What do people have against this game?

Started by predxeno, May 18, 2010, 11:08:12 PM

Author
What do people have against this game? (Read 30,695 times)

Randomizer

Randomizer

I looked for this game to play it on the PS2 too , yet none of my friends had it . And I couldn't find it anywhere , not even on a rag fair but I found a good copy of the game on the internet and I decided to order it . 

Hope it's worth it .

Dark Blade1

The game is fun you can do what ever you want do you can kill robots do double jumps it is a very awsome game but one part when you have to fight the aliens which is dumb why are aliens in that game it is only for predators.

The Shuriken

So, the past week, I've been in a big Predator mood. I figure I break out Concrete Jungle, see if it's still playable. There was a whole year where my copy went without a case. Just hanging around, getting scratched and collecting dust. I did end up finding the case, and locked the game up for a long while. Up until last week that is. To my surprise, the game was actually playable, start to finish. The only problem I noticed was music skipping and repeating. I was pretty impressed, my copy of the game took a beating, and here it is still working just fine. My file was erased, I don't remember actually doing so, but I didn't mind starting over. Some things are still quite annoying, such as no in-mission checkpoints. But I still had fun, just like the old days.

It's too bad this game didn't have a cheat for infinite energy and ammo for the spear gun and mines. They had a hardmode, why not use it for that purpose? Ah well, that's what codebreaker is for.

happypred

Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 19, 2014, 01:30:09 AMIt's too bad this game didn't have a cheat for infinite energy and ammo for the spear gun and mines. They had a hardmode, why not use it for that purpose? Ah well, that's what codebreaker is for.

I play this game on the PC with codebreaker (infinite energy and ammo, yes please). It actually looks pretty good with high resolution. 

The Shuriken

I last played it on a 1080p tv. It looked....not so great. Really choppy at times. :laugh:

happypred

Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 24, 2014, 06:48:49 PM
I last played it on a 1080p tv. It looked....not so great. Really choppy at times. :laugh:

On PS2, right?

lost dragon

Thread bump, but during a mass clear out, stumbled across OXM's Extended Play (a B/W nnewsletter thing subscribers used to get with each copy) and issue 30's leads with Predator:Concrete Jungle.

I had NO idea the exec.producer, David Stalker had worked on PC AVP games previousily, nor the script was penned by comic writer Grant Morrison.

There's a mini-interview with David Stalker, where he said they went with a 3rd person viewpoint as it enabled them to show off the Predators looks, weapons and agility much more than a 1st person viewpoint would of enabled and jumping was a lot easier using this viewpoint also.....

Cheeky blighter never said anything about the camera being a pain in 3rd person games, inc this one though...hmmn.

Corporal Hicks

Any chance you could scan it up?

lost dragon

It's going in same parcel of misc clippings i'm sending to Unseen64, which includes coverage of....wait for it :-)

Interviews relating to: Predator concrete Jungle/Jez San (and his overly optimistic plans for the SNES SFX Chip)/Armed And Dangerous/Half Life (DC) Timeshift (Xbox)/Falcone Into The Maelstorm....

Lost Games screens inc:BC/The Red Star (Xbox)/ Roots/Plague Of Darkness,
Starcraft Ghost, Kameo (xbox), Starship Troopers/X3 (Xbox)/ Zombies/Snow /Buck
Bucc/ Apocalyptia/ 4 Horsemen/Sabotage1943/100 Bullets/Dead Rush/
Iron Phoenix/canned scenes from HL2 (PC)/ missing weapons from Armed+Dang,
/Land Of The Dead/Team SAS/6 Guns/Vultures/Freefall 3050AD/Pillage/Black 9/ A Sound Of Thunder etc etc....

So might be a while before it's up and online.

Corporal Hicks

Fair enough! Would you be kind enough to pop a link over here when they post it up?  :)

lost dragon

I will indeed.

I'll see IF he can make it 1 of the 1st things he post's up :-) but theres a lot of material and i'm not sure what his plans are.

It's his site/book after all............

:-)

lost dragon

A thought occurs.....

Would it be easier/more useful IF from that WIP parcel for Unseen64, i dug out the said interview, sent it via snail mail to yourself and you could scan it, put it up for all to enjoy on here?.

Corporal Hicks

That sounds good to me, dragon.

lost dragon

:-) Sweet.

If you could PM me details of wshere to send it, i'll dig it out and send it on.

HuDaFuK

Would you mind sending a copy on to me, Hicks? You should have my email address.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed