Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,744 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Nov 18, 2013, 08:26:27 PM
That's a Predalien yo. No idea why he's clear though.

So it is. I'll eat my words.

Think he was just showing the material. I sure hope the Predalien doesn't cloak!  :o

[cancerblack]

Having made it through the vid now, yeah they mention that's just a test piece they did to see how the material turns out.

Mr. Domino

So, couldn't be happier with their Q&A (Even if I did get back essentially "what a nerd" when I asked whether the May release of the KS stuff was tied into the 35th anniversary of Alien). The biggest takeaways, for me, were 28mm Linn Kurosawa and Dutch from the AVP Arcade game, and a storyline that will continue into future box sets, which just makes me ecstatic.

[cancerblack]

I'm very happy with the video too. I was starting to get some reservations about this, but between Prodos opening up a bit more and dat Praetorian, I'm 100% on board again.

PRJ_since1990

I'm watching this now. Very cool info coming in!
Power loader? Yes
High quality card stock? Yes
Size of game board? 270+ inches (didn't quite remember exactly)
Number of players? 1 - how ever many you want as long as they have their own squads
Customizability? Yes, you can interchange arms and heads. Put them in hot water and repose them and quick chill them to hold the pose!
Future expansions? Yes, the ship the game's story takes place on a ship. The ship will crash. The next expansion will be the planet.

Love it

Mr. Domino

Not to mention potential eventual fourth faction based around stickman.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Nov 18, 2013, 11:32:08 PM
Not to mention potential eventual fourth faction based around stickman.
Wait... seriously?

Mr. Domino

Yep. It was mentioned in the Q&A section - someone asked if W-Y would be added as a fourth faction, and they said no - that W-Y would be lumped in with marines, but that they were looking at adding factions somewhere down the line by digging really deep into the IP, and that the first thing they were looking at was stickman (presumably since he's the only living alien outside of Xenos, Preds, and Predhounds we see in any of the films, as they don't have the Prometheus license).

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I can't say I'm thrilled by that idea.

Power Loader, "Youngblood" Predators (AvP, presumably) and Crusher Alien all confirmed.

Xenomrph

Yeah me neither. I mean I'm willing to give it a go and see what happens, but I'm also not exactly hopeful.

They could dig into the EU and make another faction if they wanted - the Leading Edge' Aliens RPG has a couple ready to go for them (the Harvesters, Arcturians).

TorsoInvader

Wow those are some pretty great minis.Female pred is weird though. :-\

Also what the hell is  stickman?? ??? I assume it is that river ghost thing from predators.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 19, 2013, 02:58:56 PM
Yeah me neither. I mean I'm willing to give it a go and see what happens, but I'm also not exactly hopeful.

They could dig into the EU and make another faction if they wanted - the Leading Edge' Aliens RPG has a couple ready to go for them (the Harvesters, Arcturians).

Well Harvesters are pretty much animals, as are the EU Arcturians (movie ones have never been described.)

IMO having a 4th race would be interesting,as long as it is done correctly.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Still not happy that Steve Perry is the story writer of this project. Really don't dig his stuff, especially when it comes to anything related to ALIEN.

Fourth faction not being W&Y (or Engineers)? ...Really don't like the sound of that. The Arcturians are most likely just humans (a colony of transgendered / androgynous people or something like that) and not some Star Trekk alien species.

The Stickman species as its own faction implies a lot of freestyling for the game makers, which usually doesn't end well...

SiL

I'm less concerned about Perry being the writer as the makers not being able to tell the difference between the Alien and AvP designs. Shows a lot of love and attention to detail there.

I just hope their abilities are balanced well.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Nov 19, 2013, 10:22:13 PM
I'm less concerned about Perry being the writer as the makers not being able to tell the difference between the Alien and AvP designs. Shows a lot of love and attention to detail there.

I just hope their abilities are balanced well.

I've temporarily changed my tune on that, in the hopes that it's just some IT guy googling the word "aliens" and making the temp banners. I probably shouldn't, but I'm holding out hope that when they release the renders for the Warriors, we'll get a pleasant surprise.

In case you weren't up to speed, the unlocks with images straight from google search so far are (off the top of my head):

-Warriors
-Praetorian
-Crusher
-Sentry Guns
-Hellhounds
-Berserker Pred

SiL

They said the "Infant Warriors" are the Alien design and we've seen their Infant Warriors models. They're AvP.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed