Dark Horse Announces Predator Hunters III!

Started by Katanu, Nov 13, 2019, 06:11:03 PM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Predator Hunters III! (Read 58,151 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 21, 2020, 05:13:31 PM
I agree. But Hunters 1 was still very much required and still excellent in its own right. I still stand by what I said in my review of it - it's like a pilot episode.

A pilot episode is really a terrific description for it!

Thunderjack88

It was good to see Dutch's Brother back, after fire and stone I wasnt sure if it was a general reboot to the Predator comics cannon with Hunters then being the only cannon Predator comic but hey hes back so it's all considered DH Predator cannon.

-TJ88

Corporal Hicks

Enjoyed #2! Continuing to love Thies artwork, and am very excited to see Hunters bringing in even more of the Predator comic past. I've been re-reading Cold War actually (well, the whole Essentials Vol.1) so was good timing!

Spoiler
I am so glad Schaefer's name is something so average like that. I just think it works. Did anyone guess John earlier in the thread? Loved the King Willie callback as well. That was cool.

I wonder how the Predator dynamic is going to play out. Curious to see if it's a parent/child or teacher/student type situation. Though I did like the drowning thing. Need to add Hell and Hot Water to the re-read list after I've done with Dark River.
[close]

Voodoo Magic

While I'm not a big fan of Cold War, I do like me some Predator: Hell & Hot Water!

426Buddy

426Buddy

I want to like cold war but it's always felt a little boring. To be honest i'm not the biggest fan of the whole Schaefer story line even if I have a strong nostalgic attachment to it. I do like the character and I just love the idea of bringing these older characters back and doing some better with them.

H&HW is a good one, still remember when that was released. I think I ordered the singles in the mail at the time lol. But that predator had a really cool aquatic design to his armor and weapons.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 24, 2020, 02:16:40 PM
I want to like cold war but it's always felt a little boring. To be honest i'm not the biggest fan of the whole Schaefer story line even if I have a strong nostalgic attachment to it. I do like the character and I just love the idea of bringing these older characters back and doing some better with them.

H&HW is a good one, still remember when that was released. I think I ordered the singles in the mail at the time lol. But that predator had a really cool aquatic design to his armor and weapons.

Agreed. I found the whole Schaefer run rather lackluster, except for the great, great first issue of Concrete Jungle and portions of Dark River. Quite frankly, other than some diamonds in the rough like 1718 and H&HW, I'm more down than up on the entire Predator comic history. That's why I'm so thrilled with the Hunters series. Never to me has Predator comics been this consistently good!  :)

Corporal Hicks

Looks like #3 has been pushed back to May 13th.

JokersWarPig

Probably for the best, I'd say every physical location for comics is closed right now for being non-essential.

Voodoo Magic

Corporal Hicks

I had been hoping we'd still get the digital releases myself. But alas.

426Buddy

After this they need an Ahab solo story.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 02, 2020, 12:37:06 AM

But first we need Mandy Graves' story in Hunters IV!  :)

Corporal Hicks

I'd like to see more of Mandy and Enoch. They seemed to be setting something up there and I'd love to see that play out.

Kradan

Oh yeah. His story is the best in F&S

Wysps

Ahab story, all the way. I'd love to read an actual novel about him, but a graphic novel will do.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed