New Prometheus Featurette! (New Clips/Short Interviews)

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Apr 26, 2012, 12:24:49 AM

Author
New Prometheus Featurette! (New Clips/Short Interviews) (Read 41,592 times)

Winkie Bear

Quote from: SM on Apr 26, 2012, 06:05:25 AM
Quote from: Snark on Apr 26, 2012, 05:59:15 AM
Quote from: SM on Apr 26, 2012, 02:51:15 AMYeah I thought it had been mentioned it's a different system.  I seem to recall 'LV-223' being bandied around.

They never said it was in another star system. That designation should refer to planetary cataloging only. This is most likely another moon in orbit of the Gas giant Parent of LV-426. Why else would they mention in the Weyland History do they mention discovery of LV-426?

Ham fisted homage.  Especially for a planet that is unsurveyed over 80 years later and not settled for 120 years.  Somehow over 300 other planets were more important.

Well, yes but what do they mean by "surveyed". Bear in mind we know now - for real  - of over 1000 planets around other stars (and they're being found at an incredible rate). So perhaps the 300 only represents those that have been mapped in detail and had their resources characterised.

I have to admit I'm loving the footage and can't wait to see this movie. And some of you others might have to fight me for a piece of LMG's ass.

SpeedyMaxx

I felt the need to de-lurk and register (pulling an obscure bit of trivia from the Nostromo personnel files) to comment quickly on this featurette.  Hi.

Lovely to see the Giger temple confirmed.  That head does not look happy.  I love that they're reaching all the way back to the Dune work.

I will stick up for Logan Marshall-Green.  I'm not some avid fan or anything, but I have seen him in some other film and TV here and there and he's actually quite good; I believe he's done a lot on the New York stage.  This in particular, from what I've seen, is a departure for him, playing a well-spoken scientist, but he pulls it off for me.  As for the scene in the transport, well, that would appear to be the Holloway character - he's outlined in the Empire piece as a brash, "extreme sports" type of skeptic and researcher, all about impulsive action and adrenaline.  A manchild with pretensions to wearing an ascot.  And I think LMG is playing that quite well from what little we've seen.

Fassbender is definitely channeling Peter O'Toole's Lawrence and Dirk Bogarde in The Servant.  Striding about with an prickle in his voice where you can't tell if he's genuine or just tired of these people.

robbritton

All looking fantastic. Nothing quite as shiversomely brilliant as the David-8 advert, but I really couldn't be more excited about this film.

Game_Over_Man

Game_Over_Man

Quote from: JKS1 on Apr 26, 2012, 12:59:15 AM
Quote from: Virgil_uk on Apr 26, 2012, 12:51:19 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 26, 2012, 12:47:45 AM
What scene or half a second clip is causing you distress in terms of Logan's acting?

I'd imagine JKS1's referring to the 'whoop' given in the vehicle on the way to the temple.

Yep, not just the whoop - that whole scene - 2 seconds is easily enough to make me think 'I just dont believe you'

The AVP type 'ancient advanced civilization' scene he fronts in the trailer too doesnt inspire in me much confidence in his acting abilities either - a few seconds is enough - again - he just looks like hes 'acting'

at least Bill Paxton's 'whoops' were believable in 'Aliens'

Hammy Logan aside, the rest of the footage in that featurette looks absolutely superb  :)

The soundtrack doesn't help this clip - but I think it's reasonable to show a kind of "immature" excitement for a fantastic new adventure. I think this is how the movie will pan out, starting as a jaw dropping, "innocent" family adventure, before turning into a gruesome horror than none of the characters anticipate. That would be fun, similar to the way the original Carrie film was structured - "Innocent" teen flick gets nasty. 

Quote from: JKS1 on Apr 26, 2012, 12:44:32 AM
Marshal-Green's acting smells of decidedly amateur ham from the little I've seen so far

THAT certainly isnt looking good  :o

(sorry think ive been hacked somehow)

Noomi's unmoved reaction actually makes this bit work. They look like a mismatched couple - that's interesting....

Kev Loaf

Quote from: bioweapon on Apr 26, 2012, 02:20:35 AM
confirmed at last 4 SJ blue space guy/ whatever but just holograms it seems
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=43153.0;attach=669;image
the 4th is in the chair

Nice pic.

Are you saying the 3 large figures surrounding David are holograms? how do you know this? interesrting if true, maybe David activates some kind of hologram message left by the jockeys.

aliennaire

Quote from: escroto on Apr 26, 2012, 07:07:37 AM
David8 is freakin'out constantly like a kid as soon as they enter Giger's corridors. Not to mention when he reaches the chair chamber. Why does he start messing with the control panel? lol
Because they haven't someone in charge like Apone who'd tell them: "Nobody touch nothing!"  ;)

But seriously, they are researchers and David's corporate interest is also doubled by his natural in-built curiosity. By the way has anybody espied David holds a pen-like object when he messes with the alien dashbord - is it a part of their Prometheus' gear or the "wand stick" he finds at the Pilot's bridge?..

Quote from: Snowdog on Apr 26, 2012, 07:56:56 AM
Guy Pierce on the spaceship set ;D This may not mean anything but would love to see him have a bigger role than they originally said he would have.
And all this room looks like his personal quaters aboard the ship - there is a row of white shirts on the rack and the niche with what looks like relics from the pictograms behind his back.

Aww.. and dusty gust scene is my favourite one in this featurette, with Shaw shouting "Go fast!" (or something like that)  :)

Nightmare Asylum

That was great! Really great. I think it may be the last video I watch, though, unless I get too tempted.

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 26, 2012, 01:33:55 AM
Holy awesomeness...

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=43153.0;attach=661;image

Thank you for my new wallpaper :D

EGM1966

Quote from: Snowdog on Apr 26, 2012, 08:09:07 AM
Pure speculation here but i can't help to think this thing is a space jockey cryotube and david woke the demon (jockey) inside of it by playing around with the controls.

Seems possible - although I note the cryotube thing seems to have a ragged hole where the chest would be so I'm not sure the occupant is alive.

I like that shot though as it shows the chair/David relationship is such the SJ must be pretty big after all (although they like to sit low slung it would appear) and I can finally see the supposed puncture mark on the cryotubes which I could never make out on other pictures.

Effectz

Space Sweeper

I wonder when people are going to finally adopt calling these guys Engineers, and the Engineer ship from Prometheus the "Juggernaut" (as it was referred to in the official Fox released "Sets and Props" article).

This could prevent more stupidass names like "Blue Guy" and the nonsensical re-use of the "Derelict".

VickersAsh

amazing!!!

btw, did the ringed planet change positions?

Infected

Quote from: Effectz on Apr 26, 2012, 10:53:21 AM
Quote from: bioweapon on Apr 26, 2012, 02:20:35 AM
confirmed at last 4 SJ blue space guy/ whatever but just holograms it seems
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=43153.0;attach=669;image
the 4th is in the chair

Wah never seen this.
Looks indeed as a hologram of them. but who knows.
Really got a strong feeling they will use David as there puppet and play him against the crew.

Tough little S.O.B.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: Virgil_uk on Apr 26, 2012, 12:46:03 AM
I wonder if the music that's played at the beginning of the featurette is part of the score?

I HOPE NOT.

Quote from: JKS1 on Apr 26, 2012, 12:44:32 AM
Marshal-Green's acting smells of decidedly amateur ham from the little I've seen so far

THAT certainly isnt looking good  :o

(sorry think ive been hacked somehow)

There's been nothing worst than logan marshal green since Brian austin Green. What is with those douchebags with big names scoring hot girls?

ThisBethesdaSea

I hope it's not the music from the film. It was AWFUL.

JKS1

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 26, 2012, 12:03:45 PM
I hope it's not the music from the film. It was AWFUL.

+1

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed