New Prometheus Featurette! (New Clips/Short Interviews)

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Apr 26, 2012, 12:24:49 AM

Author
New Prometheus Featurette! (New Clips/Short Interviews) (Read 42,114 times)

ChrisPachi

Quote from: SM on Apr 26, 2012, 02:51:15 AMYeah I thought it had been mentioned it's a different system.  I seem to recall 'LV-223' being bandied around.

That's it, thanks SM. Dammit I also remember something about it not being Z2R, I just can't find a reference.

And stuff

Quote from: n3m0 on Apr 26, 2012, 12:31:03 AM
00:35

hmmm dune concept used in prometheus  ???
Spoiler
[close]

In the trailer version of this, it looks like there might be a pair of lips and eyes underneath the skull part.  Or maybe that's obvious and my screen is just dark.

Barringer

LV-223 could be another moon in orbit around the Jovian planet, but where I had read LV-223, there was some question as to whether that was a mistake on the part of the press report since some other detail was incorrect. Is it definitely confirmed that it's LV-223 and it wasn't a misreporting of LV-426?

mastermoon

Damn thats so cool, I love the new clips ;D.

Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Quote from: Opiate on Apr 26, 2012, 02:57:17 AM
Quote from: n3m0 on Apr 26, 2012, 12:31:03 AM
00:35

hmmm dune concept used in prometheus  ???
Spoiler
[close]

In the trailer version of this, it looks like there might be a pair of lips and eyes underneath the skull part.  Or maybe that's obvious and my screen is just dark.

You're absolutely right.  Here's an enhanced picture.  (Edit - marked with *spoiler* tag)

Spoiler
[close]

dallas001

I am rather amazed! But I do look forward to surprises for this film. I hope the ideas they never used for ALIEN and Giger's concepts of DUNE work well. I still eager to see this film. As a curious question:

WHO IS GLAD ADI IS SITTING THIS ONE OUT?! LOL!

Vepariga

amazing,the new footage just excites me once again!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Fantastic.

Anyone else notice at 1:22?

Looks like David getting his skin ripped off, to me.

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 26, 2012, 02:38:13 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 26, 2012, 02:35:59 AM
Logan Marshall Green can do me sideways to Sunday :)
Have fun with the parasitic alien squid baby afterward.

whiterabbit

My god, err space jockey; the movie trailers just keep getting more and more beautiful. How the hell is this even possible. :P

The best part, it's pretty obvious that none of us have a freaking clue as to what is going to happen. :) I wonder if Ridley will spill the beans on the real name of the space jockey race in the next week since he already told us the name of the new derelict.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 26, 2012, 04:53:45 AM
Fantastic.

There's already been slowed down animated gifs of that; it's definitely some kind of tentcle entering somebody's suit.

PHANTOM

You gotta love how Ridley just looks at his stunt man floating around and turns away like "meh...just another day at the office" lol.

Def diggin the scene where David is sitting the Space Jockey chair messing with the controls ;D

Snark

Quote from: SM on Apr 26, 2012, 02:51:15 AMYeah I thought it had been mentioned it's a different system.  I seem to recall 'LV-223' being bandied around.

They never said it was in another star system. That designation should refer to planetary cataloging only. This is most likely another moon in orbit of the Gas giant Parent of LV-426. Why else would they mention in the Weyland History do they mention discovery of LV-426?

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 26, 2012, 05:24:55 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 26, 2012, 04:53:45 AM
Fantastic.

There's already been slowed down animated gifs of that; it's definitely some kind of tentcle entering somebody's suit.

Ah, see it now.

Gash

I thought that was the planet name? I mean if we have to now take LV-426 as canonical to ALIEN as well as Aliens, that was the name assigned to the planetoid, not the system. Therefore, this new planet is possibly one of the other planetoids circling the ringed planet from  A  L  I  E  N?

SM

Quote from: Snark on Apr 26, 2012, 05:59:15 AM

They never said it was in another star system. That designation should refer to planetary cataloging only. This is most likely another moon in orbit of the Gas giant Parent of LV-426. Why else would they mention in the Weyland History do they mention discovery of LV-426?

Ham fisted homage.  Especially for a planet that is unsurveyed over 80 years later and not settled for 120 years.  Somehow over 300 other planets were more important.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed