Ridley Scott Wants to “Scare the Shit Out of People"

Started by Stolen, Jun 21, 2016, 08:14:21 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Wants to “Scare the Shit Out of People" (Read 35,855 times)

NickisSmart

Quote from: mace-in-the-face on Jun 23, 2016, 04:45:35 AM
This douche is arrogant about his work to the point that he is rivaling Steve Jobs.

Ridley? Meh, I don't think he gives a shit. The guy's a master. Steve Jobs took other people's work and sold it off as his own. :P

SM

Kronnang_Dunn

Covenant Will "Scare The Shit Out of People"... because of how bad it is...  ;D LOL Sorry.. couldn't resist. BAD JOKE! BAD JOKE!!!  :P

OpenMaw

I'm less concerned with being "scared the shit out of" than I am feeling the tension and suspense. I felt virtually none of that in Prometheus.

Ash 937

Prometheus didn't turn out to be as profound as Ridley intended it to be.  I don't expect Alien: Covenant to be as scary as Ridley thinks it will be.

LordCassusSnow

Thanks SM. Fangoria's award for Avp though lol. But most, if not all, of these awards are for how pretty the movie was. Cameron said it doesn't make sense continuity wise and it's true, glaringly so. I'll admit, some ideas were ok but i can't watch Prometheus without face palming at how stupid its characters are or rolling my eyes at how scaled down the pilot race ended up being just so Scott could make his own human origin story because he's such a big fan of 2001. Because thats what Prometheus was in actuality. He only added Alien "DNA" in his story so people would actually show up. And now since Isolation and fankamp's Alien movie has been announced and has met with positive reception by fans, Scott figures he's got no choice but to toss more xeno's into his sequel in the hopes he doesn't end up producing a movie that fails to top Alien once again. He went from Xeno's aren't scary to his sequel literally having Alien in it and now this bit of news which mirrors quotes from Prometheus. And that shit was'nt scary.

Thomas H.

73% on Rotten Tomatoes, 7/10 on IMDB.... Yeah, this movie is hated by everyone I tell you........

Stolen

Te movie continues to divide people, many disappointed but also many admirers. Prometheus is cult  ;D

BishopShouldGo

I believe he'll succeed this time. Prometheus was a sci-fi drama, and Alien: Covenant is going to be a full blown horror film(without losing any of the existential, cerebral elements). So imagine a film rife with the dread and horror of the Caesarean scene. He's still got it.

Perfect-Organism

Loved Prometheus.  Still do.

Thomas H.

lv_226

NickisSmart

Stolen

Now five... (millions)   ;D

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: lv_226 on Jun 23, 2016, 08:22:00 PM
Quote from: Thomas H. on Jun 23, 2016, 07:48:35 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jun 23, 2016, 07:41:38 PM
Loved Prometheus.  Still do.

You and me both. ;)

Me three!
Quote from: NickisSmart on Jun 23, 2016, 08:31:22 PM
Us four!
Quote from: Stolen on Jun 23, 2016, 08:36:01 PM
Now five... (millions)   ;D
I like Prometheus but wouldn't go so far as to say it's "lovable" material. It's kind of like that one kid you may have. They're smart, good looking and hard working but instead of going to college and getting a career minded background; they go into art shit or something. Sure once or twice out of a hundred they succeed or at least 10% make a decent career out of it but 90% of the time you'll be moaning forever more why they didn't just get that liberal arts degree instead.

Also, maybe Ridley is being literal with his "scare the shit out of people" comment. He could be selling Sir Riddles extra strong laxatives. Now with "black goo" power. When that colon tightens up, nothing like having trillions of little dna poo deconstructors personally scare the shit right out of you! Sir Riddles! The Power to Shit. On sale everywhere. $29.95.
disclaimer: may cause unwanted pregnancy and death.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed