Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy

Started by ajm, Feb 10, 2010, 10:17:49 AM

Author
Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy (Read 171,654 times)

ikarop

Quote from: The_Silencer on Feb 10, 2010, 06:16:38 PM
Ikarop. Excuse me, but IMO, I've just formulated a question blended with one positive suggestion which I do essentially consider it as positive feedback.

If it is not then, please, I do honestly apologize for the inconveniences.

Sorry I wasn't referring to you, just in general.

The_Silencer

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 10, 2010, 06:18:42 PM
Quote from: The_Silencer on Feb 10, 2010, 06:16:38 PM
Ikarop. Excuse me, but IMO, I've just formulated a question blended with one positive suggestion which I do essentially consider it as positive feedback.

If it is not then, please, I do honestly apologize for the inconveniences.

Sorry I wasn't referring to you, just in general.

You're very welcome. I'm sorry for the confusion. :)

Brother

http://g4tv.com/videos/44031/Aliens-vs-Predator-Predator-Character-Gameplay-Preview/

It was in this one on G4, around 3:18 Jones says that trophy kills are logged as a statistic at the end of the mission, that's for SP. And they announced the leader-boards where everyone's statistic for XP and stuff goes for MP.

predalien27

I have seen or heard in an interveiw that we could pick what we could do in a Trohy Kill.  Is this true?

magical_boy

similar to his question:
Quote from: EdFishy on Feb 10, 2010, 12:57:37 PM
The game is obviously in its final state at this point, but could you generally give us an indicator of how much the final build has changed compared to the demo? Graphics, movement, weapon balance, on a scale from 1 to 10?

I've enjoyed the demo with my friends despite matchmaking problem. it says at the beginning of the demo that the demo is pre-release build. Is it the E3 demo from last year or a later version?

Drew

Hey guys, a long time lurker here. I'm a big fan of the site, especially ikarop and his consistent coverage.

A few suggestions for multiplayer..

- In the multiplayer's final score screen, display the skin used by the winner instead of the same generic black & white rookie/predator/alien.

- To make the flamethrower a little more useful, the flames should interfere with the predator's heat vision making marines hard to see. An alien lit on fire should also be visible in heat vision.

- The option for player elimination should be available for deathmatch modes. There should be a number which you can set how many lives players will have before elimination.

Xenodog

Quote from: Xenodog on Feb 10, 2010, 03:51:38 PM
Will the Predator's health be lessened, and his weapon's power changed in the final product?
Plasma Caster = 1 hit kill
Spear = 1 hit kill
Disk = 1 hit kill (At closer ranges.)
Mine = 1 hit kill
Heavy attack = Knock down, so essentially a free kill.

This, by far, statistically makes the Predator the most powerful class, as his health is the highest by quite a bit too. Generally, as an Alien at least, I have no problem with Predators, but friends often complain of them being over-powered and/or the "Noob" class.

Will their 1 hit kill weapons and extensive health be altered in the final product?

As well as that^, in online play, how much XP is generally gathered per kill, and will it vary between game-modes and species? And does the XP amount needed to level up increase the higher you get?

FiveByFive

FiveByFive

First and foremost, I would like to congratulate you Rebellion for your proactive stance towards your goal of creating a game that is faithful to both alien and predator franchises. By going directly to one of its largest fan base (movies or videogames) you are connecting with the people that matter most. While some gamers will buy and play this game for an indetermined period of time, most of the AVP galaxy members and/or other aliens and predator afficionados will treat it as they've treated the original AVP classic back in 1999 and continue to play it until a next installment comes out. (even if it is after 10 years, as you already know).

Because you've created something fresh and different from any other 1st person shooter that I've seen yet, it is certain that it cannot be perfect on first try, but with constructive criticism and player feedback, you can achieve your goal.

In saying this, my questions have mostly been asked already, so I just want to phrase them as issues so you can more easily set priorities and weigh player feedback and reccuring issues.

Once again, thank you for your time! Following are the issues I felt might have needed a little "tweaking":

-Will melee and stealth kill range be looked at?
-Will alien HA speed be increased or will Predator HA be decreased?
-Will the flamethrower damage be increased?
-Will the sniper rifle hip fire accuracy be decreased?
-Will the smart gun have more ammo? / use the sound from Aliens? / only detect movement?
-Will the stun effect on the alien be decreased?
-Will the smart disk have a cooldown period? / only kill on direct hit, not on second targets hit?

This question is console related: Because of more difficult capacity of aim, are the X360, PS3 and PC Marine weapon damages all equal? I'm asking, because it is easier to aim on PC and harder on PS3 X360, so are there compromises done to facilitate "taking down" enemies while being a marine?

Thank you for your time!

MrBrokenTusks.

I only have one question about the whole game will survivor mode have matchmaking/search feature or is it friends only? I am a bit confused by the contradictions in interviews. Some say 4 friends and some say 4 player co-op.

BTW This is the most fun I've had on a game since time began (not the best but most fun)
Thank you
Oh wait one more thing will flame thrower have a bit more damage its a bit weak at the moment but if its meant to be like that i can live with it.

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

Thank you guys so much for caring about the AvP community and supporting your game. A lot of companies don't do that, and I really appreciate it.

My questions:

1. Will there be a patch for the stealth kills? The instant stealth kill by pushing a button makes for dissappointing melee battles (when your opponent is spam jumping and trying to get behind you for an easy stealth kill), or will there be something along the lines of: having to push down the interact button for 1-2 seconds before a stealth kill is performed

2a. Can we be looking forward to more online skins in the future? I know many people here are dying to see a Giger alien skin :)

2b. Will different skins for the alien have a different hiss sound?

3. Once agian (as many people have said) asking if the predator's melee advantage will be fixed? The stun time and the recovery time of the predators HA attack make him almost impossible to take head on as an alien. When the alien only has melee, so should have a SLIGHT edge in melee
(finally read through the thread, and it has been answered; thank you)

4. Will ranked matches on the PC be available in dedicated servers, or will we be forced to used the match making when wanting to earn XP?

Once agian, I'd really like to thank the people at rebellion for being so considerate :)

Amazing game so far as well!

Avp3 ftw

I think questions we all want answered:

FLAMETHROWER: Now this thing sucks all together. I don't think any of us are actually excited to pick this weapon up in the game seeing as how the aliens and predators run right through the thing. Will the damage be upped or are you keeping it the same?

XBOX FORUMS: This is probably a major thing and why hasn't there been one made for this game? It will increase the popularity huge.

DISC: This thing is way to over powered. I think it should be delayed when using it. OR just only be able to throw it once and go pick it up again. Then there would be one differnece between the spear because the spear would return but the disc would not? Is there changes for this?

Inferno

Quote from: InfestedGoat on Feb 10, 2010, 08:29:07 PM
Thank you guys so much for caring about the AvP community and supporting your game. A lot of companies don't do that, and I really appreciate it.

My questions:

1. Will there be a patch for the stealth kills? The instant stealth kill by pushing a button makes for dissappointing melee battles (when your opponent is spam jumping and trying to get behind you for an easy stealth kill), or will there be something along the lines of: having to push down the interact button for 1-2 seconds before a stealth kill is performed

2a. Can we be looking forward to more online skins in the future? I know many people here are dying to see a Giger alien skin :)

2b. Will different skins for the alien have a different hiss sound?

3. Once agian (as many people have said) asking if the predator's melee advantage will be fixed? The stun time and the recovery time of the predators HA attack make him almost impossible to take head on as an alien. When the alien only has melee, so should have a SLIGHT edge in melee
(finally read through the thread, and it has been answered; thank you)

4. Will ranked matches on the PC be available in dedicated servers, or will we be forced to used the match making when wanting to earn XP?

Once agian, I'd really like to thank the people at rebellion for being so considerate :)

Amazing game so far as well!

they wont more gameplay variety questions, plus the skin question has been answered forever ago.

InfestedGoat

Hm, I must be out of the loop then. I know that 2b has not been answered, I had a thread about it awhile ago. Also question 1 where its asking about the stealth kills is a gameplay related question.

And the other questions, I suppose, are not gameplay related. So disregard :) Sorry!

Chaotic-Strike

What will be changed from the demo to the final version?

How soon can we expect the maps from the hunter edition to be released?

Will the giger alien skin be in the game or in future dlc?

Drewid

Quote from: magical_boy on Feb 10, 2010, 07:25:41 PM
similar to his question:
Quote from: EdFishy on Feb 10, 2010, 12:57:37 PM
The game is obviously in its final state at this point, but could you generally give us an indicator of how much the final build has changed compared to the demo? Graphics, movement, weapon balance, on a scale from 1 to 10?

I've enjoyed the demo with my friends despite matchmaking problem. it says at the beginning of the demo that the demo is pre-release build. Is it the E3 demo from last year or a later version?

The second part of that question has previously been answered.  It's not the E3 demo code, it's more recent.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed