Michael Fassbender Says ‘Alien: Covenant’ Is “Much Scarier” Than ‘Prometheus’

Started by T Dog, Jul 25, 2016, 04:58:55 PM

Author
Michael Fassbender Says ‘Alien: Covenant’ Is “Much Scarier” Than ‘Prometheus’ (Read 24,092 times)

oduodu

oduodu

The budget that's what I want to know.

Perhaps 300 million dollars?

Seems like both covenant and alien 5 is gonna be ok.

Could it be that we might have 2 great alien films in the next  6-7 years?

I guess covenant will be SW7 - a nostalgia fest .
I still maintain that Prometheus 's true value lies in its ability to open up new avenues.

Keep the good but add something new.

Stolen

We run surely the risk of fan service in Covenant. But not much compared to Blomkamp's Alien, in my opinion.
I don't hate the last Star Wars, but it's just a blockbuster without interest and already forgotten.

oduodu

At least Prometheus tried something different.

10 years from now people will probably understand the value of the film in the long run.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: oduodu on Jul 25, 2016, 08:29:14 PM
The budget that's what I want to know.

Perhaps 300 million dollars?

Not with an R-rating, they'd never make their money back!

$150 million tops.

I think that last Pirates of the Caribbean movie holds the record for most expensive film at around $350 million. Avatar could perhaps have cost even more since I suspect the official figures were fudged.

Perfect-Organism

Hmm, Fassbender is about to become one of the few Alien actors who have been in more than 1 Alien film.  Along with Noomi Rapace.  So far that distinction belongs to Sigourney Weaver and Lance Henrikson only I think.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

HyperHomer

From the sounds of it about how Alien fanbase acts about hating Prometheus, The Prometheus hate so much like the Sonic Fanbase hating Sonic for his blue arms.

Alien Fanbase=Sonic Fanbase.

Doggo33

I care a helluva lot more about whether it will be well written.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Hmm much as I wish to remain optimistic I can't expect these calims to hold up

"It's much scarier than Prometheus "

whiterabbit

Of course it's going to be scarier; it has the muther-fookin alien in it. :P

Also by "when the ball starts rolling" I can't help but remember how awesome aliens was once the second attack happen. It just refused to let up on the tension. However the films budget has to be somewhere between 135 and 160 million. I can't see a higher budget being approved.

Enoch

Oh, I forgot, we need to wait till f**king August of 2017. :( >:(

windebieste

Sounds great so far!  I'm sooo looking forward to how this movie pans out but I've just got one question:

If this is an 'ALIEN' movie, then where's Ripley?  Why is Sigourney Weaver not appearing in it?  Must b fail already. 

OK.  So that's 2 questions.  I'm so durhp.  :P*

-Windebieste.

*sarcasm alert.

Scorpio

Mr. Clemens

Epically-scopally terrify me, Ridley!

(that sounds painful, but I'm up for it  :P)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 25, 2016, 10:55:33 PM
Sounds great so far!  I'm sooo looking forward to how this movie pans out but I've just got one question:

If this is an 'ALIEN' movie, then where's Ripley?  Why is Sigourney Weaver not appearing in it?  Must b fail already. 

OK.  So that's 2 questions.  I'm so durhp.  :P*

-Windebieste.

*sarcasm alert.

See, that's the thing.  We are getting all of these non-Ripley films to satisfy the anti-Ripley brigade, and when we get ONE film proposed by a really cool filmmaker that will offer an alternate ending to Ripley's arc, which fans have been clamoring for for 30 years, all hell breaks loose.  What's wrong with this picture?

windebieste

I'm not 'anti Ripley'.

I'm anti bullshit. 

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed