Spoilers: Xenomorph origin revealed

Started by genocyber, Mar 13, 2017, 09:15:14 PM

Author
Spoilers: Xenomorph origin revealed (Read 50,412 times)

rabidranger

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 22, 2017, 04:00:26 PM
Quote from: rabidranger on Mar 22, 2017, 03:56:17 PM
I hadn't seen that report before. Interesting. My question is what is David's motive in working with the Company? Is he just going along to ensure that they send the Covenant so he can have some more lab rats? It doesn't appear there's any love lost where humanity is concerned.

It is perhaps, worth noting, that David was 'programmed' by Weyland and thus the Company, and while it seems he has been entirely liberated, there may be some desire to report back to W-Y on his part.

That's true. That seemed to be what influenced Ash's actions.

Predaker

The image was from the Prometheus facebook page 4 years ago. Apparently the company went to LV-223 to find out what happened with the project failure.

"Declassified: In researching the aftermath of Project Prometheus, Weyland Industries managed to uncover an information manual written by the Engineers concerning a chemical agent found by the Prometheus crew. Linguistic components from the original document translated by a Weyland Industries' cybernetic individual."

CainsSon

Quote from: Predaker on Mar 22, 2017, 07:35:51 PM
The image was from the Prometheus facebook page 4 years ago. Apparently the company went to LV-223 to find out what happened with the project failure.

"Declassified: In researching the aftermath of Project Prometheus, Weyland Industries managed to uncover an information manual written by the Engineers concerning a chemical agent found by the Prometheus crew. Linguistic components from the original document translated by a Weyland Industries' cybernetic individual."

I dont care where we've read this, unless it was IN the film and without a shred of doubt at that, as far as Ridley Scott, Fox and any writer is concerned, it's not canon.

Predaker

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 22, 2017, 08:21:59 PM

I dont care where we've read this, unless it was IN the film and without a shred of doubt at that, as far as Ridley Scott, Fox and any writer is concerned, it's not canon.

Well if it had been featured in a trailer or on disc with commentary from Ridley it would hold some weight for discussion but that was the point when I first mentioned it was part of the internet marketing of Prometheus. It doesn't hold any weight, much less prove that David contacted the company. The description with the image itself states the company gathered this knowledge from an engineer "info manual."

ChrisPachi

Special Order 937 is finally making some sort of sense.

Vermillion

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 23, 2017, 02:01:57 PM
Special Order 937 is finally making some sort of sense.

What, like kill all the Jedi?

lol

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Personally, i love the idea of what David is/will be doing in Covenant. Artificial intelligence made by man (man playing god) creating something horrific (xenos) to counter man's indiscressions is poetic imo. As for people trying to disprove the merits if this story arch with facehuggers being on the mural in Prometheus, I think thats a reach. The design cant even be seen in the film and i honestly think it was more of a tribute to Giger because they didnt really use his concepts and didnt want to cut his involvement all together.

hfeldhaus

If David is the creator of the 'Original Xenomorph' I hope we get to see it and its not played off screen.

I'd also like to see an Elden kind of transformation, be it Shaw or David. It was a great concept in Fire and Stone, just executed poorly.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Predaker on Mar 22, 2017, 08:45:08 PM

Well if it had been featured in a trailer or on disc with commentary from Ridley it would hold some weight for discussion but that was the point when I first mentioned it was part of the internet marketing of Prometheus. It doesn't hold any weight, much less prove that David contacted the company. The description with the image itself states the company gathered this knowledge from an engineer "info manual."

Yeah. I think that when it surrounds the film, as in special features or in a disc menu, websites, and the like, or viral marketing and etc - I think they should be more careful about this stuff. They certainly don't intend to reference it in the films/make it canonical. With Prometheus, my take on all that stuff in the menus and on the blu-ray, is that Fox heard feedback about stuff not making sense and tried to make the Blu-Ray include 'answers' of some sort, and that's why all this varied info was thrown in. I take it with a fine grain of salt.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Mar 28, 2017, 03:15:03 PM
I'd also like to see an Elden kind of transformation, be it Shaw or David. It was a great concept in Fire and Stone, just executed poorly.

Yeah, I'd really dig seeing something like that on screen. It's just begging to be done with all the black goo shenanigans. Hopefully it'll look something truly Giger-esque.

YesVeryNice

YesVeryNice

Quote from: Neomorph on Mar 13, 2017, 11:44:37 PM
This is sounding less and less plausible.

We already have a mural show that xenos existed already and I've already pointed out its physically impossible to have a handful of xeno eggs.

1) That is not a Xenomorph. It is either a Neomorph, Protomorph, a Deacon, or an ancient species of alien with similar structure.
2) "Handful", as in several. Not literally a "hand full of eggs". Was it really that hard for you to figure out?
3) Check the trailer with the Face Hugger jumping out and look who is standing in the background.
4) It was revealed by Ridley Scott himself. Accept it.

Goodbye.

DerelictShip

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 29, 2017, 09:18:59 AM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Mar 28, 2017, 03:15:03 PM

Yeah, I'd really dig seeing something like that on screen. It's just begging to be done with all the black goo shenanigans. Hopefully it'll look something truly Giger-esque.

What is this Elden transformation, do you have pictures?

ReluctantNerd

Regarding the xenomorph mural in Prometheus, I think the only reason that it's in the movie is because it was made for a previous version of the script in which the creature already existed in its final form, and that they didn't bother to replace it as a lot of work probably went into it and they were not even sure where they would be going with the story in possible sequels.

However, if after the next few movies in this series EVERYTHING (who knows, maybe they did have an ingenious master plan!) in Prometheus makes sense, I will eat my hat and post pictures of me doing so.

cliffhanger

i thus shall hold this claim, to which i agree, exactly 100% similar to the derelict still being intact. and no, i don't need another 'lecture' from SM.
the movies are canon.

episodenone

If you choose in any way to believe that the mural was there because they simply didn't remove it... you're just not seeing the forest for the trees.

I know we all like debating every last piece of this ad nauseum -- but Occam's Razor -- the mural exists because the Engineers at some point are aware of the fact that some form of Alien exists or existed.

Whatever happens in this movie does not change that.  Nor is there any reason to force that to be the case.

On a separate note:
Maybe the Prologue to Prometheus happens on a planet with no life because of what the goo does when it corrupts something already alive.  The Engineers were there to create a Hellish world.
We still have to presume that regardless of what planet that actually is - The Engineers met Earthlings and at some point were encouraging them to visit outer space.  Considering that they were inviting humans that had barely discovered fire -- how would they know who to expect down the road?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed