"You Are One Ugly Motherfu…" - Wishlist Alien vs. Predator 3

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2015, 09:50:08 AM

Author
"You Are One Ugly Motherfu…" - Wishlist Alien vs. Predator 3 (Read 28,846 times)

Corporal Hicks

Oh, those are some interesting environment designs. I'd love to see it take place somewhere truly Alien, like that. Give the films their own distinct style outside of the source material.

Maybe establish a new species that the Predators hunt with their own unique and mental architecture or world and introduce the Aliens to that environment. Then go mental.

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 10, 2015, 09:27:21 AM
Oh, those are some interesting environment designs. I'd love to see it take place somewhere truly Alien, like that. Give the films their own distinct style outside of the source material.

Maybe establish a new species that the Predators hunt with their own unique and mental architecture or world and introduce the Aliens to that environment. Then go mental.

Exactly, there's no reason why the films have to be limited to the same type of environments time and again.  And introducing a new species could definitely work if done right.  Alien: Isolation began the trend of bringing back a 70s aesthetic to the series, and Roger Dean, an artist who did album covers for a number of 70s prog bands, would be a great inspiration for planetary designs:

Corporal Hicks

I think you are completely on the mark there. That's a wonderful idea and something I really would love to see explored.

OpenMaw

Some of those images are almost exactly what I was toying with when I mentioned setting AvP in a distinct universe that was isolated.

I have this idea i've been extrapolating for a few weeks now, where an Elder Predator (ala Predator 2) basically decides he's getting up there in age and grabs an Alien egg. Basically going on his last hunt, and he's going off to this really hostile alien world in deep space.

The humans in the story are a group of mercenaries/bounty hunters, and they're going to set down on the same planet and do some kind of an exchange/deal outside of the watchful eye of Colonial/Planetary Authorities. When they show up and make the trek to the rendezvous they find their associates are all slaughtered or missing. They explore their ship, and discover signs of the hunt in progress.

The human characters are then stalked over the course of the day and night by the Predator and Alien. Who engage in several melees with each other.

At some point some of the survivors are chased back to their associates ship and take refuge within, as they are trying to hide and avoid the Predator/Alien they discover a nest in the bowels of the ship where some of that crew are egg morphed/morphing.

The final engagement would have the few human characters scuttling their associates ship, and trying to lure the alien and predator inside.  Who will survive? Haven't decided yet.  :)

The Cruentus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 25, 2015, 10:37:18 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 25, 2015, 10:19:01 AM
I do agree with the fact that there does need to be respect handled for the creatures. There definitely does need to be a middle ground. Anderson gave the Aliens better treatment than he did with the Predators, and the Brothers Strause gave the Predators better treatment than the Aliens. A middle ground is a must.. Show the creatures having a struggle with each other. And if one HAS to stand out, explain and show why a Predator or Alien character is significantly a threat higher above the rest but still able to be conceivably beaten by others as well.

I disagree with this one. I think Chopper's takedown was exactly how it should be portrayed. The Alien used stealth to its advantage. However, the fight between Celtic and Grid was just...meh. No weight or substance to it. And then, of course, when Scar got his shoulder cannon it became a shooting gallery which is reasonable as Predators obviously have advantage. That was all pretty reasonable.

It's just the wrestling match that needed working on.

QuoteI think elements from the old comics were done well in Anderson's movie but he did a different spin on it with the whole pyramid thing. I thought that was actually pretty cool, and introduced something new. Keep the blooding ritual, keep the pyramids but have them set on other worlds too (like BG-386) but if something needs to be standing alone on it's own merits.. fine. However one can't deny that the Alien vs Predator concept which we all want came from the comics. So keep the blooding ritual, keep the idea of Predators harvesting and respecting Xenomorphs.

Setting it in the future? Awesome! This is something which we all wanted eleven years ago but we never even so much as got. Why didn't Davis go with that? I have no idea, but could've would've should've, I digress. Where should it be in the future? The colonies? A space station? A Blade Runner-esque city? All of which are cool!

Indeed. Davis wanted it grounded in his Predator franchise which was Earth-based at that point. It should never have been in the modern like that.

QuoteShip combat? Leave that to Star Wars.

If it was dog-fighting, yes, I'd agree with you. But as both species should certainly have different technologies like that, the capital ship combat would be really cool. As I said, something like Halo.

QuoteGoing back to the original designs? You know.. it just sounds like that's coming from people who wants another Classic Predator, and a Giger Alien. Which is all cool and dandy but I don't want to see another Classic and Giger.. at least.. not DIRECT designs. Maybe subtle redesigns but keep the core elements completely intact. One thing that bothered me about PREDATORS was that Classic was designed for fan-service. I think that was even admitted too.

Doesn't have to be an exact copy, but something more akin to the originals. Very few people like the fleshy, non-biomechanical, reused designs of the Aliens in those films.

QuoteMore alien species? Sure, as long as this is not a preserve planet. I wouldn't mind seeing some free range alien fauna. But I wouldn't want to see something that's.. entirely sentient. I wouldn't mind seeing something like alien primates, raptors, arachnids. I mean can you imagine a Xenomorph which gestated inside of an alien arachnid? That'd be pretty cool.

It needs to happen. At the end of the day, Predator 2 has shown us they hunt other species. Alien and Prometheus showed us there were other beings out there. It'll stagnant if it doesn't try to expand the universe, only retread. Like I said in the homages section, it's not about reusing time and again old tropes. It's about building forward.

QuoteHypothetical movie as a sequel? Like someone on the forum said.. finish it off with a third movie. It doesn't exactly have to reference the first two but it should be the sequel to them. Let AVP be it's own parallel universe or parallel continuity to the Alien and Predator stand-alone franchises.

Hypothetical movie as a reboot? Well... I have some reservations about that but again, and this also applies to it being a reboot too, let AVP be it's own parallel universe or parallel continuity to the Alien and Predator stand-alone franchises.

There is absolutely no reason to make it a sequel to the others. They're disliked for a reason. The human characters are boring and retreads and there's no loose story threads hanging that need to be addressed. It can be it's own thing ala Predators without referencing the first two.

This.
Chopper's take down was realistic for a Xenomorph, they are sneaky creatures but the tail length was quite silly, even moreso is the fact people think Grid is a badass when it didn't do anything special, it stealth killed one Predator and lost a straight up (bad) fight with Celtic, it was the latter's stupidity that cost him his life.
Celtic vs Grid was bad, it was like a cat fight or a bad wrestling match.
Really don't want a sequel to them two movie, start fresh with giger design and proper predator design, along with better characterizations and plot, concept wise, I liked the idea of the pyramid.

THE CITY HUNTER

Retconn the AVP ending instead of crashing to earth it crashes to FURY 161 (check out my forum on that)

Whiskeybrewer

For me I'd like a possible AVP3 to be set on another world, Maybe a Colony world, that finds the remains of an ancient civilisation. A civilisation that was destroyed by the Predators during one of the Seedings/Bloodings.

Then you could have Predators Seeding the planet again when they find that Colonists are on the planet. From there you could then take elements of Peter Briggs original AVP script.

That's how id do it anyway. and have some honourable and dishonourable Predators too.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 10, 2015, 11:38:21 AM
For me I'd like a possible AVP3 to be set on another world, Maybe a Colony world, that finds the remains of an ancient civilisation. A civilisation that was destroyed by the Predators during one of the Seedings/Bloodings.

Then you could have Predators Seeding the planet again when they find that Colonists are on the planet. From there you could then take elements of Peter Briggs original AVP script.

That's how id do it anyway. and have some honourable and dishonourable Predators too.
Similar to predators

SpreadEagleBeagle

-  Take the original AVP movie and transfer it into an outer space setting (on a colonized or never explored planet)
-  Colonial Marines
-  Humans should be the cannon fodder species
-  PredAlien redesign (no dreads, no pecs and downsized mandibles)
-  Competent Xenomorphs
-  Multiple Predators

There you go! Keep it simple! The AvP franchise is bubblegum popcorn pulp and should never pretend to be anything other than that.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 10, 2015, 02:59:26 PM

Similar to predators

Actually closer to the original AVP comic actually. With some Predators going on a spree and have a family slaughtered

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 11, 2015, 11:18:07 AM

Similar to predators

Actually closer to the original AVP comic actually. With some Predators going on a spree and have a family slaughtered
I actually have never read an AVP comic it came out in 1989 right?

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 11, 2015, 02:55:26 PM

Similar to predators

Yeah its the original 4 issue series

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 11, 2015, 10:44:22 PM

Similar to predators

I thought the AVP comics came after predator 2  because of the alien skull

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 13, 2015, 04:29:45 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 11, 2015, 10:44:22 PM

Similar to predators

I thought the AVP comics came after predator 2  because of the alien skull
You may be right, I just cant quite remember which came first. I think it was the comic though. Not 100%

SiL

Comics came first and were running during P2's production; the skull in the ship was a nod.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed