DH Announces Alien: Rescue (Amanda Ripley’s Story Continues)

Started by Ultramorph, Feb 20, 2019, 04:32:00 PM

Author
DH Announces Alien: Rescue (Amanda Ripley’s Story Continues) (Read 42,992 times)

The Old One

The Old One

;D

The Cruentus

"With Weyland-Yutani ever-threatening"

sighs, this is getting tiresome. I know I am sounding like a broken record as well but come on, they should have a new antagonist or at least a plot that doesn't involve W-Y/some other corporation in a negative light.

SM

It's part of a series.  Why wouldn't it have the Company as a baddie?

The Old One

The Old One

A new foe is a refreshing idea.

But yes, it is all part of the same overarching story from Defiance, Resistance, Rescue etc.

Frosty Venom

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 03, 2019, 04:31:06 AM
A new foe is a refreshing idea.

But yes, it is all part of the same overarching story from Defiance, Resistance, Rescue etc.

Like The Rage?

The Old One

The Old One

Haha, no.

I ought to specify;
A new good, believable foe.

Frosty Venom

I thought the concept and execution of The Rage was actually well done. It was an interesting and new idea in the universe and was one of the best parts about the trilogy.

The Kurgan

Hmm i think a lot about the Rage kinda sucked.

But religious extremist could work. An Alien worshipping cult like in some of the old EU stuff.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed Kurgan.

Spoiler
The whole Rage War trilogy sucked.
[close]

The Kurgan

Spoiler
Despite some super silly stuff the biggest complain for me was it never "felt" like Alien or Predator.The full on scifi\space opera approach just does not fit it
[close]

With religious extremists you would have villains that don't have to act too rational or half way relatable to be believable and it's way more believable that they would engage in large scale atrocities than a publicly traded company. A cult full of amoral religious nutbags that sacrifice human live without second thought is not that farfetched.

You could also have them infiltrate key positions in society to give them more influence etc.

SM

Sounds exactly like The Rage.

The Kurgan

Quote from: SM on Apr 03, 2019, 09:37:55 AM
Sounds exactly like The Rage.

Spoiler
Minus mindcontrolled aliens, synthetic generals, arch spaceship exodus, miracle alien snails that improve their ships and tech etc... You could keep the religious angle and make it something pretty different.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed