Rotten Tomatoes Prediction...

Started by Chris Redfield, May 28, 2010, 09:49:32 PM

What percentage did you think this movie is going to earn in Rotten Tomatoes?

0 - 10%
7 (3.6%)
10 - 20%
3 (1.5%)
20 - 30%
2 (1%)
30 - 40%
7 (3.6%)
40 - 50%
8 (4.1%)
50 - 60%
28 (14.2%)
60 - 70%
50 (25.4%)
70 - 80%
56 (28.4%)
80 - 90%
21 (10.7%)
90 - 100%
15 (7.6%)

Total Members Voted: 190

Voting closed: Jul 27, 2010, 09:49:32 PM

Author
Rotten Tomatoes Prediction... (Read 31,355 times)

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on May 29, 2010, 01:38:31 AM
What is this I dont even...
Rotten Tomatoes is a website devoted to reviews, information, and news of films, most widely known as a film review aggregator. Rotten Tomatoes includes online reviews from authors that are certified members of various writing guilds or film critic associations.

The staff then determine for each review whether it is positive ("fresh", marked by a small icon of a red tomato) or negative ("rotten", marked by a small icon of a green splattered tomato). The website keeps track of all of the reviews counted (which can approach 270 for major, recently released films) and the percentage of positive reviews is tabulated. If the positive reviews make up 60% or more, the film is considered "fresh" in that a supermajority of the reviewers approve of the film.

If the positive reviews are less than 60%, then the film is considered "rotten".

In this topic, we, the members of this forum, are going to predict the percentage on what the movie is going to have when it's release in theatres. Do you get it now?

Anto of the Sand

I was referring to the previous post. :)

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

Then why did you made me "Copy & Paste" all of those stuff! Angry!

Nightmare Asylum

I really don't care what Rotten Tomatos, or anyone else, thinks. If I like a movie then I like a movie.

Anto of the Sand

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 29, 2010, 02:17:23 AM
I really don't care what Rotten Tomatos, or anyone else, thinks. If I like a movie then I like a movie.
Can't argue with that really.
Kudos to you. :D

dallevalle

dallevalle

And this also proves why rotten tomatoes sucks !!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/terminator_3_rise_of_the_machines/  yeah the rating speaks for itself ( it clearly do not deserve that)

And while ......

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/predator_2/ is rated that low !!! ?? ( come on!....)

Anto of the Sand

Lol.
Thats a farce, well spotted Dalle. ;D

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

RT rating are based on critics ratings, and if the critics like P3 a lot then it will have a decent rating. I say the movie will be around 50% - 65%, if we are lucky then I say 70%.

50% is not that bad, and it's pretty close on being passable.

Master

Master

Quote from: dallevalle on May 29, 2010, 02:23:39 AM
And this also proves why rotten tomatoes sucks !!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/terminator_3_rise_of_the_machines/  yeah the rating speaks for itself ( it clearly do not deserve that)

And while ......

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/predator_2/ is rated that low !!! ?? ( come on!....)

Perfect example that there`s no better movie critic then you own taste.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Movie will be awesome. Even rotten will give it 80%+

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Doomofman on May 28, 2010, 11:35:51 PM
TBH... I don't care what others think of it... I KNOW I'm gonna love it... that's all I need

Exactly.
I don't give a shit about any other people's opinon. If all people in the world will hate this film, I will not care about it because I will like it.
What is important is my own satisfaction.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I don't and I never will even care for what "Critics", feelingless Money Vampires, think about Films. And Rotten Tomatoes is nothing more.
10% or 100%, it won't be any different.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

QuoteI don't and I never will even care for what "Critics", feelingless Money Vampires, think about Films. And Rotten Tomatoes is nothing more.

It will. I like tomatoes (in general), and I love Predators. So I want them to get along ;D ;D
Joke aside I don't really get why what the critics say is that important. I wouldn't go as far as they are feelingless vampires, they're doing their job to give us an glimpse on the movie. So reading many critics' reviews can widen one's view on the topic.
But: it doesn't and shouldn't mean one makes up an opinion due to others likes or dislikes. I don't get if someone says he won't see a movie because he heard it's bad.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

I don't really care what rating Rotten Tomatoes gives Predators but if I was a guessing man I'd say anything between 40-45% at the most.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: 08yeyinde on May 29, 2010, 01:44:11 PM
QuoteI don't and I never will even care for what "Critics", feelingless Money Vampires, think about Films. And Rotten Tomatoes is nothing more.

It will. I like tomatoes (in general)
Who doesn't?

Dayum.

Joke aside I don't really get why what the critics say is that important. I wouldn't go as far as they are feelingless vampires, they're doing their job to give us an glimpse on the movie. So reading many critics' reviews can widen one's view on the topic.
Or get the opinion of Critics/who paid them for say so.

But: it doesn't and shouldn't mean one makes up an opinion due to others likes or dislikes. I don't get if someone says he won't see a movie because he heard it's bad.
Unfortunately there are many... :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed