Best Pictures from The Prequels

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 05, 2015, 01:47:35 PM

Author
Best Pictures from The Prequels (Read 125,778 times)

Corporal Hicks

It feels like he's going to retcon the retcon and have the Engineers not be the Jockeys.

Master

Master

Yeah, it seems he`s going with fallen angels pretending to be god angle.

Corporal Hicks

The first.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It was a certain someone's birthday yesterday.

Seeing double.  :P

Corporal Hicks

It's Charles De Lauzirika's birthday today. One of the best things to ever happen to the Alien series.

Corporal Hicks

He loves rocks.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And another Idris one! It's his birthday today.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I really wish they had used this design for the juggernaut if only to make it unambiguously clear that it wasn't the derelict from Alien:

Quote from: Infected on Jul 12, 2016, 08:11:03 PM
Not to be hating, but those tall white guys took a lot of the magic surrounding the original jockey away,
didnt Ridley see it when he was working on Prometheus?
Didnt he got any feedback from Giger?
We went from 30 years seeing that thing in a undefined state and now we are here and its just two tall white guys in a skeleton suit, i bet they cant even jump neither ;)

Here's a good article to read about that: https://alienseries.wordpress.com/2012/10/20/engineer-architecture/

QuoteSteven Messing, the film's visual effects art director, and the other artists tried to shoehorn in Giger's aesthetic wherever they could, usually bartering with Scott and Max to include more of a Giger influence on the Engineers' technology and architecture. The artists took everything they had designed thus far and infused it with more of a biomechanic coating than they had included previously.

"I think he [Scott] just didn't want the Giger style to be necessarily the driving force behind the look," said David Levy, "there had to be more, something smarter in the terms of what's the background of those Engineers – and then we infused them with the Giger style."

In short, blame Ridley.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 13, 2016, 07:16:25 AM
It feels like he's going to retcon the retcon and have the Engineers not be the Jockeys.

I haven't been keeping up with current events, but how did you arrive at that idea?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 10, 2016, 10:37:58 PM
I really wish they had used this design for the juggernaut if only to make it unambiguously clear that it wasn't the derelict from Alien:

It can't roll. Which is why they went with the old design and made it even rounder.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 10, 2016, 10:37:58 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 13, 2016, 07:16:25 AM

I haven't been keeping up with current events, but how did you arrive at that idea?

There's a discussion about that here: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55036.0

Bughunter S. Thomson

Nostromo

Nostromo

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed