AvP Extinction HD needed!

Started by Thunderjack88, Jul 02, 2014, 06:25:48 PM

Author
AvP Extinction HD needed! (Read 5,956 times)

Thunderjack88

Thunderjack88

Hey guys,

Massive fan of AvP:E and have to say that I felt the RTS system better for representing the Predators and Xenomorphs.

I was wondering how many people think that it deserves a HD Remake for consoles and PC?  I know it had a good fan base but the AvP films happened since then and put a lot of general gamers of the franchise.

PC would be great as its home to the RTS Genre and modders who would extend its life.

Prominentprime

Prominentprime

I am a fan of AVP Extinction and after playing all these new AVP game that was recently release I still have that empty feeling of missing the fun dominating the other race with your hordes of army. I would like to see AVP Extinction revamp for pc I know they will make a lot of money through it simply because with p.c the dev will be able to extend the amount of species and npc on the map since newer high end graphics and cpu have been out.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I agree. Starcraft was essentially an AvP RTS and I still think it'd make for an interesting experience.

Darkness

Darkness

HD upgrades really aren't all they're cracked up to be. I've played a lot on the PS3 and the graphics are always poor. It's hard going from playing great-looking PS3 games, to playing these HD upgrades of old games.

That said, you can already play AvP Extinction on the PC with a PS2 emulator and it works fine with a PS3 pad connected. I'll write a guide some time.

And yeah, I still go on Starcraft 2 from time to time. Extremely similar gameplay.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

I would sell my soul for a donut, I mean HD remake of Extinction.

It's a great little game for those of us who can look past its flaws. It just needs bigger pop caps, smarter AI, co_op,  online and offline multiplayer skirmishes. The graphics never bothered me, but to see the creatures presented in all their glory would be a treat.

Darkness, please do a guide. It's needed!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think a whole new game might be better. The scope of Extinction was limited by the platform. A PC one would be nice.

Nostromo

Nostromo

A new well made game like Extinction would go Platinum! This game was the bomb on console! All 3 campaigns were great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed