Fangoria, anyone?

Started by SiL, Oct 17, 2007, 05:40:23 AM

Author
Fangoria, anyone? (Read 34,599 times)

SiL

SiL

The new Fangoria issue with all the news and pictures, etc. goes on sale on the 23rd, but I heard it would be released in some places on the 13th. Anybody found it yet? Someone mentioned seeing it on the IMDb, with a paraphrased quote from Colin about continuity and how it's preserved in the film.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Ya, I saw that on IMDb too.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Just got my copy today.

The facehugger looks like shit.  Whose bright idea was it to paint it like the Alien's fingers in A:R?

SM

SM

Well, giz a look then.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

At work right now, will take some snaps when I get home in a few hours.  No scanner, so don't get yer hopes up as to quality.  :)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Facehugger diddnt look too bad in the trailer.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 17, 2007, 06:31:08 AM
Just got my copy today.

The facehugger looks like shit.  Whose bright idea was it to paint it like the Alien's fingers in A:R?

I have NO idea what your talking about? I never saw a difference between the Alien/Aliens facehuggers and the one from A:R. Got a screenshot so I can compare them?

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: SyntaX on Oct 17, 2007, 08:03:38 AM
Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 17, 2007, 06:31:08 AM
Just got my copy today.

I have NO idea what your talking about? I never saw a difference between the Alien/Aliens facehuggers and the one from A:R. Got a screenshot so I can compare them?
He said you will see it later.  ;)

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SyntaX on Oct 17, 2007, 08:03:38 AM
I have NO idea what your talking about? I never saw a difference between the Alien/Aliens facehuggers and the one from A:R.

I didn't say the A:R facehugger, I said the Alien's fingers, as in the adult Alien's fingers.  I'll have some shots from Fango soon, promise.  (But while we're on it, I do think the floppy-sloppy hand puppet facehuggers used in A:R and AvP suck ass.  :) )

The more I look at the photo, the less I hate it, but I still hope it looks better on-screen than it does in print.

Moving on, the chestburster has a real weird bump on the back of its head.  I can't tell if it's a fold in the model's skin or if it's a design choice.  It looks, if you'll pardon the comparison, like the little bulge on the head of someone's dick.  It's easily the most penis-like a chestburster has ever been.  If your penis has teeth, that is.  :)

The last new photo is a shot of the dude with acid burning his face off.  It's a prosthetic job, so I guess they only supplemented the shot in CG, and didn't rely on CG alone.

All the other pictures are old, Reiko firing a big gun, AvP in sewer, Alien on car, Wolf stabbin' Chet, Wolf in sewer.

SiL

SiL

What was in the interview itself? Same old shit?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Any new info?

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

The whole article is very much the same hyperbole we've been eatin' for months now, but this little bit caught my eye:  (It's not new info, but more specific than we've had before)

Quote"Yep," nods Greg, "And to everyone's relief, this actually will not break the series' continuity."

Colin leans in and makes an emphatic assurance, "This movie will be canon.  It will be faithful to the movies' history."

"It all gets taken care of," Greg continues.  "Great effort has been put in - and only time will tell how successful we are - about sticking to what has been established."

It all sounds good except for the "time will tell" caveat.  That doesn't sound like the words of a man dead-certain about something to me.

Here's the bit I hope is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth...
Quote"We are maintaining continuity to both of the franchises," Colin adds, grinning like someone in on a really good secret, "not reinventing stuff or creating new rules for the Aliens and Predators."

If that's true, I'll be happy.  If they're just blowing smoke to hide "a surprise" I'll be f*ckin' pissed.

And of course, I'll assume when they say they're staying true to the previous films, they don't mean AvP. ;)

SiL

SiL

So that means all PredAliens have big Queen heads?

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 17, 2007, 08:36:44 AM
It's easily the most penis-like a chestburster has ever been.  If your penis has teeth, that is.  :)
Penis-like Chestburster...
Flying vagina-like Facehugger (as Colin said before)...
All the Alien lifestyles are nothing but sexualtiy.  ;D

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xerxész on Oct 17, 2007, 10:02:54 AM
All the Alien lifestyles are nothing but sexualtiy.  ;D
That was ... sort of the ... point. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed