occurs to me maybe she wants to f**k me!"

XENOMORPHOSIS

In some ways the revisions provided more of a character arc, admittedly turning him from your average every man to a low IQ comic relief may have been a let down for him. But the arc shows someone who's affiliated with the company, sees the error of their ways and rebels.

In Alien, Ash who we discover is a droid, robotic soulless company drone spying for the company to ensure the capture of the Alien regardless crew survives. Though he conveys a form of pity to the crew. "I can't lie to you about your chances but you have my sympathies."

In Aliens Burke is a company member who at first seems innocent reveals, he's human, relatible, has a job on the stake, he appears as he says "I work for the company but don't let that worry you I'm really an ok guy."
Until he reveals his true intentions wanting to obtain Alien specimens as the cost of Ripley, Newt and the Marines lives. He flees cowardly shutting the door on Ripley only to end up taken by the Aliens, in a deleted scene Ripley finds the cocooned Burke who's been impregnated and she gives him a grenade as a mercy killing.   

With Aaron he's a staff working for the company approval of their intentions as long as he gets out alive he has a wife and a kid to go back home to afterall. However when witnessing first hand the extent of how evil they're are, lying to Ripley about performing surgery to remove the Alien embryo to save her, shooting Morse in the leg for intervening, he rebels hitting Michael Bishop (Or Bishop II as credited) in the head, mistaking him for a droid,

His rebellion costs him his life but shows a form of redemption after his alliance with the evil Weyland Yutani company. That's an interesting arc, too bad they dumb down his character

THE CITY HUNTER

Amazing rare find.

Morose

Alien 3, as far as an alien film, was heading in the right direction. The films needed to be different in order to keep it fresh and innovative. Alien was horror, aliens was action. Alien 3, in my opinion,was supposed to be philosophical/spiritual, but failed. i feel like Prometheus attempted this and half succeeded/ half failed. Now they are heading back to horror with alien covenant. Maybe in the future, possibly alien 5, 6, or 7 philosophy/spirituality can be introduced and hopefully properly executed.
Alien 3 is an important film in that it teaches us what went wrong, and what not to do, and what to do, in the future.

Whiskeybrewer

Its was a fantastic read. Cant believe that about Sigourney though

Mr. Clemens

It's likely Sigourney was just winding everybody up for the sake of character.

Xenomorphine

Wow... I knew there was a bad mood during the production, but that paints an even darker picture of it.

Do wonder if Fincher, being such a fan of the first film, had asked Weaver to do what Kotto did to her on set. Haven't heard anything about that being the case, though, which makes me wonder if she was just feeling very bitter in general, because of what was happening. Even if she was, that was no excuse... But at least she apparently made an apology.

Bad Replicant

Crazy. I'd shell out some $$$ for a book of inside accounts like this from Alien 3. The Veronica Cartwright comments are a little... befuddling? The stuff about Sigourney certainly seems to jive with some of Paul McGann's comments about her in the documentary. :D

Inverse Effect

I once heard this story years ago, related to Alien 3 that Reason why Hicks and Newt got killed off was because Weaver wanted all of the star power and she didn't like That Michael Biehn's character was becoming so popular.

That's what i was told. But who knows.

SM

I'm not sure Weaver had even committed when Ward decided to kill them off.

gabelogan

gabelogan

I guess Sigourney was anxious about the whole production itself and nervous about everything and Fox amatourish way of producing the movie. Plus...what if she just didnt like the actor? Nobody could like everyone. Thats just the way it is imo.

By the way Sigourney is right about Aron's costume and hair. Its all about the immersion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed