"He couldn't see me"

Started by overthere, Jan 30, 2015, 09:42:21 AM

Author
"He couldn't see me" (Read 2,983 times)

overthere

overthere

That scene would have been better if Dutch just looked at the mud without saying anything. Predator is supposed to have amazing hearing, he listened to the team's conversations from far away. He should have been able to hear Dutch say that since he wasn't all that far at all.
It would also make a better scene because we'd get to the conclusion on our own, without Dutch explaining what obviously happened.

If I were Dutch, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion the Predator couldn't see me because of the mud so I'm safe to walk around with mud on me. I'd probably assume he couldn't see me because I was well hidden between the roots. Dutch was just lucky he made the right conclusion out of insufficient information.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Unfortunately they felt the need to explain it for idiots.

Jegeren

Jegeren

Gotta love Hollywood cliches that help the hero...

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I am guessing most if not all already know this but mud doesn't even hide your heat signature, so it shouldn't have worked anyway. In Predators, Royce had to use the background heat from the fire to hide his heat signature because the mud he used, didn't work.

Liberator

Liberator

The mud did hide his heat signature.  The way Dutch said "He couldn't see me," he could have been talking to himself.  He spoke out loud for the audience, but in the movie no one was there so he would have just thought that.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

In real life mud doesn't hide your heat signature, I think even mythbusters tried it out.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Even if it did, the mud would dry out in a few minutes and you'd be completely visible again.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Wacky science, people -- science fiction is filled with it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Let's be honest, nitpicking about mud in a film where a man carries a mnigun and fires it from the hip is kind of missing the point of the film...

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: overthere on Jan 30, 2015, 09:42:21 AM
That scene would have been better if Dutch just looked at the mud without saying anything.

I dunno, sometimes people exclaim things to themselves. I agree, it's probably to underline the fact for the audience, but at the same time it's not totally unbelievable he'd talk to himself. A lot of people do that.

Quote from: overthere on Jan 30, 2015, 09:42:21 AM
Predator is supposed to have amazing hearing, he listened to the team's conversations from far away.

The Predator was leaving at that point so it probably wasn't listening. I'd assume his mask has some capabilities of enhancing sound that he's actively listening to. That's my theory.

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

Judging from how they see once the mask is removed, their natural vision is so messed up that I wouldn't be surprised if a little mud served as adequate camouflage.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I'd have had it with him looking at the mud and then during the battle later after he's covered himself in mud again, when he's shooting the arrows, have him say "Cant see me can you". Make it a taunt

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Just do what john cena does in the mud "YOU CANT SEE ME" :D

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 13, 2015, 04:45:52 PM
Lmao. Dont think Cena would have lasted that long. "You cant See me" gets head ripped off lol

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 20, 2015, 11:45:21 AM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 13, 2015, 04:45:52 PM
Lmao. Dont think Cena would have lasted that long. "You cant See me" gets head ripped off lol
First the predator rips his hands off then his face :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed