Spoilers: Xenomorph origin revealed

Started by genocyber, Mar 13, 2017, 09:15:14 PM

Author
Spoilers: Xenomorph origin revealed (Read 51,133 times)

newagescamartist

I'm clearly in the minority here, but if David ends up being the creator of the xenomorph, I think it adds depth to the series. It's not like he's the creator of the black goo or whatever the catalyst is, he's just putting things that have existed for centuries into a new order. The xenomorph clearly has human and synthetic attributes so it's actually pretty logical from a narrative standpoint to have a synthetic create it via experiments, possibly to be a biological container for its consciousness. It was clear after Prometheus that Scott was going for a re-telling of the Gnostic's Fall of Sophia myth and this just adds more credence to that set up. Bring it on. Xenomorphs are no longer just bugs, they're demonic synthetic beasts created by a demi-urge like entity. That's the stuff of nightmares. That's what Giger was tapping into. His Necronomicon is proof that he was more interested in the corruption aspect of spirituality than he was extraterrestrials.

And to ease the frustration a little bit: If this ends up being true, Scott has expanded the Alien universe so other types of extraterrestrials can make appearances down the line. The xenomorph might be a creation of David, but who knows what else is out there. We're going to see a whole lot more if Scott can deliver here. IMO.

Kurai

Kurai

This really deeply dissapoints me. I've been finding ways to explain it away in my head for as long as there have been hints but this seems to be solid proof that this ridiculous premise is true.

I guess I need to resign myself to the fact Hoping that it won't be true somehow will just sour the whole movie when it turns out it is.

What's next, Aliens shedding their carapaces to reveal they're just the larval stage of giant albinos? Ha! You thought that was just a flight suit, didn't you?

newagescamartist

Yes, I think it needs to be said again. The mural depicts a deacon, not a xenomorph. It's an important distinction. The xenomorph, while similar to a deacon, is quite different aesthetically. The long tail, the inner jaw, the bio-mechanical tubing, the human skull, etc. The mural doesn't contradict anything. We can only speculate at this point about the nature of a full grown deacon, but it's possible that a deacon is more...let's say, intellectual than a xenomorph. While highly improbable, maybe deacons are the antithesis of the xenomorph. Either way, the mural indicates that the deacon is an ancient entity, and David being the creator of the xenomorph doesn't mean he's the creator of the ancient catalyst. He's just manipulating it. If anything, this should make people salivate for more deacon information.

Kurai

Kurai

Quote from: newagescamartist on Mar 14, 2017, 02:56:27 AM
Yes, I think it needs to be said again. The mural depicts a deacon, not a xenomorph.

No, it even features eggs and facehuggers. It was drawn by Giger specifically to represent the Alien lifecycle.

newagescamartist

Quote from: Kurai on Mar 14, 2017, 03:08:59 AM
Quote from: newagescamartist on Mar 14, 2017, 02:56:27 AM
Yes, I think it needs to be said again. The mural depicts a deacon, not a xenomorph.

No, it even features eggs and facehuggers. It was drawn by Giger specifically to represent the Alien lifecycle.

The creature in the center is clearly not a xenomorph. It's certainly, xeno-like, but its features align with the features of the deacon almost perfectly. No tail, pointed head ( as opposed to a rounded head ), and no biomechanical attributes. I'm not up to date on the spoilers, but it's possible that facehuggers and eggs play another pivotal role that we're not aware of. It's possible that eggs and facehuggers are important in the genesis of a typical deacon like creature. Or it's also possible that the mural doesn't matter at all in the grand scheme of things. Who knows. Maybe it's just artistic license. Maybe there was some cross-up. I just know that the creature is the center looks an awful lot more like a deacon than a xenomorph.

NickisSmart

Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Mar 13, 2017, 10:02:51 PM
He's not creating them. He's re-creating them. IMO.

Exactly.

Kurai

Kurai

Quote from: newagescamartist on Mar 14, 2017, 03:24:24 AM

The creature in the center is clearly not a xenomorph. It's certainly, xeno-like, but its features align with the features of the deacon almost perfectly. No tail, pointed head ( as opposed to a rounded head ), and no biomechanical attributes. I'm not up to date on the spoilers, but it's possible that facehuggers and eggs play another pivotal role that we're not aware of. It's possible that eggs and facehuggers are important in the genesis of a typical deacon like creature. Or it's also possible that the mural doesn't matter at all in the grand scheme of things. Who knows. Maybe it's just artistic license. Maybe there was some cross-up. I just know that the creature is the center looks an awful lot more like a deacon than a xenomorph.

While there's no accounting for retroactive continuity, the mural specifically shows the Alien lifecycle as conceptualized by H R Giger. It's an artistic representation, saying that it isn't an Alien because it's a low detail representation is like saying a stick figure doesn't represent a human.

Regardless of what continuity does to explain it away, it was to represent H R Giger's concept art for the Alien lifecycle, thus it can't be anything other than an Alien until retconned to be otherwise. That's simple undisputable fact.

newagescamartist

Quote from: Kurai on Mar 14, 2017, 03:38:28 AM

While there's no accounting for retroactive continuity, the mural specifically shows the Alien lifecycle as conceptualized by H R Giger. It's an artistic representation, saying that it isn't an Alien because it's a low detail representation is like saying a stick figure doesn't represent a human.

Regardless of what continuity does to explain it away, it was to represent H R Giger's concept art for the Alien lifecycle, thus it can't be anything other than an Alien until retconned to be otherwise. That's simple undisputable fact.

The stick figure analogy doesn't make sense. The mural is an extremely detailed piece of artwork, but I'm not disputing the intent behind the image. I'm saying that within the context of Prometheus, it's showing an entity that has more similarity with a deacon than a xenomorph. I don't think that's an accident. My whole point is that if David is credited with creating the xenomorph, it doesn't contradict anything we've seen in the films so far, aside from AVP and AVP:R. You see a xenomorph and I see a deacon. At this point, I'm for agreeing to disagree. Cheers, we're nerds!  ;D

Kurai

Kurai

Quote from: newagescamartist on Mar 14, 2017, 04:04:19 AM
Cheers, we're nerds!  ;D

Geeks, damnit, not nerds! XD

newagescamartist

Necronomicon II

As the "Prometheus Art of the Film" book states, the mural depicts a "Giger-esque" creature, and thus is not the classic star beast.

Somehow I'm fine with the idea David re-fining or engineering it into a more "perfect" creation, it's like taking a wild fruit and making it more aesthetically beautiful, the question remains whether it had actually been done before (the derelict), and given Scott's comments about A.I. not being authentic creators there may be further revelations here regarding all of this.

Deadmac

Quote from: newagescamartist on Mar 14, 2017, 04:04:19 AM
Quote from: Kurai on Mar 14, 2017, 03:38:28 AM

The stick figure analogy doesn't make sense. The mural is an extremely detailed piece of artwork, but I'm not disputing the intent behind the image. I'm saying that within the context of Prometheus, it's showing an entity that has more similarity with a deacon than a xenomorph. I don't think that's an accident. My whole point is that if David is credited with creating the xenomorph, it doesn't contradict anything we've seen in the films so far, aside from AVP and AVP:R. You see a xenomorph and I see a deacon. At this point, I'm for agreeing to disagree. Cheers, we're nerds!  ;D

Just to inform you, the Mural also has artwork of facehugger and an engineer getting face hugged, implying that the typical Alien life cycle existed much before the events of Prometheus.

The mural creature could be an Ultramorph or a Deacon or some ancestral form of Xenomorph.

What David would presumably do is recreate the life cycle and create a Xeno morph. But he couldn't possibly have created the alien lifecycle as such.

AsapJockey

Um the theory was that David just add the biomechanoid part to this species made from the ancients, cuz that monster attacking Tennesse or whatever is not the classic xeno

FreeFacehugz

Quote from: reecebomb on Mar 13, 2017, 10:19:51 PM
Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Mar 13, 2017, 10:02:51 PM
He's not creating them. He's re-creating them. IMO.

This is something some of the fans have made up to lessen the blow. There's a slim this could be true, but i doubt it.
How is it slim?
There is a mural of an egg and facehugger in prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed